Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Suns have one of the best lists going around
Talent wise maybe but making use of those talents?? they constantly underperform... Now if that is purely on the players or the coaching group we will never know but the fact this trend has been happening through multiple coaches and is still happening tell me the players just aren't making use of the talents they possess.

Also i think Hardwick is overrated as a coach.

Chris Scott (Geelong)​

Cummings: 8.5

Gossage: 9

“Two flags, 70 per cent winning record, he’s a star.”

Okay cool. Very close to a 10/10 tenure.

Michael Voss (Carlton)​

“Picked up rabble and weathered a horrible storm last year when they (critics) were all going berserk again.”

Gossage: 8

“Outstanding. They’re the real deal.”

Confusion Reaction GIF

In the 8 all 2022 only to lose a finals place with a minute to go in the season.
Make a prelim in 2023.

Scotty Cummings struggling with indigestion thinking of that rating.

Vossy has a higher combined rating that Longmire (1 flag 4 GFs). Fagan (1GF). Goodwin (1 flag). Beveridge (1 flag). Simpson (1 flag).

It don't add up son...

Talent wise maybe but making use of those talents?? they constantly underperform... Now if that is purely on the players or the coaching group we will never know but the fact this trend has been happening through multiple coaches and is still happening tell me the players just aren't making use of the talents they possess.

Also i think Hardwick is overrated as a coach.
Yeah but the question is talent not application so my opinion stands

Isaac Heeney has been suspended.
**** you Jon Ralph :mad:

ACL for Lewis

So many ACL injuries this year and yet we are one of the fortunate ones who have avoided it.

I know Morrison had 2 ACL injuries in our AFLW team, but outside of that I can't think of any within the last 5 years.

Maybe Narkle back in 2017 was the last one?

Rankin just copped a lazy 4 weeks for a "head clash" bump.

We play the Crows in 4 games.

I guess if the 4 weeks sticks... It's handy.

I just saw the replay of this. Surely gets at least 3 weeks - that's what Danger got back in 2021 bumping a Crows player and getting the head, and that was much more "in the play" than this.

ACL for Lewis

So many ACL injuries this year and yet we are one of the fortunate ones who have avoided it.

I know Morrison had 2 ACL injuries in our AFLW team, but outside of that I can't think of any within the last 5 years.

We used up our Quota solely on Menzel. He had an absolutely wretched run and looked to be a star.

Chris Scott (Geelong)​

Michael Voss (Carlton)​

“Picked up rabble and weathered a horrible storm last year when they (critics) were all going berserk again.”

Confusion Reaction GIF

In the 8 all 2022 only to lose a finals place with a minute to go in the season.
Make a prelim in 2023.

Vossy has a higher combined rating that Longmire (1 flag 4 GFs). Fagan (1GF). Goodwin (1 flag). Beveridge (1 flag). Simpson (1 flag).

It don't add up son...
Only about 12 months ago voss "had the full backing of the board"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ACL for Lewis

And now you go jinx us

That's dire. Did he put mayo on That? Looks forceful though.

Just lit a candle for Heeney to appeal :)

Following the bump, both players were taken to their respective benches for assessment and while Rankine played on, Starcevich was subbed out with concussion - so don't think there's any mayo on that

And here's a closer view of the Heeney back hander

Chris Scott (Geelong)​

Michael Voss (Carlton)​

Confusion Reaction GIF

Make a prelim in 2023.

It don't add up son...
He had McCrae higher than Scott. No disrespect to McCrae he’s been awesome in his 2.5 years at the Pies but Chris Scott’s consistency over 14 years makes him objectively the best coach in the AFL with Longmire second. Clarkson and Hardwick are obviously excellent coaches but both couldn’t keep their teams contending and abandoned ship.

Liam Jones ruled out for at least two weeks, meaning he won’t play against us.

In related news, Jeremy Cameron will sleep well tonight.

No Cameron, Mihocek, Quaynor (poss).
No Jones.
No Rankine

Simpsons Flood GIF

On the news they suggested a month for Jones

1720433920980.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back