No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The Daniels mistake was horrific. Could have chewed 30 seconds and put them over four goals up.

I still thought they would hold on. It’s way worse than ‘97 in terms of choking. It’s the stuff of legend.
the other incredible aspect is that up untill round 23, particularly the last third of the season GWS were imperious in close games. just had that toughness and belief that they'd win from anywhere close, and came from nowhere to beat hawks.

the thing they kept doing in both finals late on was handballing long and blindly, over their head sometimes at stoppages, with most going straight to the opposition for a clearance, i cant believe that wasnt corrected after the Swans final.

Those two ‘holding the ball’ decisions that went against Port Adelaide and for Hawthorn in the 2nd quarter were disgraceful. They were real game changers, they stop momentum and gift Hawthorn 2 goals that should have been easily defended because they were both great and fair tackles. Hawthorn media mafia are just wrong on the Kenny issue. Kenny wasn’t disrespectful to Breust, it was way before that, it was Sicily that was disrespectful, who kept at it at the Breust acknowledgment. Hawthorn got the karma they deserve.

the other incredible aspect is that up untill round 23, particularly the last third of the season GWS were imperious in close games. just had that toughness and belief that they'd win from anywhere close, and came from nowhere to beat hawks.

the thing they kept doing in both finals late on was handballing long and blindly, over their head sometimes at stoppages, with most going straight to the opposition for a clearance, i cant believe that wasnt corrected after the Swans final.
I think once something is a bit ingrained it’s hard to correct. I’m sure they went to town after the week one loss, but once they were under pressure they went straight back to “safe” chip around footy, which led to a lot of long balls then panic when Brisbane forced a contest.

It’s like they just totally stopped attacking. Very strange.

Those two ‘holding the ball’ decisions that went against Port Adelaide and for Hawthorn in the 2nd quarter were disgraceful. They were real game changers, they stop momentum and gift Hawthorn 2 goals that should have been easily defended because they were both great and fair tackles. Hawthorn media mafia are just wrong on the Kenny issue. Kenny wasn’t disrespectful to Breust, it was way before that, it was Sicily that was disrespectful, who kept at it at the Breust acknowledgment. Hawthorn got the karma they deserve.
The Sicily sympathy tour he has been embarking on is embarrassing for him and the Hawks.

Historically premiership teams have a habit of having come from well behind in one of their finals.

Adelaide 97 and Richmond 73 have been mentioned. Bombers in 93 against Adelaide, Sydney in 2005 against Geelong, and let's not forget Richmond coming from behind in the first qtr to win the 2019 premiership by 15 goals.

Historically premiership teams have a habit of having come from well behind in one of their finals.

Adelaide 97 and Richmond 73 have been mentioned. Bombers in 93 against Adelaide, Sydney in 2005 against Geelong, and let's not forget Richmond coming from behind in the first qtr to win the 2019 premiership by 15 goals.
We actually fell behind in all of our 2016 finals and were 22 points down against Hawthorn in the SF.

There have been a few sides that have bulldozed their way to flags (ie Richmond in 2017) but most sides have a few very tense moments on the way. Suspect it’s better preparation for a GF than total flogging.

The Sicily sympathy tour he has been embarking on is embarrassing for him and the Hawks.

Classic gaslighting.

Yes, he's 21, so he's an adult.

Yes some people are obsessed because they can't believe one person can repeatedly make such an arse of himself and be such a d***head after being called out so many times before.

I swear my kids change their behaviour after being told not to do something twice and they've just started primary school.

IMG_2162.jpeg

That’s the biggest finals choke in terms of margin since…I don’t even know?

Essendon vs Adelaide in 1993 was 42 points.

Anyone know of a bigger one in terms of margin?

It appears Geelong against Carlton in the 1931 prelim is the overall largest finals comeback. At quarter time the score was 47 to 0 in Carlton's favour. Reading the match report in The Sporting Globe shows that Geelong were behind 15 to 47 during the early stages of the second quarter, so the margin was no greater than 47 during Geelong's comeback.

It appears Geelong against Carlton in the 1931 prelim is the overall largest finals comeback. At quarter time the score was 47 to 0 in Carlton's favour. Reading the match report in The Sporting Globe shows that Geelong were behind 15 to 47 during the early stages of the second quarter, so the margin was no greater than 47 during Geelong's comeback.

Crazy game. Geelong were up at half time as well. Maybe it was blowing a gale just during the first half?

Classic gaslighting.

Yes, he's 21, so he's an adult.

Yes some people are obsessed because they can't believe one person can repeatedly make such an arse of himself and be such a d***head after being called out so many times before.

I swear my kids change their behaviour after being told not to do something twice and they've just started primary school.

View attachment 2112427
Unfortunately the longer you’re alive the more you encounter a specific kind of individual who does not learn and will repeat the same mistake over and over.

It’s embarrassing. Absolutely no one outside the Hawthorn bubble sees it as a big deal.

Ginnivan mouthed off yet again and Hinkley rubbed it in. Who cares.
The best part was seeing the Hawthorn brains trust on the Fox Footy panel cry about it for an hour after the match.

The best part was seeing the Hawthorn brains trust on the Fox Footy panel cry about it for an hour after the match.

An hour?

They are still going, aren’t they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just last week Carlton fans entered the "maybe the KPD we needed all along was already on our list" phase of having Lewis Young on their list
I remember when he came out and said that the change of clubs was the kick up the ass he needed. Bless him.

I don't think Kennedy is that great but man Carlton treat him like dirt. Don't really understand it, he's always the guy who gets shuffled around to fill holes, you'd think the club would love him. Seems like a good teammate too, weird. Already been delisted and re-rookied once. He should probably try and find a new home but not sure if there is any sure things for him, Carlton might remain his best chance of getting a game every week.

Find the Young one weird as well. I think they see Weitering and Young's ideal matchup being the same player so don't want them to play together but they sat through a pretty awful Kemp season, especially in the middle rounds when things started turning to shit, and then gave the broken down Marchbank and Durdin chances ahead of him too. Other than still being the worst kick in the league he had a solid season in the chances he got.

So we have an opportunity to bring both Stringer and Young 'home'...? 🤔

And Tom Boyd is only 29... just sayin'! 😉

Remember that year - 1996 - that we recycled Todd Curley, Allen Jakovich and Tony Campbell all in a single draft? Ah, those were the days...
(Tbf, after starting 96 forward, Curley became a solid defender. Not his fault Jarman got on the end of some McLeod purlers in the 97 prelim. ☹
But TC had peaked in 92, and Jako shouldn't have played until/if he got back in better condition. Mark Kleiman you numpty! 😆😢)

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back