No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

How does Oliver keep his spot?
6 touches, 2 turnovers, 1 clearance, 1 tackle, 1 free against and 47m gained in over a half of football.
It was champagne comedy when he got a tap in the chest by Sweet and the commentator said he got him in the sweet spot

I would treat this year as a write-off and focus on getting him right for next year.

I think the big problem is that the Demons don't trust him to be able to stay on the straight and narrow away from the club, if he takes the rest of the year off then he'll be left with his demons.

After yesterday's results it looks to me that the top 4 is just about settled which means we are going to have to launch our finals campaign from a cut-throat position - again. Nothing is guaranteed of course so we need to get over Adelaide first who have nothing to lose on their home deck.
If we keep winning we'll finish 5th or 6th and earn a home final. We can't afford to drop a game though.

Hawks vs Carlton is a huge game today to shape the final 8.

How does Oliver keep his spot?
6 touches, 2 turnovers, 1 clearance, 1 tackle, 1 free against and 47m gained in over a half of football.
Melbourne fans have had issues with him for a few years as he simply hack kicks it forward at every opportunity. It's gotten worse this year.

Melbourne fans have had issues with him for a few years as he simply hack kicks it forward at every opportunity. It's gotten worse this year.
Wasn't too bad when he was winning clearances he had no right to win, tackling and racking up the ball. A ball butcher who only gets it a dozen times and offers nothing defensively isn't something you can gloss over and definitely not for 1.2M a year.

Wasn't too bad when he was winning clearances he had no right to win, tackling and racking up the ball. A ball butcher who only gets it a dozen times and offers nothing defensively isn't something you can gloss over and definitely not for 1.2M a year.
5 more years after this too. Signed a monster 7 year deal in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for the bloke. At his best he was awesome. Sad story really. I hope he can sort out his demons.

Just goes to show that your moment in the sun can be very, very brief. That 2021 Melbourne team, with that midfield, should have gone on to greater and sustained success. They hummed and purred for one season and a bit. Then came the arrogance and the complacency. No Deenasty for you.

I live in the area now. Trust me, it hasn’t changed.

I used to live in Moonee Ponds, I hated getting the train in when we played those pricks. Not much fun banter, unlike with other fans.

It used to get pretty heated in the early 2000s. Was sitting right above Matthew Lloyd when he tore a high hamstring ending his season. Some of our more 'enthusiastic' supporters were less than sympathetic to his plight. Fisticuffs were engaged in the concourse, to cries of 'Won't someone think of the children!'

If Hawthorn win today (and you assume they win their last 2) Freo need to beat GWS and Port to make it.

If we keep winning we'll finish 5th or 6th and earn a home final. We can't afford to drop a game though.

Hawks vs Carlton is a huge game today to shape the final 8.
Not necessarily. There are a bunch of games that if only one goes our way we'd make the top 4 (IF we won every game)

And without his mate Petracca it becomes more obvious

I’d love to see Dogs go back to back. It’s totally possible with what we are building. What a time to be following the dogs
Calm Down Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I used to live in Moonee Ponds, I hated getting the train in when we played those pricks. Not much fun banter, unlike with other fans.

It used to get pretty heated in the early 2000s. Was sitting right above Matthew Lloyd when he tore a high hamstring ending his season. Some of our more 'enthusiastic' supporters were less than sympathetic to his plight. Fisticuffs were engaged in the concourse, to cries of 'Won't someone think of the children!'
I was on the 59 tram home after a game one night after they torched us, many years ago. I made a comment to my mate that “if you have to be like them to win then it ain’t worth it”. It nearly ended in a punch on. only for the fact that he is 6”10’ and 140kg that caused them to back down.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back