Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

He's very happy at Port. His girlfriend moved back to Melbourne but there's a strong chance she is going to be moving back to Adelaide soon.

Port don't expect to lose him this off-season.

He's very happy at Port. His girlfriend moved back to Melbourne but there's a strong chance she is going to be moving back to Adelaide soon.

Port don't expect to lose him this off-season.

Can you post this in the Houston thread as well, just to make me feel better.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but taking age into consideration and their respective roles, I think Bergman would be much harder to replace than Houston

Completely agree.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but taking age into consideration and their respective roles, I think Bergman would be much harder to replace than Houston
And what they would be viewed as being comparatively worth as well. We would get more in trade for Houston whereas Bergman is arguably more valuable to us in the longer term.

I'm a big Berg fan.

He has a winger's tank, a great mark, great behind the ball, a great 3rd tall, can take taller opponents, powerful tackler, loves the contest, instinctual footballer, powerful kick but needs work, 6'2" in the old language and has the potential to be a big bodied midfielder like Nat Fyfe.

That's a lot of strings to his bow.

If he wants out next year, if he continues to play down back, we might squeeze out two 1st rounders out of them.

Let the exodus begin
I guess another one who can't possibly be here without ken
I tend to agree, I thought he was the glue binding players?

Or is Goldsack the problem? Both defenders?

Or do they know Ken is going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, according to Chewy316 Houston is definitely gone at season's end.
Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Down GIF

Geebus next level pants pissing but if all three players mentioned moved on heads should roll like the final frame in a 300 game at cross road bowl.

Don't care that it would mean that we would have more picks than a banjo convention to possibly get players that might be as good.

Would mean that the culture has moved from never losing a player we want to hold on to, to yeah we only care about your happiness in life and won't work through challenges.

As I said in the Houston thread. A big fu to the current custodians for allowing the culture shift that means this may actually be a possibility.

Geebus next level pants pissing but if all three players mentioned moved on heads should roll like the final frame in a 300 game at cross road bowl.

Don't care that it would mean that we would have more picks than a banjo convention to possibly get players that might be as good.

Would mean that the culture has moved from never losing a player we want to hold on to, to yeah we only care about your happiness in life and won't work through challenges.

As I said in the Houston thread. A big fu to the current custodians for allowing the culture shift that means this may actually be a possibility.
We don't know the full story but essentially at the moment Houston is going home for poontang, the poontang ain't coming over here.

I, myself, am a lover and not a fighter and I also understand the call of home as I've been away from Adelaide for a long time but man.

We don't know the full story but essentially at the moment Houston is going home for poontang, the poontang ain't coming over here.

I, myself, am a lover and not a fighter and I also understand the call of home as I've been away from Adelaide for a long time but man.

He is on what fiddybillion dollars a year ?.

Being facetious but I will never get close to what he gets a year.

You can't support two people and work around the rest?. Study an issue..work around that.... Job....we find that ....

I don't know his full story (and it might involve genuine issues re illness, genuinely family etc and in which case apologies).

But he has what 4-5 years left a couple can't do that interstate for multiple hundreds of k a year ?.

If he is going for "love" because it is easier somewhere else then we have failed. Failed to create a culture of success and true connection.

Connection not to your mate who you work with but to the fabric of the club - you know the one us mugs have been turning up to watch for one hundred and fifty years.

I want to see the Berg man given the job on Heeney tonight. Run with him in the mid field and then stand him when he goes forward.

I value Miles higher than Dan, Dan reads the play well and sets the play up from half back. But Miles is the quintessential swingman, he did a great shut down on Cameron last year and then kicked three in a quarter against GWS. I also think that he is a smart footballer who learns well and is very coachable.
If you had two players with his athletic profile you would have one playing forward & one playing back.
Certainly not a player I want to lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back