List Mgmt. Pick your Round 1 team for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

wow, I wish I had foxtel now, seeing Langdon named in everyones latest 22 is exciting.

The replay is up on the AFL website if you want to watch it. I think Sinclair is likely to get his spot come round 1 though.

The replay is up on the AFL website if you want to watch it. I think Sinclair is likely to get his spot come round 1 though.
I think Sinclair might get Marley's spot, Langdon will stay in i reckon.

Either way its not ideal for mine.
I don't think there is much denying our ball use out of HB is average whoever you pick.
Its the only part am really worried about. Our mids are really going to have to get back I would think and leave the fwds very open and very 1:1.
To be fair that is kind of how Buckley has seemingly set them up this year.

Re Langdon - he's been ok

The only way we are going to beat Fremantle is with a solid defense, they will kill us on the rebound otherwise. Fremantle are also a very good clearance team so we need Reid down back to intercept the quick kick forward (Lake in Grand Final).

FB Williams Brown Toovey
HB: Reid Keeffe Sidebottom
CEN: Ball Beams Lumumba
HF: Elliott White Adams
FF: Kennedy Cloke Fasolo
FOL: Grundy Pendlebury Swan
BENCH: Young Witts Thomas SUB: Sinclair

Changes:
Sidebottom and Reid to defense
Witts comes in for Lynch
White plays 2nd KPF
Fasolo back in the forward line
Sinclair back in the team (starts if Marley doesn't play).

I'm still torn between Reid forward vs Reid back. I've always been of the idea that Reid needs to stay back, there's a reason why he was an AA defender, therefore that's where we need to play him.

B: Williams, Brown, Toovey
HB: Reid, Keeffe, Lumumba
C: Young, Beams, Adams
HF: Sidebottom, Cloke, Kennedy
F: Fasolo, White, Elliott
C: Grundy, Pendlebury, Swan
INT: Thomas, Ball, Lynch
SUB: Sinclair

I'm not a fan of Fasolo in defense. I think Lynch can play a role.

Maxwell, Brown, Williams
Toovey (Langdon if Toovey isn't ready), Reid, Young (Seedsman to replace*)
Lumumba, Beams, Sidebottom
Kennedy, White, Swan
Elliott, Cloke, Blair
Grundy, Pendlebury, Thomas
Ball, Macaffer, Fasolo, Adams

Sinclair very close.

Whipping boys best 18.

Armstrong Keefe Frost
Sinclair Keefee Armstrong
Yagmoor Martin Clarke
Gault White Marsh
Blair Lynch Mooney

WITTS Armstrong Sinclair

You left out Maxwell though.

My new rolling round 1 team:

Langdon, Brown, Williams
Goldsack, Keefe, Maxwell
Lumumba, Swan, Young
Beams, White, Reid
Elliott, Cloke, Kennedy

Grundy, Pendlebury, Ball

I: Adams, Macaffer, Sidebottom, Fasolo

Josh Thomas and Jarryd Blair come into the side. I think Goldsack and Langdon make room for Toovey and Sinclair at this stage...with Seedsman ultimately taking the back pocket position.

Until Toovey, Blair and Josh Thomas play a game, they can't be serious r1 contenders. Our next practice game will define a lot.

I don't think Armstrong or Ramsey have done enough to take the backline spot, and Lynch loses his spot to White.

My new rolling round 1 team:

Langdon, Brown, Williams
Goldsack, Keefe, Maxwell
Lumumba, Swan, Young
Beams, White, Reid
Elliott, Cloke, Kennedy

Grundy, Pendlebury, Ball

I: Adams, Macaffer, Sidebottom, Fasolo

Josh Thomas and Jarryd Blair come into the side. I think Goldsack and Langdon make room for Toovey and Sinclair at this stage...with Seedsman ultimately taking the back pocket position.

Until Toovey, Blair and Josh Thomas play a game, they can't be serious r1 contenders. Our next practice game will define a lot.

I don't think Armstrong or Ramsey have done enough to take the backline spot, and Lynch loses his spot to White.
Given the latest injury report Thomas, Blair no chance for rd 1and Toovey very unlikely. So I am saying none will play,I also think your rolling team is just about right but I still think at earlier games need Reid down back I would put Fasalo there and not have Langton

I'd go with the following if a few guys can be right for round 1 (Thomas, Williams, Toovey etc.)

B: Sinclair, Brown, Toovey
HB: Williams, Keeffe, Maxwell
C: Young, Pendlebury, Lumumba
HF: Elliott, Cloke, Sidebottom
F: White, Reid, Kennedy

Foll: Grundy, Swan, Beams

INT: Ball, Adams, Thomas, Macaffer.

The bench is very 'in and under' heavy, but Thomas and Adams are both quite solid on the outside. If Toovey, Thomas and Williams can't get up for it, I'd include Langdon and Goldsack in defence and throw Fasolo into the mix. Can't wait for the Seed to be back.

