GWS
Dogs
Port
GC
Collingwood

Basically everyone we are competing with for a top 4/8 spot :(

With GC up there, Dees could legit not win another game

Last edited:

I've seen some put a level of blame on Starcevich for that bump due to lack of awareness and he should have been prepared for it

The ball wasn't even in play for heaven's sake - sorry but there's only one player responsible for the outcome of that bump, and it's the guy currently looking at 4 weeks on the sidelines
Probably the same muppets on the Hawthorn board who are somehow blaming Kolo for Lewis’s unfortunate injury.

Interesting that the Eagles gave him the boot so soon after a flag, while Port and the Dogs persist with their "troubled" leaders.

I suppose being absolutely welded to the bottom 4 helps, but things were looking up.

Bit of a stretch, but can Geelong claim Simpson's scalp? Seems the Tim Kelly trade was the first domino in his downfall :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Dean Cox ever put his hand up for a senior gig? WC legend and has been under the tutelage of Horse Longmire in a fantastic football program.

Has Dean Cox ever put his hand up for a senior gig? WC legend and has been under the tutelage of Horse Longmire in a fantastic football program.
Golden boy returning would be a bit of media push for that narrative to happen, not sure if that’s the kind of pressure he would want for a first senior coaching postition

Likely is about it. It's all hot air and supposition, with no direct quote from Tom at all. Guessing at Bailey Smith. He thinks Smith would fit well, but it's accompanied by sledging the Government funding our stadium. Ralph assumes a lot of things, while having an each way bet, with clearly no evidence to reveal anything we don't already know. So an opinionated puff piece, like all his reporting.
It's his job lol. They get paid to put out articles and create conversation, and yes, they arent held to account if they are wrong.

I saw Tom wandering around today and he was limping, but he wasnt wearing a moon boot and wasnt using crutches. He was just putting weight on it.

And yes, it's not just Ralph, but alot of non-Geelong people are not pleased with money coming into our stadium - so Ralph stoking that fire is probably not a bad thing in terms of clicks and conversation.

I thought Simpson was a terrible leader during COVID. He was a walking excuse maker and that attitude permeated within the playing group. Compare / contrast with CS and Geelong's older players. The cumulative travel puts a load on the older Eagles players no doubt but I would argue the lack of professionalism, seeped down from the coach, contributed to the lack of commitment within the senior players which feeds into the lack of conditioning which feeds into older players getting injured. I would have sacked him 2 years ago to get a fresh voice in there to spark up the older players. Now that they stuck fat for 2 years and appear to be coming out the other end, it is a weird time to finally sack him IMO.

Who would be on the short list for coaches these days? Would be an rookie most likely ?
What a cluster f*** of a Press Conference :(
Pyke comes out and says Simpson will coach his last game this weekend , Simpson corrects him and says that hasn't been finalised as yet....
Que the Benny Hill music - oh how the mighty have fallen.

I thought Simpson was a terrible leader during COVID. He was a walking excuse maker and that attitude permeated within the playing group. Compare / contrast with CS and Geelong's older players. The cumulative travel puts a load on the older Eagles players no doubt but I would argue the lack of professionalism, seeped down from the coach, contributed to the lack of commitment within the senior players which feeds into the lack of conditioning which feeds into older players getting injured. I would have sacked him 2 years ago to get a fresh voice in there to spark up the older players. Now that they stuck fat for 2 years and appear to be coming out the other end, it is a weird time to finally sack him IMO.
In contrast our coach coached the club for free that year to ensure other staff members didn't lose their jobs.

Does anyone else find it strange that this never gets mentioned by the media? Lord knows if Craig Mcrae did that it would be mentioned every time he came on TV.

What a cluster f*** of a Press Conference :(
Pyke comes out and says Simpson will coach his last game this weekend , Simpson corrects him and says that hasn't been finalised as yet....
Que the Benny Hill music - oh how the mighty have fallen.
Must be doing wonders for the player’s confidence in the organisation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back