Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding it difficult to surmise who out of the Bulldogs, Demons and Port Adelaide is the biggest threat this year. All three look decent although they all have areas where I'm a bit sceptical of them.

A REMORSEFUL Tom Hawkins will miss Geelong's blockbuster round eight clash against Collingwood after the AFL Tribunal suspended him for one match on Tuesday evening for intentionally making contact with an umpire.

Don't panic, this is old.
But can we be forgiven for thinking that Hawkins is the whipping boy for the AFL.He got a week, Sulky 'good boy' Neale is only fined.

Except for the fact the last two times he's gotten off.

I'm finding it difficult to surmise who out of the Bulldogs, Demons and Port Adelaide is the biggest threat this year. All three look decent although they all have areas where I'm a bit sceptical of them.
It can all fall apart. Look at the Cats in 2019. Hit the halfway mark of the season on top and winning every game, IIRC. Then it all fell to pieces after the bye. It's a long season, so beware of the hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Melb are the only side who can beat Rich come the finals

I still think PA are suspect - im not sold on Footscray - they took an eternity to beat West Coast in Melbourne - and looked gone quite a few times in that game - that isnt flash form

Geel - well i would have given the Cats no chance - however Cameron ( and i now he is only one player ) but he changes the dynamics of that forward line totally - and he makes Hawkins look so blooody slow

Richmonds biggest problem is qualifying - they are vulnerable at the moment with injuries - and concussion to Martin - and theve got Dogs and Cats next 2 games

If Rich do get top 4 - and all teams have their best players available - i think it will a Melb v Rich GF - and there might be a changing of the guard .

The quarter is 20 minutes of play ... and coaches are complaining that the quarter is getting past 30 minutes has an affect on injuries

Can someone explain how the length of game time is change by adding time to the total. TimeOn is non play.. It is still 20 minutes of play... so how does anyone get injured in time on?

Id love for them to give examples... show when all these injuries have happened in the time on period. Show them happening late in quarters. I cant make sense of the complaint.

Last edited:
Is this a betting tactic to draw more people onto the Dees bandwagon and essentially create a bigger pool of money for Sportsbet?
Sportsbet do it all the time. Hardly anyone cashes out.
It makes people feel like they're a betting genius and they pump more money in.
Just good business
Nah, it’s just marketing.

Spazz is half right in that for every $1 they pay out they expect to retain a certain % through future losing bets, but paying out is always worse than keeping the stake.

Backs up what I've been saying the last few weeks. By most metrics 2021 is very similar to 2019.
Is Sydney a good example though? Young list, handful of elite talent that haven't been in great form for a few years, they had the new season bounce but have returned to their norm. I was surprised how well Sydney started the year, they are performing as expected the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back