No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca has made a statement saying he’s committed to the Dees. Wonder if they had to sack someone who he felt particularly contributed to their awful state.
Maybe none of his preferred clubs had the draft capital or cap space to get a deal done, so he's had to backtrack.

Either way, looks like more difficult times ahead at the Dees.

What a shame.

This really makes my blood boil. We have lost 2 great men in the last 2 weeks, Sam Landsberger and now NHL superstar Johnny Gaudreau aka Johnny Hockey, both killed by alleged drunk or drug impaired drivers.

All because our laws are so pathetic when it comes to driving under the influence, and too many idiots think that they are bulletproof and will get behind the wheel when they are clearly not in a fit state to operate a vehicle.
Our laws are pathetic when it comes to drink driving? You cannot be serious.

Do you know how many hoops you are made to jump through before a Magistrate even considers you eligible to apply for your Driver Licence?

This is for a first time offence with no aggravated circumstances...

1. You are automatically disqualified from obtaining a Driver Licence anywhere in Australia for a period of two years.

2. You receive a fine. This amount can vary but it's usually about $2,000.

3. You are made to do a mandatory Driver behavioural change program. This course will cost you a participation fee.

4. As your two year disqualification nears, you then have to make an application at the Magistrates' Court for a Licence Eligility Order. The date of this application cannot be less than two years since your conviction.

5. You have to be interviewed by a Police Officer who will make an assessment as to whether they recommend you are eligible to legally drive on a highway under the Road Safety Act.

6. You go to Court, a Magistrate is shown the Licence Eligibility interview notes (and police recommendation). If all goes well, a Magistrate will allow you to apply for your licence again. This means your status changes from disqualified to unlicensed. You then have to go to Vic Roads to apply for your licence again.

7. If you get your licence back, you then have to pay more money to get an interlock device installed. You have this interlock usually for life.

Our drink driving laws are easily one of the strictest around. We have often been trailblazers when it comes to road rules.

Consider all of this punishment for a small female who drives to work at 7am the morning after consuming five glasses of wine prior to 11pm the night before. If she blows over .05, all of the above applies to her. Just think about how innocent that costly mistake is...

North chasing Jack Darling. I know they need to recruit some experience and someone to help out Larkey. But Darling...?
I told you not to call me Darling on BF. 😡

They might find out about us! I think they already suspect something…

Could work out ok for them if they can get him cheaply. Especially in their premiership window.

They probably wouldn’t accept any BS and could have some clauses in the contract to hold him to account. I’d rate Sydney as a better chance of making it/him work than Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docherty returning to play in the blues final.

There's what we did in 2016 with the week's break and then there's crazy.

Can you imagine us selecting Smith for Friday? That's how crazy this potentially is.

Massive risk. Hope he goes well personally, but they're clearly pulling the sentimental angle and I don't know if that'll fly in finals.

There's what we did in 2016 with the week's break and then there's crazy.

Can you imagine us selecting Smith for Friday? That's how crazy this potentially is.

Massive risk. Hope he goes well personally, but they're clearly pulling the sentimental angle and I don't know if that'll fly in finals.
Yes. McLean in 2022 comes to mind but McLean was out for longer than Docherty was.

Yes. McLean in 2022 comes to mind but McLean was out for longer than Docherty was.
In hindsight, it didn't work. He had a brilliant first quarter then was gassed for the rest of the game.

To put it in context the VFL/AFL has been going 128 seasons. Essendon haven’t won a final for the last 15.6% of the history of the game.

And it’ll be 16.3% by the time the next finals series rolls around.

Karma for the drug cheats.

Furthermore if my calcs are correct, haven't won a final without that toss Sheedy at the helm since 1968.
Correct. 21st September 1968. Coming round to 56 years.

Even the brown paper bag kings, Carlton, have only won 6 this century (and two of those were last year). Meanwhile we have won 11 since 2000.

It's amusing how the big clubs struggle under the burden of equalisation.

To put it in context the VFL/AFL has been going 128 seasons. Essendon haven’t won a final for the last 15.6% of the history of the game.

And it’ll be 16.3% by the time the next finals series rolls around.

Karma for the drug cheats.
Don’t forget the 16 flags they’ve won DW. Surely you’ve heard about them….

They’ve won absolutely shit all in the comp in its current form

Most flags before TV was invented and the league was much smaller & several more outside the national comp and when cheating was rife.

Just like Carlton, as soon as they can’t cheat, and they have to toil away like the rest of us, they are no good

Long may it continue

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back