Best 22

Back T Langdon N Brown T Goldsack

HBack S Sidebottom B Reid M Williams (Replaced by B Sinclair if not playing)

Centre D Beams B Macaffer T Adams

HForward C Young J White L Ball

Forward A Fasolo T Cloke J Elliot

Following: B Grundy S Pendlebery D Swan

Interchange: H Obrien, L Keefe, N Maxwell sub: B Kennedy

Depth: J Blair (?? Fitness), S Dwyer (?? Fitness), K Martin (?? Fitness), J Ramsay, B Sinclair, J Frost

Injured: M Scharenberg, N Freeman, P Karnesis, T Broomhead, P Seedsman, J Thomas (?? Fitness), A Toovey (?? Fitness)

I think we are lacking speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
Our midfielders are very good but we have no one that can burst out of packs.Freeman and Thomas and karnesis butall are injured.

I hope Williams plays cos he has the grunt and speed we need Kennedy is ok too but his delivery I cringe sometimes.Young is ok but he is liable to pull another hammy thats my worry,Against freo they have the small types that could cut us to shreds if we are not careful.Plus we paly them at Etihad where they could box us in.I would have been more confidant if we played them on the G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way we are going to beat Fremantle is with a solid defense, they will kill us on the rebound otherwise. Fremantle are also a very good clearance team so we need Reid down back to intercept the quick kick forward (Lake in Grand Final).

FB Williams Brown Toovey
HB: Reid Keeffe Sidebottom
CEN: Ball Beams Lumumba
HF: Elliott White Adams
FF: Kennedy Cloke Fasolo
FOL: Grundy Pendlebury Swan
BENCH: Young Witts Thomas SUB: Sinclair

Changes:
Sidebottom and Reid to defense
Witts comes in for Lynch
White plays 2nd KPF
Fasolo back in the forward line
Sinclair back in the team (starts if Marley doesn't play).

I like the idea of playing Witt. Rotating Grundy and Witts in the forward line means we still have 3 talls so cloke won't get double and triple teamed and also means Reid can then play back where we need him most against freo. Don't think Lynch is up to it any more unfortunately!

As it stands currently this is my team

Maxwell Brown Williams
Young Keefe Fasalo
Sidebottom Ball O'Brien
Elliot Reid Beams
Kennedy Cloke White

Grundy Pendles Swan

Adams Caff Goldsack Sub Sinclair

If Williams not avail put Langton in as sub

Assumes Blair Thomas Toovey Seedsman Oxley Broomhead Freeman Scharenburg Karnesis Dwyer Martin not yet ready. Lot iof outs to begin season.

Given the latest injury report Thomas, Blair no chance for rd 1and Toovey very unlikely. So I am saying none will play,I also think your rolling team is just about right but I still think at earlier games need Reid down back I would put Fasalo there and not have Langton

Thats some shit house ball movement coming out those back 6 not too mention small and medium fwds are gonna have a field day.

I'll give it a whirl..

B: Maxwell - Brown - Sinclair
HB: Williams - Keefe - Young

Decent backline, Freo have 2 dangerous smalls in Walters and Ballantyne, however I rate the ability of Williams and Sinclair to play shut down roles, it will be a big test for the boys. Young provides some dash, whilst the other 3 will have a big task against the likes of Pav, Sandi, Gumbleton etc. As individuals, they're not the best 6 I've ever seen but if the midfield pressure is up and they work as a unit then we can limit Freo's output.

C: Lumumba - Swan - Sidebottom
Foll: Grundy - Pendlebury - Ball

Still a powerhouse midfield, and that's without Beams and Adams! Pressure has to be right up as does the ability to win the contested ball. Wouldn't mind seeing Harry go back at times to shore things up

HF: Beams - Reid - Elliot
F: Kennedy - Cloke - White

Really liking the look of this forward line, great mix of smalls and talls. Need to make sure however that the forwards spread and Cloke/Reid/White aren't going for the same ball too often. Thought we did this well against the Tigers. As well as this need the crumbers to get front and centre!

Int: Adams, Fasolo, Caff, Langdon

Like to see Caff go to Mundy, Langdon sub at this stage...

I'll give it a whirl..

Decent backline, Freo have 2 dangerous smalls in Walters and Ballantyne, however I rate the ability of Williams and Sinclair to play shut down roles, it will be a big test for the boys. Young provides some dash, whilst the other 3 will have a big task against the likes of Pav, Sandi, Gumbleton etc. As individuals, they're not the best 6 I've ever seen but if the midfield pressure is up and they work as a unit then we can limit Freo's output.

Still a powerhouse midfield, and that's without Beams and Adams! Pressure has to be right up as does the ability to win the contested ball. Wouldn't mind seeing Harry go back at times to shore things up

Really liking the look of this forward line, great mix of smalls and talls. Need to make sure however that the forwards spread and Cloke/Reid/White aren't going for the same ball too often. Thought we did this well against the Tigers. As well as this need the crumbers to get front and centre!

Not sure Langdon is the best fit as a sub as he will not come on and break the lines.

I'll give it a whirl..

Think you have nailed it.

I'll give it a whirl..

Apart from swapping Sidey and Beams I think this is the best team we can put up, +1 for you :p

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Pick your Round 1 team for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back