Pick 23 - Possibilities?

Remove this Banner Ad

jay kennedy would be a great get at 23 imo, gunplayer from what ive seen of him playing over the last few years

jay kennedy would be a great get at 23 imo, gunplayer from what ive seen of him playing over the last few years
Yeah his footage looked good - I think determining factor might be whether there is doubt on him being able to push up into mids or just be a small forward

hartung will be lucky to be there at 23 for us, will go before unfortunately
He had some kind of injury I think which may have pushed out a bit - but agree looks like we would need for him to slide a little to get to us if we are keen

Yeah his footage looked good - I think determining factor might be whether there is doubt on him being able to push up into mids or just be a small forward

Certainly has talent, you've hit the nail on the head though, what does he become at AFL level? Does he play the same line breaking role that he clearly did at champs, or does he become a small forward with limited scope elsewhere. Now that we've obtained Betts, I don't think we should be drafting a small forward with our first pick, apparently there's a few good prospects in that regard who will be around in the rookie draft.

Certainly has talent, you've hit the nail on the head though, what does he become at AFL level? Does he play the same line breaking role that he clearly did at champs, or does he become a small forward with limited scope elsewhere. Now that we've obtained Betts, I don't think we should be drafting a small forward with our first pick, apparently there's a few good prospects in that regard who will be around in the rookie draft.
Have you seen highlights of Apeness? If they assess most of the low risk mids as having gone by 23 you would think this kid may be a chance. At 199cm and 101 kg he is a beast already with excellent agility and marking skills.

I know I am going to create some controversy but we should go after Garlett.

A potential top 5 pick last year and we have pick 23, what better way to cash in and "cheat" in getting this top 5 pick in 2012.

We have plenty of great role models at the Club - Danger/Sloane/VB. Throw in Betts and McLeod (is he around our club in any capacity), to help guide him and turn this into a diamond pick.

Imagine the shear chaos in having Tex, Pods, Betts and Garlett in a forward line for the opposition.

It would take all four to have a shit day for us to not score.

Johnathon Marsh looks like the love child of Brett Burton and Shuan Mckernan... I want him just because i think he may cause a big footy feelpinion meltdown.

A potential top 5 pick last year and we have pick 23, what better way to cash in and "cheat" in getting this top 5 pick in 2012.

We have plenty of great role models at the Club - Danger/Sloane/VB. Throw in Betts and McLeod (is he around our club in any capacity), to help guide him and turn this into a diamond pick.

Imagine the shear chaos in having Tex, Pods, Betts and Garlett in a forward line for the opposition.

Been reported that 4 clubs have been working closely with him and we aren't one of them. Doesn't mean we are not considering it I guess but you would have to think it unlikely.

Whilst there is an argument that our sanctions mean we have to take higher risk/ reward options, it could be argued equally that it's all the more reason to be more conservative and ensure 23 is a safer/surer bet

Footage says otherwise - you seen him live?

No i just like to shoot my mouth off over something i have no idea about :confused:

Youve got to remember when watching these highlights Darcy is a very very big 18 year old playing against kids.
Darcy isnt quick enough or smart enough to play high level AFL Footy.

He had some kind of injury I think which may have pushed out a bit - but agree looks like we would need for him to slide a little to get to us if we are keen
Yeah i was hoping last year stringer would slide to our first round pick (pre sk$irtgate) because of his compound fracture.. still went top 5 in the end. If they have the talent, recruiters will pick them up regardless of injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute priority 1 is getting a top quality OUTSIDE Midfielder (or two) with serious pace that can run and carry the ball....and get double-figure possessions (unlike MacKay & Tambling and Co.). But most of all, someone that can chase down and tackle opponents....in open field-play, OUTSIDE the stoppages. At the moment, nobody except Richy Douglas even remotely comes close. Along with our worse than terrible kicking, this lack of outside-run is what cost us our season. You can't lay effective tackles if you can't catch anyone.

If we can't fix this part of our game, we're in schitt up to our back teeth.

