Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt do much, but didnt make a mistake when he got hold of the ball, all night. His kicking a few times in last half was very good

I was sceptical he would come on, but he has won me over this year.

Must play next week.
I thought he was very good early.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a guy that's just been thrown into an elimination final with very few games under his belt, he was very composed and played his role.

Should be seeing more of him from now on.

I am one of a number on here who had grave doubts about Sinn's ability to be a long term AFL prospect, but he did a fair bit to dispel those doubts on Friday night.

I suspect he may be one of those who performs better at the higher level with more quality around him than he did at times in what was an extremely disappointing season for the Maggies.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for what remains of the AFL season and can hit the ground running next year.

I am one of a number on here who had grave doubts about Sinn's ability to be a long term AFL prospect, but he did a fair bit to dispel those doubts on Friday night.

I suspect he may be one of those who performs better at the higher level with more quality around him than he did at times in what was an extremely disappointing season for the Maggies.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for what remains of the AFL season and can hit the ground running next year.
Listening to him speak yesterday made me realise how determined he is, how frustrated he’s been by his own injuries and how important building confidence in himself will be to the rest of his career.

I think it boils down to motivation and confidence.

He was impressive in his first internal trial match, was up an about. Then smashed with injury and that would have played a role between the ears, then when he was pulled in through the last two years he was last picked and seemed to play with fear. Playing Twos footy in a team getting pumped would play with the mind and how you rock up each week to second rate venues.

This week, there is no tomorrow and he played like it, as they broke away from the prematch address he was getting into JHF, he was celebrating tackles and 1% acts early, in the post match shot in the meeting room he was overly animated. This meant something to him and his body held up, this is the Josh Sinn we need to see week in, week out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to him speak yesterday made me realise how determined he is, how frustrated he’s been by his own injuries and how important building confidence in himself will be to the rest of his career.
Where was this?

It was his game against St Kilda where I felt that we had an AFL footballer in Sinn. Against Hawthorn he was ok and played his role. Has only played 9 games in three years on our list. I hope he plays every game next year and rewards our faith in him.
Hopefully he gets a decent run with injuries. He looks like a great fit to slot for Houston if he's out the door

He looked at home at this level. That's the foundation we need. Was composed, measured his kicks and put himself in good spots.

Remember, that was his 9th game of AFL footy.

He looked to be managed a lot off the bench, we have finished 2nd but there has definitely been missed opportunities to bleed kids throughout the year, Sinn should have played the Fremantle match in round 23. As mentioned elsewhere Lorenz should have played the North game in Tasmania at least.

He looked at home at this level. That's the foundation we need. Was composed, measured his kicks and put himself in good spots.

Remember, that was his 9th game of AFL footy.
I remember walking to AAMI bowl in the early noughties for one of those Essendon Semis we won and Russell or someone on AA saying pre game a final is worth 10 games to these kids development wise

That’s the silver lining here Evans, Sinn heck even Lorenz will get massively valuable exposure and confidence they can cut it

I think it boils down to motivation and confidence.
It boils down to confidence (and maybe his body). Motivation has never been an issue with Josh. Even pre-draft he said a few things that indicated he would love to be drafted to Port. It has been his body that hasn't let him get on the field for a run of games and that's what's needed to get real confidence.

As RangaInTeal also pointed out, his whole demeanour was confident- he really bought in and brought leadership and enthusiasm. Being confident enough to take the corridor kicks will come in time but he has the weapons (strength, pace, burst pace, sure hands, great kick) to be an A-Grader.

He's in my team next week.

It boils down to confidence (and maybe his body). Motivation has never been an issue with Josh. Even pre-draft he said a few things that indicated he would love to be drafted to Port. It has been his body that hasn't let him get on the field for a run of games and that's what's needed to get real confidence.

As RangaInTeal also pointed out, his whole demeanour was confident- he really bought in and brought leadership and enthusiasm. Being confident enough to take the corridor kicks will come in time but he has the weapons (strength, pace, burst pace, sure hands, great kick) to be an A-Grader.

He's in my team next week.
Motivation/Arousal levels

I don't see any traits that will make him an All Australian type player but he doesn't need to be. He looks like a good solid player who doesn't take a backward step and can use the ball pretty well.
Dan Houston’s first 10 games did?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back