Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I watch North and think about that guy Snake Baker. I wonder what he's up to since his perma-ban, and what he'd make of our sides relative position.

He was so sure Geelong were about to be the worst side in history any minute and that North would be back inside the 8 in 50 or so games.

Hope he's in a healthy space

Sometimes I watch North and think about that guy Snake Baker. I wonder what he's up to since his perma-ban, and what he'd make of our sides relative position.

He was so sure Geelong were about to be the worst side in history any minute and that North would be back inside the 8 in 50 or so games.

If Teflon_Nutjob is not in a straightjacket, he probably should be.

Our supporters forget very quickly how mediocre we are when the finals start.
I reckon every other team that slips into the eight would pray they face us in week 1.
Yeah, but I don't see the point in being miserable all season. It's footy. I like to buy into some optimism. Enjoy the highs during the h and A and hope for the best in finals.

Yeah, but I don't see the point in being miserable all season. It's footy. I like to buy into some optimism. Enjoy the highs during the h and A and hope for the best in finals.

This is EXACTLY how I'm riding through 2022. Enjoying the wins - especially ones like against Pies and Dogs - and not get too over-the-top about the losses (though was hard to do with the Hawks) and then whatever happens come finals, happens.

He was responsible for one of my favourite ever BigFooty posts a few years ago after we beat North by 30-40 points at Marvel one week.

He posted an extremely detailed analysis of why the majority of Geelong goals were scored illegally and should not have counted, and how North were actually the moral victors and if the sport had any integrity they should have won by several goals.

If it was intended as satire it was perfect.

He was responsible for one of my favourite ever BigFooty posts a few years ago after we beat North by 30-40 points at Marvel one week.

He posted an extremely detailed analysis of why the majority of Geelong goals were scored illegally and should not have counted, and how North were actually the moral victors and if the sport had any integrity they should have won by several goals.

If it was intended as satire it was perfect.
I like his obsession with me after I had him board banned from here …very very salty that one and a massive two face snake as it were

Let’s just never make the finals again and that should allay your concerns. 👍
would still find something to be a wet blanket about

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we were all an important part of his life
that’s just sad and i don’t know if we should be laughing or if they should be committed for their mental health.

i don’t believe in kicking people when they’re down

Teffy's still around, think I saw him on twitter recently. A true BF icon.

I feel like this person might be before my time
No Snake been around for a long time under many different accounts …much like yours truly ….my favourite nemory is his bay thread many many many years ago when his mate picked up a bird from the Caulfield cup and he gave a run by account of what was happening …..not to mention his prison stories

Ah so many to pick

In the Mid 70s - he actually had 1 year playing with Geel - Phil " Snake " Baker

He was a bit similar to Brett Spinks - didnt happen often - but when their marks stuck - they really stuck

Then he re joined Nth Melb - and to this day i reckon he was involved in one of the worst incidents ever - would probably get suspended for a season i reckon today if he did it

There was a game at Arden St - and Baker was at FB - and Robert Walls for Carlton was playing CHF - and Carlton kicked the ball into the forward line - and the Blues might have been kicking into the wind - so the ball is up high in the air and holding up a bit in the breeze - and Robert Walls is running towards the Carlton goal - with his eyes on the ball - following the flight of the ball - and Baker is at FB - and came out from the other direction like a train - with basically one objective to hit Walls in the head as hard as he could - and thats what he did - Walls ended up in an ambulance - to hospital

Youd have to have alot of dirt in the system to do what he did - and the ramifications could have been a hell of alot worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back