No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Same bloke:

"
I think we can say with complete certainty that the umpiring department will never, ever allow us to win a flag.

I hope VFL HQ is truly happy with themselves.

It’s a franchise destroying result.

My family will not renew our memberships for 2025.

We have a great team, coach, club and stadium.

However, we will never be allowed to win.

It’s that tragic, and that simple.

My best of future wishes to my fellow Giants Board posters.

It’s been a pleasure, but this is where I leave you."

That's an impressive melt.
So good.

I love how it was 'VFL' VicBias that robbed them in finals vs Sydney and Brisbane.

The poster does show a more reasonable grip on reality when he refers to his football club simply as a franchise.

Remember when a few on this board were sooking it up that we let Lewis Young go hahaha.
Of the players who have left us in recent times, Dunkley and Lipinski are the only ones that have seriously delivered at their new clubs.

Dahlhaus and Roughead were ok but short lived, and Stringer and Hunter kept doing the same things that drove us nuts.

Others like Young have never concerned me. He was out of the side for a reason.

Of the players who have left us in recent times, Dunkley and Lipinski are the only ones that have seriously delivered at their new clubs.

Dahlhaus and Roughead were ok but short lived, and Stringer and Hunter kept doing the same things that drove us nuts.

He's a premiership player but Lipinski has far from seriously delivered. Is a solid player who seems to have accepted he will never play midfield which weirdly enough he didn't want to do for us.

He's a premiership player but Lipinski has far from seriously delivered. Is a solid player who seems to have accepted he will never play midfield which weirdly enough he didn't want to do for us.
I take the point but he’s been a reliable best 22 player in a successful side and cost them nothing. He’s also young. I think they’d be very happy with it.

I think his big issue with us was that he wasn’t in the side at all in the run to finals in 2021 and he just wanted a regular game.

Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph reported on Fox Footy’s On the Couch the Power have tabled Perryman a six-year deal worth as much as $850,000 per season — with GWS and Hawthorn’s offers not said to be as fruitful

Crazy money.

Think the Pies got a lot out of Roughead, he looked really cooked with us.

They got 62 games out of him. Plus a solid footy brain and clubman hanging around post-playing career. Coaching/positional change medical/fitness staff/facilities, who can say but they got three good years out of him when we stuck a fork in him. In years we were lean in both ruck and KPD.

Dahl was absolutely cooked though and we were right to move him on/‘lowball’ him.

Being a premiership player is seriously delivering imho

They got 62 games out of him. Plus a solid footy brain and clubman hanging around post-playing career. Coaching/positional change medical/fitness staff/facilities, who can say but they got three good years out of him when we stuck a fork in him. In years we were lean in both ruck and KPD.

Dahl was absolutely cooked though and we were right to move him on/‘lowball’ him.
I suppose the other thing is we were short a key back at that time but didn’t play him there, so he could have played some footy with us in the place of Gardy or Keath perhaps between 2019 and 2021.

It’s not like when I watched the Pies in that time I was thinking “how did we let him go” though. He was solid.

Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph reported on Fox Footy’s On the Couch the Power have tabled Perryman a six-year deal worth as much as $850,000 per season — with GWS and Hawthorn’s offers not said to be as fruitful

Crazy money.
Port just seems to have never ending cap room every off-season. Here's hoping they signed Perryman to that deal and Cumming as well, squeeze out Butters please.

Being a premiership player is seriously delivering imho
I've said it before Roughead doing what he did for the Pies was a minor miracle. He could barely move in his last season for us, was really happy for him that he got to play a couple of quality years. Being in a settled role and more importantly settled and experienced backline did wonders for him.

Re: Lippy he was named sub for the Granny after a rather lean finish to the year and fairly meh finals. Surprised to see he kicked 18 goals this past season, I always thought he would be a real crafty small-medium forward, has such sublime skills.

Re: Lippy he was named sub for the Granny after a rather lean finish to the year and fairly meh finals. Surprised to see he kicked 18 goals this past season, I always thought he would be a real crafty small-medium forward, has such sublime skills.
He missed a fair chunk of the premiership year with a shoulder injury. His form was definitely down late and he wasn’t a major contributor on GF day but three years in (and with perhaps 4-5 more to play) they’d be very happy all up.

I think he would have battled with us given our recent focus on leg speed. Fits our age profile though given we have a few over 30. I certainly wonder what if with him more than the likes of Stringer.

Crazy money.
So I thought all Geelong players took less money to keep the team together…..$850 over 6 is pretty good money….i would have thought $450-500 would be the mark….cant have it both ways can they…when will the AFL cotton on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I thought all Geelong players took less money to keep the team together…..$850 over 6 is pretty good money….i would have thought $450-500 would be the mark….cant have it both ways can they…when will the AFL cotton on?
My bad….i read that as Cats had tabled the offer to Perryman….getting tired….my point still stands though

So could we just have a show of hands of those who thought we did the wrong thing by cutting JS?
Correct thing to do. I don’t always agree with Bevo’s selection or list management but unfortunately Jake was one of those extremely immature people who refuse to be mentored and grow up. Many do and turn themselves around quite quickly. Some realise too late for their footy career but still mature and some never do. I don’t know where Jake sits here, but why wouldn’t he just put his head down, get properly fit and professional (he has been paid very well) and just work hard for the club and supporter group who embrace him? Cop the one year terms and back ya self in.

Josh Schache

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back