List Mgmt. Pick your Round 1 team for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

That might be the worst backline all of the clubs in the afl today. You've got Frost Armstrong Keeffe and Sinclair? I quiver.
LOLOLOLOLOL Yeah mate coming from the bloke who has Kennedy on the back flank and Maxwell as our CHB, take your floggy comments somewhere else because all of your opinions are invalid.

LOLOLOLOLOL Yeah mate coming from the bloke who has Kennedy on the back flank and Maxwell as our CHB, take your floggy comments somewhere else because all of your opinions are invalid.
Having the former captain in the backline for round 1 is the smartest thing we can do without his experience we are stuffed and going third up we are totally stuffed.
Kennedy is probably one of the only guys with enough speed and foot skill to carry the ball out of there ATM.

Brown Reid Harry
Kennedy Maxwell Williams
Ball Beams Sidebottom
Elliott White McCaffer
Blair Cloke Adams

Hudson Pendlebury Swan

Grundy Thomas Young sub Toovey.

Fasolo back through the reserves.
Hoping Thomas and Blair are right to go.
Williams will be there.
Hudson almost a necessity now after Grundy couldn't handle Richmond second string ruckman.
Armstrong delisted.
Keeffe not playing for mine.
Grundy had a bad game, it doesn't mean he will stay like that. And no Keeffe but Kennedy? And why have you got Reid down back? It's pretty clear that Bucks is gonna mostly play him forward.

Having the former captain in the backline for round 1 is the smartest thing we can do without his experience we are stuffed and going third up we are totally stuffed.
Kennedy is probably one of the only guys with enough speed and foot skill to carry the ball out of there ATM.
Considering Maxwell usually plays a lose role and his 1 on 1 game is poor and Freo look likely to play a forward line of Pavlich, Gumbleton, Sandilands/other ruckman, Mayne, Ballantyne and Walters we cant afford to have loose type of role from maxwell as his poor 1v1 game would be exposed and it wouldnt be pretty. I would probably rather have Langdon and Ramsay over Armstrong thinking about it. Toovey looks as though he wont be ready for round 1 otherwise he would be a lock and Sinclair has a good shutdown game and he played good shutdown footy during our purple patch late last year.

Considering Maxwell usually plays a lose role and his 1 on 1 game is poor and Freo look likely to play a forward line of Pavlich, Gumbleton, Sandilands/other ruckman, Mayne, Ballantyne and Walters we cant afford to have loose type of role from maxwell as his poor 1v1 game would be exposed and it wouldnt be pretty. I would probably rather have Langdon and Ramsay over Armstrong thinking about it. Toovey looks as though he wont be ready for round 1 otherwise he would be a lock and Sinclair has a good shutdown game and he played good shutdown footy during our purple patch late last year.
Having the extra number in defence was the way Malthouse was able to control the ball from one end of the field and keep possession until we scored. It wasn't broke so we fix that? If Maxwell isn't up to it Goldsack should play the role. We need numbers in defence to at least be competitive against Fremantle.
On Sinclair, he's never found his role in the team and i simply think we need to look past him.

If we don't win the ball in the middle it's imperative we win the ball I'm defence because that is where it will be the majority of the time. Not having Reid down there will destroy us in 2014 as good as forward as he could be White can play his role. Nobody can play Reid's role in defence that is currently on our list.

If all fit and available:

B: Williams Brown Toovey
HB: O'Brien Reid Maxwell
C: Elliot Swan Young
HF: Fasoslo Cloke Dwyer
F: Lynch White Kennedy
R: Grundy Pendelbury Beams

Int: Adams, Ball, Keeffe, McCaffer

Emg: Langdon, Goldsack, Blair

Going back to the old school set up in defence looks great. Only Shaw is missing really.
Love a bit of Fasoslo forward:p

Having the extra number in defence was the way Malthouse was able to control the ball from one end of the field and keep possession until we scored. It wasn't broke so we fix that? If Maxwell isn't up to it Goldsack should play the role. We need numbers in defence to at least be competitive against Fremantle.
On Sinclair, he's never found his role in the team and i simply think we need to look past him.
I dont think our current list can group together a back 6 worthy of a premiership, even when Reid is our centre half back. Which why im hoping we hit free agency hard at the end of the year recruiting certain players to make our back 50 an attacking force which is something we dont have which is a huge hole in our side, having a back half with quality rebound sets up almost every play. We should recruit hard by signing defenders who can rebound to refresh and give our back half a new fresh look, with hopes of going all the way for the next few years.

I like this side, if a few things went our way and if we could replace Lynch with an actuall marking threat we would be pushing for top 4. Id actually consider replacing Lynch with Huddo or Witts as they would probably give more.

