Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The first set of stats is following our clash with Sydney, and then updated a week later after their win over Adelaide

They've been slow starters across the season - they dominate quarters 2 & 3 though, plus rarely beaten in the last

Don't rule them out of extending their winning streak just yet

Difference between the best and the best we have to offer.
Bont has 8 clearances just after QT. Our blokes struggle to get to 8 by FT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think is our best midfield setup?
Conway Dangerfield Holmes
Guthrie Bruhn Dempsey

Pretty weak tbh.
He’s the best player in the game playing against the worst team
Excuses do not wash with me, that crap falls on deaf ears.

I'll criticise our shit midfielders until they improve or are replaced with better players. And with Blicavs, Atkins, Bowes I hope it is the latter, and soon.

Conway Dangerfield Holmes
Guthrie Bruhn Dempsey

Pretty weak tbh.

Excuses do not wash with me, that crap falls on deaf ears.

I'll criticise our shit midfielders until they improve or are replaced with better players. And with Blicavs, Atkins, Bowes I hope it is the latter, and soon.
Not excuses, reasons.

Too old & too young. It's pretty simple, and we haven't had access to a Daicos, Sheezel, or Reid to make the latter irrelevant.

Whinging about it constantly doesn't do anything. October & November are not far away and we'll look to rectify it when that time comes.

Until then, this is what we've got and there's nothing we can do.

If we had a prime Dangerfield, Selwood, & Guthrie in there and were performing like this then I'd be on board with you 100%. That would be unacceptable.

Unfortunately, we don't...and we have to live with that until we get the opportunity to do something about it in the trade/draft periods.

Like anything, expectations change when the circumstances change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back