No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved that way the commentators could not reference the crowd like they usually do or even at all

They couldn’t say the attendance number, it’s packed, not a spare seat in the house etc etc

Those empty seats could not be filled even with the free membership and pet memberships given out

afl says crowd of 18k I say BS
Like I said in the other thread the stadium was packed for our 2016 prelim against them and the crowd was around 20k I believe. Absolute joke that figure of 18k.

Collingwood led Richmond by 45 in the 1973 preliminary final. During the second quarter the scores at one stage were 67 to 22. You can watch the game on YouTube.

Is that the one Royce came on at half time after almost missing through injury and turned the game ?
I was there that day.

Port to win the flag only for the fact I want the other three teams to lose in a screaming heap of tears (Brisbane), whinging (Sydney) and smugness (Geelong)
Then what would happen to the Sack Hinkley threads?

Hands down the worst finals choke I can remember (by that I mean their entire campaign).

To be well up in both finals in the third quarter and blow both is shocking.

And Daniels taking the advantage when they had the free at the top of the square is one of the most brain meltingly inexplicable things I’ve seen in a final.
When Daniels kicked that ball off the ground for a point I turned to my better half and said - they're gonna blow this now (with haunting memories of 1997 in the back of my mind).

To do it once is bad but forgivable.

To do it twice, only way worse the second time, is PTSD inducing I’m sure.
And people say you learn from your mistakes - here is exhibit A of why that saying is usually BS. From my life experience, people are creatures of habit and will continue to make the same mistakes in life if given the chance.

When Daniels kicked that ball off the ground for a point I turned to my better half and said - they're gonna blow this now (with haunting memories of 1997 in the back of my mind).

And people say you learn from your mistakes - here is exhibit A of why that saying is usually BS. From my life experience, people are creatures of habit and will continue to make the same mistakes in life if given the chance.
The Daniels mistake was horrific. Could have chewed 30 seconds and put them over four goals up.

I still thought they would hold on. It’s way worse than ‘97 in terms of choking. It’s the stuff of legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if they picked GWS up and plonked them in Tassie, no-one from Western Sydney would realise until about August.
Tassie should have been given a licence well before Greater Waste of Space.

It's dismal after all these years, untold millions poured down their throat, GWS/GCS still can't get a decent crowd.
The AFL would not give millions to the dogs if we got in financial trouble.
We'll also be p!ssed in Tassie if we have that flog Toby Greene in our team.

Last edited:
Are we feeling for Callan Ward? He has played in 5 losing prelims, both the Giants and Bulldogs have won 3 prelims in his time in football and was injured for the Giants only prelim win and left before we won our 2. Then to go out in straight sets like this, both games in their control. For the last 5 years I’ve wanted him back at the kennel for his hardness, but I reckon he’s cursed, so don’t really want him anywhere us now.

Are we feeling for Callan Ward? He has played in 5 losing prelims, both the Giants and Bulldogs have won 3 prelims in his time in football and was injured for the Giants only prelim win and left before we won our 2. Then to go out in straight sets like this, both games in their control. For the last 5 years I’ve wanted him back at the kennel for his hardness, but I reckon he’s cursed, so don’t really want him anywhere us now.
Nah.

How many years do GWS have left of paying Coniglio 1.2 million? 2 or 3? I know he copped a head knock last night, but before that and the weeks prior he has looked nowhere near a best 22 player. Awful deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back