Toast Non-Bulldogs fans who will be Bulldogs fans this week

Remove this Banner Ad

All these lovers will be haters in 5 years, Mark my words.

Keep it up though. It's great white it lasts.
While not quite the same considering the time between flags, I'm assuming Hawthorn had something similar when they faced Geelong in 2008. So yeah, you will be universally hated if you keep it up :)

Otherwise, I'm on board. Cmoooonnn Dogs.

I have posted on this board before about one of my best mates who died just over a year ago. I don't live in Victoria so he was the only Bulldog I knew. I knew this bloke for decades from the times we were young, dumb and drunk troublemakers in the pub up until we became wise, old drunks with young troublemakers of or own. My mate Doug was one of the best blokes going around. You couldn't stay mad at the bloke and he was the definition of loyal..to his family, his mates and his club.

Of course the Big C got him and well before his time like it happens so often. I sometimes call the Dogs the Western Bulldougs and so do several of my mates who remember Douggie well. His favourite player was Douggie Hawkins of course and Doug was a proud and passionate Bulldog..as I pretty much imagine all you to be.

So count me in as another bandwagonner hoping to witness that Doggie premiership, and I'm hoping my dear departed mate can somehow see and enjoy your success...I'm sure all who remember Doug will be thinking of him this week and especially tomorrow. Go you Western Bulldougs!

I have posted on this board before about one of my best mates who died just over a year ago. I don't live in Victoria so he was the only Bulldog I knew. I knew this bloke for decades from the times we were young, dumb and drunk troublemakers in the pub up until we became wise, old drunks with young troublemakers of or own. My mate Doug was one of the best blokes going around. You couldn't stay mad at the bloke and he was the definition of loyal..to his family, his mates and his club.

Of course the Big C got him and well before his time like it happens so often. I sometimes call the Dogs the Western Bulldougs and so do several of my mates who remember Douggie well. His favourite player was Douggie Hawkins of course and Doug was a proud and passionate Bulldog..as I pretty much imagine all you to be.

So count me in as another bandwagonner hoping to witness that Doggie premiership, and I'm hoping my dear departed mate can somehow see and enjoy your success...I'm sure all who remember Doug will be thinking of him this week and especially tomorrow. Go you Western Bulldougs!
Thanks for sharing your story and for the well wishes PC. :thumbsu:

I am powering up as we speak.

tumblr_n0n8zwX0D71sdfhwqo1_500.gif

I'll be watching on the NSW South Coast.
Best of luck to your boys Doggies.
I hope they salute for you supporters.

Well done on getting to the Granny.
Probably have already over-achieved this year whatever happens.

Just wondering is the ''so brave'' stuff the media keeps on saying wearing thin for you guys?
Also how do you feel about being a lot of people's second team?

I personally don't believe in second teams, i hate everyone who isn't North :)

Cheers everyone for the support :D One of my friends in Melbourne who is a Hawks supporter offered to fly me over for the GF this weekend if I could make time to get over. He was born in Western General and has always had a soft spot for the Doggies. I told him to find a doggies supporting kid that really wanted to go to the game and take him as I couldn't justify the expense for myself.
It is awesome seeing everyone come out of the woodwork supporting the doggies and I just want to say thanks :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've even seen Sydney supporters say stuff like they won't be to upset if they lose because it's against the dogs...
FFS it's a GF people need to get angry and stop with this so brave stuff.
I've been nice to one Norf supporter already today. That's my quota for the whole year. So...piss off.

EDIT: Sorry Mrs Mutt, you're not included in my quota - you're a very special Norfie. :$

It's been really weird this week, after four years of being an absolute wreck by this stage of the week, that I don't feel that now. Tomorrow when it's a few minutes before the bounce, the sirens are blaring and the music pumping at the G, almost in tune with my shaking legs and nervous energy. I swear it's what has given me all of my grey hairs.

What's made this week enjoyable though is knowing that Doggies fans will have been able to revel in all of what grand final week provides. Excitement, nerves, hope, dread, wonderment. It's an absolute roller coaster, which I hope you've all enjoyed.

I think the vast, vast majority of neutrals are on your side - and I'm happy to be on the bandwagon tomorrow. I think I'll be almost as nervous for Doggies fans as I was the last few years.

All the best, Doggies, hopefully tomorrow is an absolute belter of a memorable day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Non-Bulldogs fans who will be Bulldogs fans this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back