No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to everyone who answered, the dark background was doing my head in. Must be like being at Melbourne Football Club.
I prefer dark mode for nearly everything. Also reduces eye strain and phone power consumption.

Bit of goss...

Their club effectively had to be saved by the AFL stepping in and making all its key appointments.

Seems to now be slipping back to the old ways slowly. The supporters on here have been alive to a lot of this stuff for a long time. Pretty astonishing the club is so incapable of dealing with it.

Banned from AFL and AFLW for life
Ahh, I misheard.

Cheers.

Although how do they actually police that? I'm assuming he won't be able to purchase memberships or tickets in his own name, but surely if he remains anonymous he'll have no issue getting along to matches because it's unlikely he'll be identified unless he ****s up again.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh, I misheard.

Cheers.

Although how do they actually police that? I'm assuming he won't be able to purchase memberships or tickets in his own name, but surely if he remains anonymous he'll have no issue getting along to matches because it's unlikely he'll be identified unless he ****s up again.
The AFL will have to invest in facial recognition technology, installed at every ground.

Or not 🙄

How do the AFL actually monitor that?

From next year, the AFL will force anyone who wants to attend to be micro-chipped. When you'll be scanned at each game you try to attend, if you:
  • post on BF
  • are not a Kayo subscriber
  • don't read Sliding Doors
  • have ever criticised umpiring, MRO, GWS or Brownlow votes 'awarded' to that bloke from Brisbane

You won't be allowed in.

Oh yeah, and if you've thrown a missile at an umpire or player... 🤔

How do the AFL actually monitor that?

It would be pretty hard to, but it’s like losing your licence. Nothing really stopping you from driving, but you’re proper ****ed if you get caught.

Same deal for this guy, he’d get charged with trespassing and another huge fine etc, so wouldn’t be worth it

It would be pretty hard to, but it’s like losing your licence. Nothing really stopping you from driving, but you’re proper ****ed if you get caught.

Same deal for this guy, he’d get charged with trespassing and another huge fine etc, so wouldn’t be worth it
Trespassing is actually a minor offence in isolation.

The fine might be a deterrent but unless there are aggravated circumstances or the bloke has priors, he ain't getting anything more than a good behaviour bond at Court for a first time offence.

It’s reported. Stringer not getting a new contract at the Bombres!!!!! I can see St Kilda going for him. Or Melbourne - he will fit right in with their culture!!

It’s reported. Stringer not getting a new contract at the Bombres!!!!! I can see St Kilda going for him. Or Melbourne - he will fit right in with their culture!!
My understanding, he can trigger one more season at Bombers, but they are offering no more ?

No coincidence Dodoro leaves and the Bumbers start acting like a proper team. Letting Stringer and Laverde walk should only be the start. Need to pack Jake Kelly’s bags as well.

Ok, reporting states he’s been asked to look elsewhere, no mention of the 1 yr trigger. He wanted 3 more years
It’s been mentioned in this Fox Footy article about the one year trigger

Essendon livewire Jake Stringer has hit a “little known” trigger clause in his contract that gives him an extension for 2025, reports the Herald Sun’s Jay Clark.

It means Stringer, who booted 42 goals from 23 games to hit the clause despite originally wanting a two-year extension, isn’t out of contract like it’s been reported.

However the 30-year old’s future remains clouded.

Clark revealed Essendon could “hold firm” and hold him to his current deal or trade the ex-Bulldog to a third club ahead of a defining off-season for Brad Scott and company after the Bombers’ second consecutive late-season fade-out.

It’s believed Stringer would only consider moving to another team for a multi-year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back