No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to be gross wanting Shitney to beat Hawthorn next week 🤢🤮

Sort of stopped pencilling in straight set exits after 2017. Geelong got absolutely pantsed by Dusty and the Tigers and were coming up against Sydney who’d won 15 of 17 and won their Elimination Final by 10 goals. Thought it was the most obvious result ever and Geelong ended up winning that by 59. If that result could happen then anything could happen.

Port were pathetic on the weekend and Hawks were very impressive and professional. So everything suggests they should smash them on Friday, but I’m not willing to start pencilling in straight sets exits yet.

Sort of stopped pencilling in straight set exits after 2017. Geelong got absolutely pantsed by Dusty and the Tigers and were coming up against Sydney who’d won 15 of 17 and won their Elimination Final by 10 goals. Thought it was the most obvious result ever and Geelong ended up winning that by 59. If that result could happen then anything could happen.

Port were pathetic on the weekend and Hawks were very impressive and professional. So everything suggests they should smash them on Friday, but I’m not willing to start pencilling in straight sets exits yet.
Sydney will beat them if they get through

After the weekend I'm really struggling to give a f.ck, but who are people's preferences with 6 teams left?

No outcome is good, but could live with GWS or Port, would hate Brisbane or Geelong, but would really hate Sydney or Hawthorn.

After the weekend I'm really struggling to give a f.ck, but who are people's preferences with 6 teams left?

No outcome is good, but could live with GWS or Port, would hate Brisbane or Geelong, but would really hate Sydney or Hawthorn.

Port
Daylight
Brisbane
Murdering myself
Hawks
Sydney
GWS
Geelong

Hopefully the Hawks and Brisbane lose this weekend. Sydney v Giants GF for the 'Who Gives A S*** Premiership Cup' and Giants win and nobody cares by 7pm and the day never even happened by the Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone but Hawks or Swans, given the absolutely w***ery from both fan bases across the past week or two.

Couldn't care if Cats win another, or Port get there as much as their fan base is feral.
Lions meh!
GWS, wouldn't mind them if they didn't have Greene.

Still would prefer GWS but it’s looking harder for them now. Don’t like any of the others 🙁

Swans with a dodgy free kick in the last minute of the game, just for the mental gymnastics of Swans fans.

This probably been discussed elsewhere but my god thats a big deal. Apparently worth 12mil over the 9 years. Wouldn’t surprised me if he fulfils this contract but still paying a lot on potential.

I do feel like the AFL should probably cap lengths of contracts. Looks like Gold Coast have saved themselves a little with the clause, but teams (and we are most certainly included) almost need to be saved from themselves with these deals.

This probably been discussed elsewhere but my god thats a big deal. Apparently worth 12mil over the 9 years. Wouldn’t surprised me if he fulfils this contract but still paying a lot on potential.

I do feel like the AFL should probably cap lengths of contracts. Looks like Gold Coast have saved themselves a little with the clause, but teams (and we are most certainly included) almost need to be saved from themselves with these deals.

And Melbourne missing out on another top 15 tall forward next year in Ah-Mu.
Tairon the 198cm 17 year old Samoan plays for their academy but doesn't meet criteria for eligibility under the NGA come draft day even though Melbourne are lobbying hard.
He has kicked 21 goals in 10 Coates league games as an under-ager.

And Melbourne missing out on another top 15 tall forward next year in Ah-Mu.
Tairon the 198cm 17 year old Samoan plays for their academy but doesn't meet criteria for eligibility under the NGA come draft day even though Melbourne are lobbying hard.
He has kicked 21 goals in 10 Coates league games as an under-ager.
West Coast missed out on Neil Erasmus in the someway didn’t they

The thing about the Mac Andrew deal that concerns me is the precedent that it creates and the implication for our next Darcy contract ( and maybe JUH). Either the salary cap has to keep pace or we need our own Cotton On arrangement.
Also with huge dollars going to the few “stars” the McNeils are getting squeezed big time

The thing about the Mac Andrew deal that concerns me is the precedent that it creates and the implication for our next Darcy contract ( and maybe JUH). Either the salary cap has to keep pace or we need our own Cotton On arrangement.
Also with huge dollars going to the few “stars” the McNeils are getting squeezed big time
I don't think it's the McNeil types on minimum wage, they become more important. It's the mid range players like Williams, Weightman, Richards etc that you suddenly can't afford.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back