Pick 3 for Swan & Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Fehoola

Debutant
Aug 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The source is a solicitor for an AFL club so he is on the inside! He reckons Carlton will trade pick 3 for Swan and Didak. Collingwood will then use the pick to secure Judd.

Id be pretty happy with that deal but cant really see it happening (especially after Swan's brownlow performance). My source assures me its definately the whisper on the inside. What you reckon?

Collingwood wouldn't do that deal. Now that Clement's gone, Swan and Didak are two of our best three or four players. Judd's a superstar but if we had to do that deal to get him, what's the point? We'd be going backwards.

Didak? I think the club already has it's hands full with Fevola.

Swan did surprisingly well last night in the Brownlog but I reckon he is only half the player Murph, Gibbs, Simpson, Morton/Palmer/Cotchin will be....

No thanks

The source is a solicitor for an AFL club so he is on the inside! He reckons Carlton will trade pick 3 for Swan and Didak. Collingwood will then use the pick to secure Judd.

Id be pretty happy with that deal but cant really see it happening (especially after Swan's brownlow performance). My source assures me its definately the whisper on the inside. What you reckon?
I think you're talking out you're arse.

Didak would only move home if was to trade clubs.
I would do that in an instant.

Pity Collingwood wouldn't. But then again, I'd be skeptical about doing the deal because I don't want Judd going to the Filth.
I wouldn't.

Didak is a **** head and I don't want him at our club.

Didak to Carlton...?
Judd to Collingwood...?

If that's the case, wake me when they both retire I don't want to burn my eyes

Swan did surprisingly well last night in the Brownlog but I reckon he is only half the player Murph, Gibbs, Simpson, Morton/Palmer/Cotchin will be....

I don't have the energy to get into a our-player-is-better-than-your-player/s debate, but I will say that Dane Swan is underrated. His last two seasons have been outstanding, and he's clearly our best midfielder. He moves like a scrubber, but appearances are deceptive in his case.

If the eagles only want pick 3 for Judd then y would we want to give the pick to collingwood? Y wouldnt we use it to get judd, if thats all they want...

If you can somehow hoodwink Collingwood into giving you both Didak and Swan for pick 3, you should grab the opportunity with both hands and then laugh at the Pies for the next few decades :thumbsu:

If the eagles only want pick 3 for Judd then y would we want to give the pick to collingwood? Y wouldnt we use it to get judd, if thats all they want...

I agree, why on earth would we think of trading pick 3 elsewhere when we can either get Judd with it or a quality kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can somehow hoodwink Collingwood into giving you both Didak and Swan for pick 3, you should grab the opportunity with both hands and then laugh at the Pies for the next few decades :thumbsu:

Agree.
The rest of the comp would be laughing at them too.
As well as hating them for helping Carlton fast-track their way back into the 8.

get both of them for pick 3, then offload DIdak to crows for pick 9

would be nice!

Didak was a Pick 3 and has not exactly lost a heap of value aside from off field issues. Swan is their best midfielder, 20 votes in the Brownlow last night. Not a chance you would get these guys for Pick 3. The Pies wouldn't even give just Swan for Pick 3 at the moment without compromising their list.

Silly season well and truly upon us.

btw A solicitor would run around telling stories about possible trades he has overheard? Not likely. People are on the inside for a reason and it is not worth being on the outside to give a few anonymous teenagers on the internet a warm and wet feeling.

The Mrs was at the Brownlog last last night and asked Pratt if the Blues were getting Judd. He replied "we are doing everything we can to get him". Make of that what you want.....
I take that as it is far from a done deal and we are just one club making a play for him. You can also take it as us being willing to throw in the number one pick if push came to shove.

Carlton need to maximise this situation for our best possible long term result.
Judd would be nice but we need to make our offer now and give Judd & W/C 72 hours to accept it or we are better to withdraw the offer.
Why get into a bidding war, then being told by W/C we need to offer more as someone else has. Be strong put our offer out and stand by it.
Our offer should be simple - 3 & 20 and nothing else. No young players nothing!!

If our deal fails so be it. Then use our number 3 pick to entice Collingwood & Melbourne etc to offer us good player's under 24 years of age. Heath Shaw comes to mind as a player we could use of our half back line. Once again though make a offer to other clubs with a time period and make it known after that period the offer is gone.

If all fails we have picks 1, 3 and 20 so that is still a great result for us.

But whatever we do please don't offer a large offer and sacrifice our growing bunch of talented kids.

Carlton need to maximise this situation for our best possible long term result.
Judd would be nice but we need to make our offer now and give Judd & W/C 72 hours to accept it or we are better to withdraw the offer.
Why get into a bidding war, then being told by W/C we need to offer more as someone else has. Be strong put our offer out and stand by it.
Our offer should be simple - 3 & 20 and nothing else. No young players nothing!!

If our deal fails so be it. Then use our number 3 pick to entice Collingwood & Melbourne etc to offer us good player's under 24 years of age. Heath Shaw comes to mind as a player we could use of our half back line. Once again though make a offer to other clubs with a time period and make it known after that period the offer is gone.

If all fails we have picks 1, 3 and 20 so that is still a great result for us.

But whatever we do please don't offer a large offer and sacrifice our growing bunch of talented kids.

If our offer fails, then we keep pick 3 for ourselves and get ourselves a damned good midfielder out of Cotchin, Masten, Morton or a defender in Palmer.

We do no trade our picks for anyone other than Judd please

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 3 for Swan & Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back