No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing about the Mac Andrew deal that concerns me is the precedent that it creates and the implication for our next Darcy contract ( and maybe JUH). Either the salary cap has to keep pace or we need our own Cotton On arrangement.
Also with huge dollars going to the few “stars” the McNeils are getting squeezed big time

And the precedent is arguably set at our club with the Naughton deal.

But every big name is just getting massive deals at the moment, a bad injury or a Clayton Oliver style personal meltdown and the contract becomes very susceptible.

AFL loves just copying America. I wouldn't be angry if they added NBA style year restrictions. 5 years for players on your own team, 4 years for players not on your team. Happy to add a couple more but I don't love the current lengths

And the precedent is arguably set at our club with the Naughton deal.

But every big name is just getting massive deals at the moment, a bad injury or a Clayton Oliver style personal meltdown and the contract becomes very susceptible.

AFL loves just copying America. I wouldn't be angry if they added NBA style year restrictions. 5 years for players on your own team, 4 years for players not on your team. Happy to add a couple more but I don't love the current lengths
The weird part is that everyone knew very long-term, lucrative contracts were a bad idea after the Darren Gaspar debacle etc and they went right out of vogue.

Then the expansion clubs and the Boyd contract brought them back.

Now we’re getting the Oliver deal, the Treloar and Grundie deals at Collingwood and our own issues with Macrae and Daniel and clubs are not only still doing these deals but doubling down and making them longer.

I don’t mind the length of deals being handed out, it’s the conditions.

There needs to be a clause that can enable the fans to get a player fired out of a cannon for our own amusement when things aren’t going so well.

It’s not even asking for that much in the grand scheme of things, ffs.

One job tonight Port, one job.

We've all had enough of Hawthorn this week.

Nobody needs another week of the ridiculous Hokball.

Come on.

🙏

Port need to come out firing imo. If hawks are a few goals up at QT or HT the natives will get increasingly feral. The spectre of another straight sets exit and a poisonous atmosphere might be too much for the players to cope with.

On the flip side, if Port’s mids can get on top it’ll be a long night for the hawk’s defense. Their small forwards might not get near it.

I’ve put some money on Port but not much, and only because I already have a hawks flag bet. It’s impossible to know how tonight will play out imo.

Utterly sick of Hawthorn, utterly sick of Geelong - both in equal measure.

I am team “Anyone But Them” for the rest of finals - that includes getting behind other teams I don’t particularly like.

Just anyone but ****ing Geelong or Hawthorn.

Just **** off already both of you.

Go Port.

Intriguing match. Last time Port fans baying for blood pregame at Adelaide Oval, they beat us by 1000 and Butters, Rozee and Wines had 45 touches in the first quarter.

They are as unpredictable as us and you can never know when they are going to bring their best or their worst form.

Hawks were so impressive against us that you sort of just assume they'll be too good for Port but I think we'll see a different Port than last week. This Kenny resigns if they go out in ugly fashion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Port supporter who thinks firing Hinkley will change much with this team is in for a shock. Josh Carr already runs the show on game day. Kenny is just a sideline motivator and gives the occasional spray.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back