Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the idea is

"**** the Saints. They deserve everything they get for re-hiring Lyon after he walked out on them for Fremantle and then sacking Ratten just a couple of months after he signed a 2-year extension"

So sign him for a further 10 years and continue to suffer

I'm with you. There are personal stories I'm aware of and was astounded they re hired him, and in nasty circumstances too. He made a big show of saying he'd changed with the times.
You'd never know it by his surly box behaviour. He's done F all except make sure Stengle avoided them.

Tuggers home game...

At the G

Vs a Top 8 aspirant.

And more ****ing sea gulls than Richmind bandwagoners.

17 Tuggers there.... matches their ladder position

GO Catters

Lyon really has a strange view of himself. He got a call from Geelong in late 2021 to be part of the coaching team - as a consultant- and he said no. He met with CS and gave his thoughts on the game. Geelong went off and won the premiership in 2022. Lyon felt like he had some nous/insight from being marginally associated with the Cats. So he coaches again… but unfortunately, it takes more than that stroke of the ego to actually be a good coach. You need a good list, you need a good club backing you, you need a patient fan base, you need strong finances as a club, you need good assistants, you need the right game plan and so on.

You need an empathetic personality that's not mired in 1954.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North might have dodged a bullet with JHF.

Can really play but so selfish and absolutely no leadership.

Good enough to command a big salary, but not someone you can build a team around.

Seems like a perfect Port Adelaide player.
Is that on the player or the culture and development of the clubs he has been exposed to?

Is that on the player or the culture and development of the clubs he has been exposed to?
It is a cop out to blame the club.

If he has any professional pride he takes ownership of his behaviour and conduct.

Put it this way - jimmy Bartel or James Kelly or Joel Corey would never do some of the dumb shit JHF does regardless of the club they played for.

It is totally on the player.

In this case i think it is a little of both Port have a knack for developing flogs but i think no matter where JHF was he would have been a flog
I don’t buy that.

He needs to take responsibility for his conduct. He put himself before his club a number times today. And that is 100% on him.

Holy shit just checked that place if ****ing empty

Can you say bandwagoners
theres more letters in bandwagoners than Tigger supporters at their home game.

GO CAtters

So, umm the GWS banner - is this a dig at Richmond, Dusty or GC?

I love it how GWS have created an identity for themselves. In a league full of boring conformists, they have decided to be the shitstirrers and fully owned it.

It is really smart - they would be anonymous if they just tried to be like every other club (see GC as a prime example).

I love it how GWS have created an identity for themselves. In a league full of boring conformists, they have decided to be the shitstirrers and fully owned it.

It is really smart - they would be anonymous if they just tried to be like every other club (see GC as a prime example).

Yep

And when teams try to take them on at their own game, they're just made to look silly as GWS will always come out on top

They've shown a humility where they'll take the piss out of themselves, own their mistakes & losses - so you can't really use any of that against them

And not sure about others, but it's a reason why i find it hard to hate them outside of when they face off against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back