No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost scary that most draftees last year weren't alive for Essendon's last finals win.
On a sort of related note, I actually remember an interview with Luke Darcy at the time of our 2003 win against the Cats at Skilled where he talked about Sam’s birth the day before.

Sam was in his second year on the list the next time we won there.

Blows your mind…

Last edited:
I can't believe how far Oliver has dropped away

7 years at 10 million

It is crazy the drop from where he was 18 months ago until now. 30-35 every week.

Probably the worst off season ever though. He was clearly having serious personal issues and it's impossible to know what's going on outside of what we see on screen, but he's clearly not the same player he was and you'd have to presume he is still dealing with his off field stuff.

He's only 27 still so no reason why he won't get back to his best. Looks like he needs a fresh start. Would take a very brave team to stump up the picks Melbourne would ask for him after what we've seen from the past 18 months

Oliver, Hunter, Smith, Goodwin. That's some off field recreational culture they've got going.
(Yes, yes, I know all teams have players who party hard. We've had 2 of our own in compromising situations. It's just that most other teams/players are professional enough to leave other people's windscreen wipers, internal walls and parked cars unscathed! And maintain their physique.)

Fuchsias is much more apt than Demons.

Port are so hard to get a read on. They look like millionaires last week. And tonight they are -30 in contested possessions and should have lost to Melbourne. This weeks results certainly not doing us any favours for top 4.

It is crazy the drop from where he was 18 months ago until now. 30-35 every week.

Probably the worst off season ever though. He was clearly having serious personal issues and it's impossible to know what's going on outside of what we see on screen, but he's clearly not the same player he was and you'd have to presume he is still dealing with his off field stuff.

He's only 27 still so no reason why he won't get back to his best. Looks like he needs a fresh start. Would take a very brave team to stump up the picks Melbourne would ask for him after what we've seen from the past 18 months
Hasn't changed his ways at all...would take 1 minutes due diligence from any club to know to avoid him like the plague

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having grown up in the essendon area in the 80s and 90s, the last 20 years have been the best of my life. Arrogant, self entitled w***ers used to always drop the old tin rattlers call to me, karma couldn't smack them any harder if they tried. Hope they enjoy every minute of their pathetic club giving the rest of laughs every year this century. Stringer blowing it and seeing Scott's face in the box are just the cherries on top!

Russian Vintage GIF by Buyout Footage
Is that footage from Raygun’s Olympic qualifier?

Having grown up in the essendon area in the 80s and 90s, the last 20 years have been the best of my life. Arrogant, self entitled w***ers used to always drop the old tin rattlers call to me, karma couldn't smack them any harder if they tried. Hope they enjoy every minute of their pathetic club giving the rest of laughs every year this century. Stringer blowing it and seeing Scott's face in the box are just the cherries on top!
IMG_2457.jpeg

Can somebody give me some advice please? I keep getting notifications from Swans mods when I have no interest in the campaigners. How do you stop theses notifications?

I reckon Simon Goodwin is the weakest coach I’ve seen in a long time. I know Beveridge isn’t perfect, but atleast he has the balls to drop players.

How they keep letting a fat, uninterested and shit Oliver play is beyond me. That’s gotta be one of the worst contracts I’ve seen.

He’s playing a bit like Liber at parts of 2017. On a much worse level. It’s brand damaging watching him.

I reckon Simon Goodwin is the weakest coach I’ve seen in a long time. I know Beveridge isn’t perfect, but atleast he has the balls to drop players.

How they keep letting a fat, uninterested and shit Oliver play is beyond me. That’s gotta be one of the worst contracts I’ve seen.

He’s playing a bit like Liber at parts of 2017. On a much worse level. It’s brand damaging watching him.
He’s probably out on the gear with Oliver and someone has photos

I live in the area now. Trust me, it hasn’t changed.

After yesterday's results it looks to me that the top 4 is just about settled which means we are going to have to launch our finals campaign from a cut-throat position - again. Nothing is guaranteed of course so we need to get over Adelaide first who have nothing to lose on their home deck.

From an (Essendon) mate:
Essendon: 11 out of the last 12 scoring shots of the game. 1.11 to 1.0
Lose by a point.

He's fairly philosophical on the surface, but I'm worried about him!
You should worry - your mate can't count...

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back