Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought mitchells response in his presser was very fair. You can tell hes seething with ken but he held it together.
He needs to settle down, I felt he was overly aggressive and seething.

He supports his team having showmanship and gets annoyed at a coach having a go at one of his players. Own it, he can be angry at Ken but he needs to own their shitstirring, right now their reaction is weak, it’s like the big jock who laughs at everyone but gets upset when someone gives it back to them.

I'm not sure why you're so wound up at about it.
Inappropriate? Probably.

But they weren't at a funeral.
And I'm with you that it was still going on while they did the chair off.

And mate. You dont remember Scott walking through a group of players finger pointing and being aggressive in a game?
I’m not worked up I’m just suprised that people just accept that was a acceptable act from a coach to start a sledging match when the game is over and everyone is celebrating the chairing off a player

You can play whataboutisn all you like I’m rather just focus on the event being talked about but you do you when the deflection

Mitchell's post-match is worth a watch, putting Hawthorn biases aside (and the concept of hypocrisy with regard to Mitchell himself).

At the end of the day, a 60 year old man Hinkley shouldn't be goading a 21 year old opposition player. There's not much a young opposition player can do (non-physically) that warrants the behaviour - especially considering Ken's team won.
It's all about timing. Given they have to do these pressers in the heat of the moment, what would you expect him to say.
What Ken said seemed very benign, and truthful, and apt from where we sit.

Mitchell's post-match is worth a watch, putting Hawthorn biases aside (and the concept of hypocrisy with regard to Mitchell himself).

At the end of the day, a 60 year old man Hinkley shouldn't be goading a 21 year old opposition player. There's not much a young opposition player can do (non-physically) that warrants the behaviour - especially considering Ken's team won.

Was Mitchell right there and saw who started what or did Ginnivan have a sook to him.

I wouldn't believe Mitchell in a fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is worse. You wait until after a guard of honour for something like that. Do better ken.
He owes the sooking diving sucking cheats nothing.

Why would you want to be on the wrong side of this? Laughable.

I thought mitchells response in his presser was very fair. You can tell hes seething with ken but he held it together.
Watching it now. Look at his hands locked together. Yeah, he wants to punch a wall. He's swalllowing it though. Objectively he has a LOT to be proud of this year.

He needs to settle down, I felt he was overly aggressive and seething.

He supports his team having showmanship and gets annoyed at a coach having a go at one of his players. Own it, he can be angry at Ken but he needs to own their shitstirring, right now their reaction is weak, it’s like the big jock who laughs at everyone but gets upset when someone gives it back to them.

On this ocassion i agree with him.
As much as the hawks young guys need to check their attitude ken is older and has a responsibility to carry himself better. To not walk away from that in a moment that was about a universally admired player across the league like breust is just no good.
But like i said ken has been immature many times before we have seen his carry on before. Its disappointing but no surprise.

Is anyone surprised by this

And that's why they're unlikely to be successful (Adelaide either).

The time of "old school footy clubs", tough love etc are gone. Young players generally don't respond well to it. Similarly in regular organisations.

That's why Hawthorn were able to turn it around quickly. We laugh at "dabbing stereo" and the goal celebrations and the "loose" culture, but it works.

Adelaide absolutely hung Rachele out to dry for a pretty tame bit of fan interaction - it's shithouse culture.

Was Mitchell right there and saw who started what or did Ginnivan have a sook to him.

I wouldn't believe Mitchell in a fit.
Not too sure if it really matters the game was well over and everyone forming a guard for Bruest

Was it really necessary to respond ? Wasn’t the win enough? Made even worse that Kenny admitted that he started it with roaming Brian

It was byplay, Ken wasn’t aggressive in his delivery, Ginnivan is a 21 year old man, he knows what he does and it’s good fun, but he has to learn to take it and laugh it off if he’s going to put it out there. And Sicily should’ve said one thing and left it or put his arm around Ginnivan.

Honestly, just grateful we support the Cats, a mature team who play the game as it should be played and have a coach that is always level headed and mature in press conferences

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back