16. Port Adel (TIO) - Sat night
  17. Fremantle (Etihad) - Sun arvo
  18. North Melb (Etihad) - Sun arvo
  19. Adelaide (AAMI) - Sun twilight
  20. Geelong (Etihad) - Sat night
  21. Sydney Swans (SCG) - Sat night
  22. Essendon (Etihad) - TBC

Good draw for us

Play teams we beat often twice (Brisbane, Essendon, Collingwood, Hawks) 5 friday night games
Only 1 game each against saints and cats
6 intersate trips (2 as home)
Once each to Adelaide and Perth (with split round break after Perth game to recover)
Play teams we struggle against once (Carlton and West Coast).

Only real negative I see is would have preferred a few more MCG games and a few more saturdays instead of Sundays but best draw we have had in years.

Crucially we only play St Kilda and Geelong once. This is an excellent draw for the team - although not excellent for the fans.

This time last year we would have been happy to play the Saints 3 times..... (incl. finals) A lot can change in 12 months....

This time last year we would have been happy to play the Saints 3 times..... (incl. finals) A lot can change in 12 months....

No doubt, but we can only judge from the position we are in now. It looks like a decent draw - also one that suggests they expect us to be top four again.

Between Rnd 6 and Rnd 17 we have only 1 home game in Melbourne, that's 1 home game in 85 days.
That's a long time.

It funny how we vs Collingwood, Hawthorn, Brisbane, Adelaide and North Melb twice before we even face Geelong :p.

Overal i am fairly happy with the fixture. Looking forward to the Sydney game in round 8 :D.

On paper, appears to be a relatively good draw from the club.

From a personal perpspective, I am disappointed with the lack of games at the MCG as an MCC member.

all i can say is......RIPPA!!

its a very good draw for the club next year. Maybe not the fans, but 2010 is going to be some year i predict.

10 Sunday matches including five Sunday twilights. Why????:mad:

Twighlight games are by far the worst! It's only for TV purposes!
Try using public transport after a twighlight game with the Sunday time table...1 train per hour!! Forget it!:mad::mad::mad:
The last twighlight game I went to, Southern Cross station looked like the final scene out of 'Crocodile Dundee'....wall to wall people fighting like a 3rd world country to get on a train.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fantastic draw for us, Geelong and St Kilda once.

Finally some media exposure - 9 games on channel 7 and 4 on channel 10. Club must be rapt, very important when trying to gain young "new" supporters.

Hi guys and girls.

I've updated my fixture builder with the 2010 dates.

It builds CSV, iCal and PDF fixtures to import into Outlook/Thunderbird/Google Calendar/etc. Obviously the PDF is for printing!

You can customise your calendars, set reminders, categories, etc.

I have also built iCal (ics) calendars you can subscribe to, which will be updated with scores etc. once the season has started.

To create a customised calendar, go to: http://www.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?start=2010&end=2010&type=ha&code=afl

and to subscribe to 2010 calendars, go to: http://offsite.thismonkey.com/fixtures/afl/calendars/aus/2010/index.html

Please leave feedback if you like it, hate it, or think it needs improvement.

(You can find other football codes at http://www.thismonkey.com)

Thanks,
Go Pies,
Scott

Other than the Round 7 game against Melbourne, which other game is likely to be a replacement game?
Our two other MCG games are against good drawing teams so I have no idea. The options would have to be Rd 2 v Richmond at the MCG, Rd 9 v Nth Melbourne at Docklands or Rd 14 vs Hawthorn at MCG. It's a difficult situation.

I reckon it's only a so-so draw for us. Sure we don't play Geelong & StKilda twice but we play every other team in the 2009 finals twice ... except for Carlton. The only other teams we play twice are Hawthorn who will be right up there you'd think, and North and Sydney.
Yes we beat North twice in 2009 but we really struggled both times and they have had the wood on us prior to that. Sydney we play twice but they are almost like two away games because Sydney play all the time at Manuka (although we've done well against them at Manuka in recent years).

Would have loved to play Richmond twice!

Had hoped we could get a game at Skilled but can't see the AFL approving that, especially with new Etihad deal just struck. At least I'll get to see one game live (Manuka) and maybe I can map out a few trips to Melbourne.

Good TV coverage and more Fridays are positives.
Too many Sundays (esp twilight) and 2 games interstate in the last 4 rounds are negatives.
R22 on a Friday is also good... means a good break going into the first week of the finals.

R22 on a Friday is also good... means a good break going into the first week of the finals.

Taken from AFL website:

'The dates and times of matches in Round 22 will be announced by the AFL during the 2010 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.'

At present all games are set down for Friday 27th Aug at 12.00am.

Taken from AFL website:

'The dates and times of matches in Round 22 will be announced by the AFL during the 2010 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.'

At present all games are set down for Friday 27th Aug at 12.00am.

yep saw that I am not going to buy a membership now

We all know what happens at 12.00 am on Fridays

SBS famous movies :)

[/I]At present all games are set down for Friday 27th Aug at 12.00am.

Would rather play at this time than Sunday twlight games.

Good fixture, two tough patches at either end of the season, but a real opportunity to string some wins together in the middle of the season.

It's going to be tough getting a train home after that midnight timeslot though!!!! :D

I would much rather be playing Sydney in Victoria (Geelong or Etihad) than Canberra. We haven't played them in a H&A game in Melbourne since 1998. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

OFFICIAL: Bulldogs 2010 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back