No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Logan Evans got the last rising star nomination. Been very impressive since being picked up as a mid season draftee and was very good yesterday.

Means Freijah misses out which sort of sucks. Definitely deserved it after the North game where he was awesome. Doesn't diminish what was an excellent season. Lots of good players havent got a nomination.

Logan Evans got the last rising star nomination. Been very impressive since being picked up as a mid season draftee and was very good yesterday.

Means Freijah misses out which sort of sucks. Definitely deserved it after the North game where he was awesome. Doesn't diminish what was an excellent season. Lots of good players havent got a nomination.

I’m sure he won’t give AF if he plays an important role in jagging a win in his first final in a fortnight.

Rising Star this year has an asterisk with the two top contenders both being ineligible. Freijah deserved a nomination though.

It’s a pretty good body of work, I thought after being close last week he’d be a chance.

Petracca 'reportedly' requests a trade in his exit meeting...

I don't know how true it is, but Jake Niall has apparently written about this for The Age.

If there's any truth to that, honestly... pull your bloody head in, Christian. Weak as f*king piss. The Dees were a rabble when they invested in you. They served you very, very well. You got to taste premiership success.

Suck it up and stop throwing your toys out of the cot.

I would be absolutely livid if I was a Dees fan.

Rant over.

I don't know how true it is, but Jake Niall has apparently written about this for The Age.

If there's any truth to that, honestly... pull your bloody head in, Christian. Weak as f*king piss. The Dees were a rabble when they invested in you. They served you very, very well. You got to taste premiership success.

Rant over.

You’re better than that though X

If you believe the reporting Trac wants to go to a big Melbourne club as wants to play in front of big crowds. Despise the Dees but they should just laugh at him and say “You’ll get every cent of your wage paid on time but we aren’t trading you and we aren’t playing you until you pull your head in”.

Last edited:

Rant over.
How do you know what has gone on behind the scenes though to make such an aggressive and sure statement?

Do you know anything about their culture? General behaviors and professionalism by those at the club? Rumors of rampant drug use? How do you know he didn't front the club last year and demanding changes that were not acted on?

I sure the f**k wouldn't want to hang around a club that apparently has a toxic culture. Whether they drafted me is irrelevant, I don't owe them a thing if they do not provide a professional workplace environment. Not up to him to correct the behaviors of other people. I doubt he is overreacting to one trivial incident. It would be an accumulation of years of incidents and stuff alleged to have gone on.

That being said. If he wants to leave because of stupid reasons that I am not buying. Like to play in front of bigger crowds. Then maybe he deserves to cop a mouthful.

How do you know what has gone on behind the scenes though to make such an aggressive and sure statement?

Do you know anything about their culture? General behaviors and professionalism by those at the club? Rumors of rampant drug use? How do you know he didn't front the club last year and demanding changes that were not acted on?

I sure the f**k wouldn't want to hang around a club that apparently has a toxic culture. Whether they drafted me is irrelevant, I don't owe them a thing if they do not provide a professional workplace environment. Not up to him to correct the behaviors of other people. I doubt he is overreacting to one trivial incident. It would be an accumulation of years of incidents and stuff alleged to have gone on.
Don't sign a 7 year deal then if you're not committed to putting in the hard yards to shape the club. It's weak af. Especially the wanting to play in big games thing

If he saw through the contract he signed then its a different story

Holy shit the Petracca trade may actually happen. Never in a million years did I think it would be possible but multiple journos now reporting he’s asked to leave. It’s akin to Bont wanting out. The dees are in meltdown and it’s beautiful to watch.

That being said. If he wants to leave because of stupid reasons that I am not buying. Like to play in front of bigger crowds. Then maybe he deserves to cop a mouthful.
All of this can be true but Melbourne are still entitled to turn around and say the security of contract goes both ways. Melbourne would still have to pay an immense salary to Petracca if his professionalism dropped himself, or he had injury or form issues.

That's not to say that Petracca's entitled to request a trade, and can make it clear to the utmost that he's so disgusted with the club and upset that they have treated him badly while being at his contract that he's going to only play for himself and not the club, and not support the club in any way above and beyond to the letter of his contract (and I think everyone in the wider industry would be understanding given how they handled his injury). At that point it might be better for Melbourne to trade him, to try and win future games of football, even if they're entitled to keep him.

Hold on, didn't he sign a multi million dollar long term deal? Why do that if he wasn't happy and/or had issues with the club's culture?

Nah, I'm not buying it. It's weak as piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's 3-5 journos singing the same song. Sounds like multiple sources at the club too.

Tell me how on earth it's possible or a good idea to keep a player that:
A: doesn't want the be there &
B: his teammates don't want him there.

He will be traded if those 2 things are true. Otherwise melbourne are sabotaging themselves to spite petracca, who is coming across as a flog

All of this can be true but Melbourne are still entitled to turn around and say the security of contract goes both ways. Melbourne would still have to pay an immense salary to Petracca if his professionalism dropped himself, or he had injury or form issues.

That's not to say that Petracca's entitled to request a trade, and can make it clear to the utmost that he's so disgusted with the club and upset that they have treated him badly while being at his contract that he's going to only play for himself and not the club, and not support the club in any way above and beyond to the letter of his contract (and I think everyone in the wider industry would be understanding given how they handled his injury). At that point it might be better for Melbourne to trade him, to try and win future games of football, even if they're entitled to keep him.
Petracca is a gun player, he might be a good bloke, but he was an absolute flog in 2021 to us. Not a good winner and kicking his club in the teeth when they already have problems, you wouldn’t see Bont do that.

Also gary lyon was in complete denial on "on the couch" like he didn't even want to talk about. I thought he'd start crying if they didn't go to a break

But he is prepared to talk to Tassie about it in 3 years 😂😂

It does appear to me that Petracca was shamefully treated on the day of the injury and the weeks after. But what would I know.

Could Petracca potentially be able to rip up his contract? When he signed his contract, wouldn't there be something in the contract that says if the club doesn't provide a duty of care the contract is invalid or something like that.

Could Petracca potentially be able to rip up his contract? When he signed his contract, wouldn't there be something in the contract that says if the club doesn't provide a duty of care the contract is invalid or something like that.
Any attempt at this would end up playing out through the courts and the AFL will intervene in a million dodgy ways to stop that happening.

I hope we keep well clear of the Petracca situation. The trade board is suggesting things like Smith (or the picks we get) + Naughton + Macrae!!!

Any attempt at this would end up playing out through the courts and the AFL will intervene in a million dodgy ways to stop that happening.

I hope we keep well clear of the Petracca situation. The trade board is suggesting things like Smith (or the picks we get) + Naughton + Macrae!!!

Not sure Melbourne will get full value for him if he starts threatening lawsuits, it could turn out like the Ryan Griffen situation. It sounds he wants to go to one of the bigger clubs anyway. Would never entertain the thought of Naughton or Darcy for him even if we got pick 6 back.

How far off being a bigger club are we if we say win the premiership this year.

Will the MCG tenants like Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn be wanting to play us at Marvel for their home games (if that happens now). We could be pulling a crowd for years to come with this team.

Marvel may no longer be big enough. The AFL should grant those deserving tenants the honour of playing us twice a year.

Josh Schache has just been delisted from Melbourne

Josh Schache has just been delisted from Melbourne

4 games at the Dees including 1 coming on in the 4th quarter as sub and 1 as an unused sub.

John Noble has requested a trade to QLD, likely GC

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back