HB: Langdon Keeffe Maxwell

C: Swan Ball Adams

HF: Fasoslo Cloke Sidebottom

F: Elliot Reid McCaffer

Int: Young, Blair, White, Seedsman

Emg: Frost, Goldsack, Dwyer,

Sinclair, Brown, Toovey
Sidebottom, Reid, Maxwell
Williams, Ball, Beams
Fasalo, White, SWan
Elliot, Cloke , Witts
Grundy, Pendles, Adams

Int Kennady Thomas Young Blair

This might be to tall on foward line if so one of the rucks will have to go for Dwyer, and lets hope some of the new draftees can knock them out of the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, I wish I had foxtel now, seeing Langdon named in everyones latest 22 is exciting.
To say he impressed me, would be an understatement. Seems every tackle he lays he gets a free kick, very happy we picked him up. If we can develop his shutdown game to Tooveys level, he would be an Alan Toovey with exceptional skills and with great ball winning ability. Could even be developed to play midfield instead.

Round 1

Backs: Toovey (Langdon if no Toovs), Brown, Young (kick ins)
Half backs Maxwell, Keeffe, Sidebottom
Mid 6 : Grundy, Pendlebury, Beams
Adams, Ball, Swan
Half forward: Kennedy, Cloke, White
Forwards: Elliott, Reid, Fasolo

Interchange OBrien, Thomas, MacCaffer sub: Goldsack

I'm assuming Williams is out.

To say he impressed me, would be an understatement. Seems every tackle he lays he gets a free kick, very happy we picked him up. If we can develop his shutdown game to Tooveys level, he would be an Alan Toovey with exceptional skills and with great ball winning ability. Could even be developed to play midfield instead.
that is extremely exciting, looking forward to seeing him play.

I'll bet you $100 that Maxwell plays in round 1.

You know better then Nathan?
Odd, hmm dont remember stating that i knew more than him but using your logic you could ask that question to everyone who has a different 22 to Nathans. I will happily be proven wrong if Maxwell has a blinder round 1, but against this particular opponent, maxwell loose i wouldnt think would be the best option for our back 6.

I also think he will play round 1 btw

Langdon---Brown---Williams
Seedsman--Keefe---Maxwell
Young------Ball----Lumumba
Sidebottom---Cloke--Beams
Swan-------Reid-------White
Grundy--Pendlebury--Adams

McCaffer--Elliot--Kennedy
SUB: Fasolo

This is pretty hard... I'd rather have Thomas in over Caff but we need a lock down player. On pre-season form Kennedy has to play, I think he's been very lively and is the type of player I think we're lacking on the half forward line. I've got Langdon in due to good pre-season form also, but if Toovey is available (which i don't think he will be), then I'd go with Tooves. Seedsman (what's the go with him?) has to be in for his run and carry. He along with Young, Lumumba and Kennedy should provide plenty of run. I think that's a strong side. My only worry is Keefe/Brown, hopefully pre-season form isn't anything to go by for them.

Seedsman (what's the go with him?) has to be in for his run and carry.

Recovering from hip surgery. Has pretty much been confirmed that he won't be back for round 1.

Round 1 team.

B: Langdon - Brown - Toovey
HB: Williams - Keefe - Maxwell
C: Lumumba - Ball - Sidebottom
HF: Adams - Cloke - Elliott
F: White - Reid - Swan
R: Grundy - Pendlebury - Beams

INT: Macaffer - Kennedy - Young SUB: Fasolo

DEPTH: Goldsack - Thomas - Sinclair - Dwyer - Blair - Witts - Frost - Lynch

INJURED (possible best 22) Seedsman - Sharenberg

BACKS

B
- Williams, Brown, Maxwell

HB - Lumumba, Keefe, Toovey

Comments - I am really worried about the back 6 and if Toovey and Williams are gone we are shot with Seedsman already out. Would think H, YOung or Sidebottom will have to go to HBmmen- I am really worried about the back 6 and if Toovey and Williams are gone we are shot with Seedsman already out. Would think OBrien, YOung or Sidebottom will have to go to HB

MIDFIELD

C - Sidebttom, Pendlebury, Young

Foll - Grundy, Beams, Ball

Comments - Beams needs to take Swan spot in the middle and let the old man have some quiet time on the HF line.

FORWARDS

HF - Swan, Reid, Adams

F - Elliott, Cloke, White

Comments - Looks pretty lethal doesn't it and lots of midfield rotations.

INTERCHANGE

Int - Goldsack, MacAffer, Kennedy, Fasolo (S)

Emerg Lynch, Sinclair, Langdon

Comments - pretty thin. Lot of mid tier types out like Blair, Dwyer, Martin, Seedsman, Thomas etc. IF Williams and Toovey don't come up then Sinclair and Langdon in for mine. Armstrong, Clarke and Yagmoor not up to it at moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Pick your Round 1 team for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back