Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Port in all sorts, not helped by naming a very tall forward line, if that transpires as on paper. I've replayed our game a number of times, and it should be remembered it took us until 9 mins to go in the second quarter to shake them off. We forged ahead then, played like champions- especially defending their advances, but there was some luck involved.

I might be the rarity here, but I think they are a better and more hardened team than Hawthorn, and should improve on what they showed us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port in all sorts, not helped by naming a very tall forward line, if that transpires as on paper. I've replayed our game a number of times, and it should be remembered it took us until 9 mins to go in the second quarter to shake them off. We forged ahead then, played like champions- especially defending their advances, but there was some luck involved.

I might be the rarity here, but I think they are a better and more hardened team than Hawthorn, and should improve on what they showed us.
I reckon they see the same thing Brenton Sanderson was talking about with whately on SEN. Take away their pressure with marking around the ground and make them do unrewarded running.

Could backfire but they don't have many other bullets to chamber here

I reckon they see the same thing Brenton Sanderson was talking about with whately on SEN. Take away their pressure with marking around the ground and make them do unrewarded running.

Could backfire but they don't have many other bullets to chamber here

They've been destabilised with their outs and not much in reserve, spinning in Sinn at this stage (who I thought they'd play last week) and a debilitated Marshall is really last gasp. They could send Sav back, rather than play him alongside Georgiadis and snail Dixon, but either end he hasn't got much touch. We turned their defence to water with nippy play, too slow.
Watch them turn Kenny into mince meat if they end up playing too tall, but you'd have to think Butters and Wines and JHF will feed them, and be a class above Hawthorn.

Playing Dixon is ridiculous.
That backline of Hawthorn's is pretty agile. Marshall, Georgiades, Dixon, Ratugolea.

Hinkley's a poor man's Buckley.

Yes it looks like witches hats but they've got nothing else. Marshall can be nippy at his best, but far call.
They'll have to depend on Rozee et al. and I still think their midfield could play well.

Not to be smug, but thank the footy Gods we've got an overabundance at selection. Not sure about Oisin's foot, and Rohan's surgery, but relatively injury free compared to last year. Plus we know how to build.

That backline of Hawthorn's is pretty agile. Marshall, Georgiades, Dixon, Ratugolea.

If it was us you would be expecting Dixon as a late out. Looking at their emergencies though, it is pretty grim. Thankfully we got the draft pick for Sav instead of Ollie Lord. If he can't get a game ahead of Dixon......

You seen what he tried to do to Blitz he will be used to try and un nerve the Hawk backline,he offers little else dear I say it spud.

There is a lot of foreboding around the office at the moment. Situation feels dire
Yep- it’d take a pretty heroic effort I think after last week’s debacle and all the injuries. Apart from everything else, you need bit of luck to win a flag, and that seems to have deserted them. I feel a bit sorry for them-sorry to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back