No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

North chasing Jack Darling. I know they need to recruit some experience and someone to help out Larkey. But Darling...?

North chasing Jack Darling. I know they need to recruit some experience and someone to help out Larkey. But Darling...?

I told my North friends (sorry Leon, yes I do have North friends and they’re the nicest people I know) that they’d go after him. I’d rather Hawkins or Schache 😉

I told my North friends (sorry Leon, yes I do have North friends and they’re the nicest people I know) that they’d go after him. I’d rather Hawkins or Schache 😉

I've got North mates too. The last few years I've almost felt sorry for them. Not sure Hawkins or Schache are the answer either, but Hawkins probably better than Darling if it's leadership they're after, IMO.

I've got North mates too. The last few years I've almost felt sorry for them. Not sure Hawkins or Schache are the answer either, but Hawkins probably better than Darling if it's leadership they're after, IMO.
I was joking in that I wouldn’t consider Footsteps Darling at all and even those two would be a better choice.

All jokes aside, Stringer must be a very ordinary bloke to have around a club.

Clubs in Essendon's position don't encourage a guy who's just played every game of the season and kicked 42 goals to look elsewhere unless they are a dead set pain in the ar5e.

Maybe he's just a bit strange. Listening to his interviews, it appears he was down the gym and got talking to some bros of the Islamic faith & went Allah-lite. Allah-vanilla. I guess there would be some mutterings behind his back.

He's never been the most committed trainer, pre-season for him is the delicious first bite of Christmas cake.

Is that your understanding? Or what you are hearing?

I think the amount of goals he kicked this year triggers an automatic contract extension, but the feeling is the Bombers are having regrets on that one, especially now Dodickboy is gone.

Jake wants 2 years anyway & feeling is he'll get it elsewhere.

It would be pretty hard to, but it’s like losing your licence. Nothing really stopping you from driving, but you’re proper ****ed if you get caught.

Same deal for this guy, he’d get charged with trespassing and another huge fine etc, so wouldn’t be worth it
This really makes my blood boil. We have lost 2 great men in the last 2 weeks, Sam Landsberger and now NHL superstar Johnny Gaudreau aka Johnny Hockey, both killed by alleged drunk or drug impaired drivers.

All because our laws are so pathetic when it comes to driving under the influence, and too many idiots think that they are bulletproof and will get behind the wheel when they are clearly not in a fit state to operate a vehicle.

FB threw up a reminder of Bernie Quinlan's 350th for Fitzroy, v Geelong.

Team lists for the game feature ex-Bulldog Quinlan, but also:
  • 3 future Bulldogs
  • the son of a 1961 GF Bulldog
  • 3 future senior coaches (including Quinlan)
  • apart from Quinlan, 2 other Brownlow medallists
  • a handy player called Ablett
  • a whole bunch of future Swans and Bears, a founding Eagle, future premiership Roo and Mad Max himself!

FB_IMG_1725078853718.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB threw up a reminder of Bernie Quinlan's 350th for Fitzroy, v Geelong.

Team lists for the game feature ex-Bulldog Quinlan, but also:
  • 3 future Bulldogs
  • the son of a 1961 GF Bulldog
  • 3 future senior coaches (including Quinlan)
  • apart from Quinlan, 2 other Brownlow medallists
  • a handy player called Ablett
  • a whole bunch of future Swans and Bears, a founding Eagle, future premiership Roo and Mad Max himself!

View attachment 2097388

Future Dogs being Bernard Toohey, Richard Osborne and Shane Williams. Although, I'll throw in another one. Darren Morgan was traded to the Bulldogs, from memory, at the end of 1991. The same year that Toohey came across. But he never cracked the seniors. I wonder why. He was a pretty good player.

Future Dogs being Bernard Toohey, Richard Osborne and Shane Williams. Although, I'll throw in another one. Darren Morgan was traded to the Bulldogs, from memory, at the end of 1991. The same year that Toohey came across. But he never cracked the seniors. I wonder why. He was a pretty good player.

Yeah, I thought about Morgan, but like you, discounted him as he didn't play seniors.

Yeah, I thought about Morgan, but like you, discounted him as he didn't play seniors.

He was never the same after Duper split him right up the middle in a shirt front that left him vibrating like Wylie Coyote.

There’s another bloke there who continued to serve the Cats long after he’d left them and went to the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back