Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude....but a massive well done on getting Boyd. Losing Griffen, even if he is a good midfielder only has a couple of good years left. Boyd thou has another 11 years in him and is a very very good talent and exactly what you guys needed. Your midfield can cover Griffen no worries at all. A good job well done on a perceived risk........but I think it will make you guys into a very good team in future.
Intrusion welcomed..thanks mate

As a fellow non power club, that has had a number of annual end of seasons problems, I have sympathised with your end of seasons dramas.

But today you have gone from pauper to prince. Honestly thought you had zero chance of securing Boyd and might lose Griffin for very little. An incredible result and of course would have preferred him at St Kilda, but very pleased that you secured him. Huge risks, can bring huge rewards. Hope it works out for you.

Huge huge huge day for the club.

I do think we've come out with an outcome that wouldn't please an accountant in many ways.

Pick 4 and 6 and something surely would've been a better hand in the off season, on paper a better outcome. BUT the members don't give a s*** about that. The members care about the club losing it's captain and coach and whimpering it's way to the draft on the same old party line of "one day"

This, however, was a STATEMENT. Take our captain, and we'll give you a whack you don't want. We will slap you in the face and embarrass you in public. We made their CEO into a liar/gymnast.

As a club we walk out with a new, marketable face, a clear enemy a galvanised supporter base and a combination of this drafts two best kpfs anyway.

Great day to be a dog I'll remember for a while yet. With a history like ours a risk like this is worth it for the potential gain.

Good clubs pay overs now and then. Hawthorn in 2001 and every year since 08, Geelong this year and now us. Because we are bold bulldogs
I'm actually a pretty chipper bean counter right now ... boy oh boy wow wee!!

Lads I regulary read but rarely post. I am tonight. Well done to Gordo and JMac (might now be able to refer to him as Mac). A long week in football politics, from the despair of last Thursday, to today's joy.

It was a good, good day brother. Against huge odds Gordon and McCartney have resurrected our dignity and landed the key forward we've longed for since Simon Beasley. Enjoy! I am. :p:p:p

I'm happy the trade worked out, can't help but feel a bit disappointed we didn't get another player along with giving up a pick that could of got us a KPD.

With this news, I hope Jones will stay. He would go from having two opponents to beat to just one & be back in the fold as a crucial part of the forward line. Same with Crameri who will hopefully be off the leash a bit more

Probably been said a million times.

Suss trade. just passable.
Ridiculous contract. Just madness. Could be a massive handbrake for you guys in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having seen Boyd up close regularly this year (and I mean seriously up close. You can chat to the players on the bench at neafl games), don't underestimate how big this guy is. He is freakin huge in the flesh. Massive ass. Massive shoulders. Massive thighs. Still plenty of aerobic work to do, but he is bigger than minson, and can move. Just a beast.
does he seem like a good bloke?

Probably been said a million times.

Suss trade. just passable.
Ridiculous contract. Just madness. Could be a massive handbrake for you guys in a few years.
Thanks Vinum. Should have chased Rhys Stanley instead I guess, that's where the potentials at.

Now **** off back to your own board handbagger.

Gee, he's going to be a player.

Watching those highlights, once you get past the fact that he's absolutely monstrous, there's the methodical set shot action, an ability to crash packs and take the ball at the highest point, surprising mobility when it hits the deck, and just about best of all, he walks around like the sun stops shining when he puts pants on.

Can't wait for him to be unveiled in red, white and blue.

does he seem like a good bloke?
Always smiles and says hello to my boys. Happy enough but in all honesty (and of course easy in hindsight) just never really looked like he wanted to be there......and if you've seen where they player their neafl games and how many people turn up, you'd understand why. There's literally anywhere between 50-100 people there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back