Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Syd forward line remains to be their biggest weakness imo
Why do you think that? Not arguing, interested. Sydney defeated Port by six goals.
Sydney appeared to defeat Port easily, yet we excoriated Port’s backs. Won by 84 points.
Will our back line be better than Port, or more crucially, will our forwards be better?
Again, not arguing, interested.

Esava just has no confidence to win the ball himself. So many times tonight he was just ball watching or “shepherding” for another teammate or just spudding it up.

I’ve always been hard on Esava when he was a Cat. Sure, he’s a nice guy, but you don’t want nice guys across the white line - you want hard-nosed competitors. Tonight hasn’t changed my view on him. Aliir battled alone tonight.

Watching the game, I just couldn’t stop thinking that any team with Sav, Narkle, and present-day Dixon just isn’t a premiership team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's how Hawkins would look if we were to play him now.
Hawkins would look slightly better. Selwood probably the same over Boak with a couple of training sessions. I even think Ronnie Burns would’ve outshone Narkle out there tonight. Levels.

Hawkins would look slightly better. Selwood probably the same over Boak with a couple of training sessions. I even think Ronnie Burns would’ve outshone Narkle out there tonight. Levels.

Even Kent Kingsley would out do Dixon.
Even Brent spinx would go ok tonight.

Listen to you Ralphy. It might be Brisbane for all we know, who hold no qualms for them. If you're talking about Cats, we would be just as likely to have confidence we can thrash them again. Breathing fire does not equal talent or supersede the GF motivation of the other team.

Don't use a word than people suffer from. Another Port flog without the empathy or forethought to better express himself.

Cancer has multiple meanings though and I take his use of cancer as it’s alternate meaning - “an evil or dangerous thing that spreads quickly”, and it’s often used to describe violence, gambling etc but in this case it’s about an individual who has been seen as being more focused about what Port can do for their ego rather than what they can do to further Port

It may be an extreme use of the word in describing David Koch in that manner, but there does seem to be an underlying issue at Port and it runs deeper than just Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back