Now that Polec's signed with Port, I dunno who else fits the bill. I'm sure there must be talent about that suits this glaring need, but no names spring to mind. If there are any players that fit this sort of profile, I'd like to hear some info. I don't give a rat's @rse if they can't win their own ball....just their skills and outside-run and chase.

Quick question for you folks, as I've taken the Crows in a mock draft on our board. It sounds like you're probably looking at taking just 2 picks in the draft this year, is that correct?

I've already picked Battersby at 23 as most of the other players mentioned in this thread for the first pick were already taken (Crouch taken at 5 by GC!) and it sounds like your biggest need is for a more outside midfielder, but I'm less clear on what Adelaide will likely be targeting for their second pick at 46. #DangerZone mentioned Brown, Cameron or Nankervis, though Cameron is already taken; is there anyone else you think you will be likely to target, and what do you see as your biggest need after someone like Battersby?

Quick question for you folks, as I've taken the Crows in a mock draft on our board. It sounds like you're probably looking at taking just 2 picks in the draft this year, is that correct?

I've already picked Battersby at 23 as most of the other players mentioned in this thread for the first pick were already taken (Crouch taken at 5 by GC!) and it sounds like your biggest need is for a more outside midfielder, but I'm less clear on what Adelaide will likely be targeting for their second pick at 46. #DangerZone mentioned Brown, Cameron or Nankervis, though Cameron is already taken; is there anyone else you think you will be likely to target, and what do you see as your biggest need after someone like Battersby?
Given we chased Polec and Edwards for no return I'd suggest that type of outside running player. Also a KPF/ruck.

We have pick 23/46

Another Ruck type i think is the top target for 46. Graham will be gone next year and likely McKernan too. I would say Cameron Nankervis Brown and Lobb are the early targets

No i just like to shoot my mouth off over something i have no idea about :confused:

Youve got to remember when watching these highlights Darcy is a very very big 18 year old playing against kids.
Darcy isnt quick enough or smart enough to play high level AFL Footy.
Similar things were said about Jack Darling and Tom Hawkins.

Doesn't want to come to Adelaide. End of story.

There was some mixed reviews on him. Evidently has only recently taken his footy seriously, struggles with consistency and fitness - no doubt related issues. Will therefore need plenty of development.

Love to know were you heard this because all I've come across is the complete opposite. Don't make you captain of a TAC side if you have issues with attitude, fitness and consistency.

Don't think just because we've recruited one small forward in the latter part of his career means we can't recruit another one. Runs more through the midfield anyway.

Would be pretty happy if we got this guy.

Whilst there is an argument that our sanctions mean we have to take higher risk/ reward options, it could be argued equally that it's all the more reason to be more conservative and ensure 23 is a safer/surer bet

If you start further back in the race you need to take a shortcut unless you accept not winning is ok under the circumstances and instead target the moral victory

Love to know were you heard this because all I've come across is the complete opposite. Don't make you captain of a TAC side if you have issues with attitude, fitness and consistency.

Don't think just because we've recruited one small forward in the latter part of his career means we can't recruit another one. Runs more through the midfield anyway.

Would be pretty happy if we got this guy.
This is a critical draft pick for AFC and personally I would hate to see it spent on a small forward. Info I saw was on draft and trading board, if you have anything more to share on him feel free, but on info I've seen it's a comfortable no IMO

If you start further back in the race you need to take a shortcut unless you accept not winning is ok under the circumstances and instead target the moral victory
If you can afford to go to the shop many times you can try different things and if something is no good you can throw it away. When you can only go once you need to be careful you buy the right thing so it lasts.

We crould go all day rike this Grasshopper :D

If we did happen to draft another inside midfielder and he was good enough to be in the side come the start of the season, would we perhaps use someone like Dangerfield in more of an outside role? I love everything he offers as an inside midfielder and I'm not sure we could program him to stop going into all the packs but he's got some very nice attributes which would make him quite a strong outside midfielder. Obviously has to work on his kicking a little but doesn't appear to be lacking anywhere else as an outside midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back