Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

How good to see Lingy, Sel and Darcy at the desk on7

Even better to see Ling listed as 3 x Premiership player, Selwood as 4 x Permiership player....

,,,,,,, and Darcy as 1 x All Australian.

GO catters

How good to see Lingy, Sel and Darcy at the desk on7

Even better to see Ling listed as 3 x Premiership player, Selwood as 4 x Permiership player....

,,,,,,, and Darcy as 1 x All Australian.

GO catters

Lingy has got it alot better on the ABC Radio on that pre game Sunday morning/lunchtime football review/preview show

Just before they wind up the show Ling gives his 1 overall comment re a team or where the competition sits etc , and the intro is they have the audio from the 11 GF , heres the Premiership Cup to Geel captain Cameron Ling , then they have 3 clips from 3 players , who was your hardest opponent , id say Cameron Ling , Cameron Ling , Cameron Ling , then they go to Lingy , and Lingy is allways laughing and says i absolutely love that intro , then he gives his comment

WTF happened to have that much umpire contact

I know right

I'm curious if there was more umpire contact in that match than we've had the rest of the season

Ross as a human being i cant comment on.

But as a coach hes a very good coach their list is just a mismanaged car crash. If i was st kilda id be more worried about that than who the coach is. No wonder they got dalrympyle in.

Problem is he's a very good coach in a certain situation/type of list. Both in list capability and maturity. St Kilda (and Lyon) misread where they are at. Could well be stuffed even worse than they have been and for a very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, umm the GWS banner - is this a dig at Richmond, Dusty or GC?

Love it, suggesting Dusty is off to the Suns to wind up Dusty, Richmond and their ferals.

Just one. Charlie Cameron is a really, really good bloke.

Surely that's the only thing that actually matters here?
If that was Hawkins he would get 10 weeks.

He should be suspended.

He continues the momentum of the front on tackle to forcibly push his opponent backwards and drive his head into the ground with no attempt to reduce the momentum.

The action left his opponent completely defenseless, and there was no attempt to minimise the impact.

Brisbane star Charlie Cameron seems certain to be suspended for at least three weeks for the dumping tackle that concussed West Coast’s Liam Duggan, as the league debates the legality of Toby Bedford’s dumping tackle on Tiger midfielder Tim Taranto.

Cameron’s coach Chris Fagan came to his defence after the Lions’ victory as he cited the lack of remonstration from Eagles teammates after the tackle.

But Cameron clearly wrapped up both of Duggan’s arms and then took four or five steps before driving him into the ground. He ended up falling on top of Duggan as he drove him to the ground, with the Eagles utility concussed for the second time since June.

The AFL looks at two factors - excessive force, and whether the player is in a vulnerable position - when it judges dangerous tackles.

Cameron is likely to have ticked both boxes for MRO boss Michael Christian, which means he would be guilty of a careless act which has to be assessed as severe force given Duggan’s concussion. It means Cameron, let off from suspension earlier this year after the tribunal assessed him as having a good record, would miss games against Sydney at home, Gold Coast away and St Kilda away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back