Autopsy Pies go down to Hawks 101-67

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your frustration. However I don't agree that the potential can't be realized on a more consistent basis when I look back at games/quarters last season when everything clicked such as the first half against the Crows. I also doubt that you've abandoned all hope.
Don’t mention the ‘H’ word, you’ll set him off again.

I understand your frustration. However I don't agree that the potential can't be realized on a more consistent basis when I look back at games/quarters last season when everything clicked such as the first half against the Crows. I also doubt that you've abandoned all hope.

A/ We've been trying to realise it ever since we threw a possible dynasty out the window, please explain after all of these years how we are all of a sudden going to realise the potential?

B/ Yeah nah, the hope is gone.

Don’t mention the ‘H’ word, you’ll set him off again.

pffft, words don't set me off it's this f***** club - nothing but frustration after empty promise after empty promise.

And just so everyone knows I'll continue to vent, I know it won't help but GAF, if you don't like it change the channel. This club that I love deserves every criticism it get because it brought it upon itself.

Yep Pendles is a poor set shot. Most of his goals have come on the run particularly from further out. It’s unfortunate but he has never really improved this part of his game.
Pendles won’t be a permanent forward. He doesn’t have the goal nous. He’s alsonone speed. He tried to play off half back and didn’t go well at all. Despite him being one of our greats for the last 12years he doesn’t seem to have enough versatility to be thrown around and his performance with injury has been found wanting. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for one bad performance in the middle but not for round the ground, missing kicks or as captain.
Never should have been made captain again either. That is another mistake by the club.
Are you in the keep (last year) Pendles camp or trade him?

No there is no hope, even if they all come back in we are not going to flag. Don't set yourself up for disappointment, that's the theme we have as supporters because we're Collingwood. Blind optimism, won't change what happens on field but personally I'm over tearing myself to bits with false hope.
I'm taking the attitude of expect to lose every game from this point onwards, then any wins we may have will be a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for you that you believe your comment worries me.

Good for me? There is nothing good for me or you, just in case you didn't know there was a game of footy that we were in last night (although you'd be forgiven if you thought we didn't turn up) that gives no one but no one any confidence of any improvement this year.

So yeah I don't even know what good is anymore, I know the club doesn't - bereft of any "good".

T'was Langdon, but the umpire got that one right you can't slide in like that in the modern game anymore it was stupid regardless of contact or otherwise. A guy with a semi functioning football brain just wouldn't put themselves in that position. The Reid non-call was the only noticeably bad decision of the night that went against us.
Langdon could have taken the body but chose to go to ground. It was symptomatic of our lack of body work around the ground ball all night. Hawthorn were good at it but no better than what should be standard.

Good for me? There is nothing good for me or you, just in case you didn't know there was a game of footy that we were in last night (although you'd be forgiven if you thought we didn't turn up) that gives no one but no one any confidence of any improvement this year.

So yeah I don't even know what good is anymore, I know the club doesn't - bereft of any "good".
:'(:'(:'(
And on it goes...

I'm taking the attitude of expect to lose every game from this point onwards, then any wins we may have will be a bonus.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

However long the night, the dawn will break

No we won't lose every game, we'll probably win next and scratch our heads WTF was last week then? We'll lose the easy ones and be competitive or win the ones we shouldn't. Stay mid table - again! continue the next year, same board and FD and same frustrating results year on year as it has been for the last 5.

What a f***** basket case! FMD!

Question is when? will I still be alive? How long do we continue to have this ridiculous belief, continue the same path and continue to disappoint with the same results year on year like we have year on year?
No river can return to its source, yet all rivers must have a beginning.

I think a small part of the Collingwood heart-beat inside me died last night.

I should be feeling angier about this performance, but I'm not; instead I have the sober realisation that we remain crap. Even worse, we're crap in the same way we were crap last year, and the year before. Our crapness hasn't even morphed or evolved - it's remained the same. Our shitness has become herpes-like in that we can't seem to shake it. It might go away for a while, but is sure to return at some point.

Sorry. Rant over.

I think a small part of the Collingwood heart-beat inside me died last night.

I should be feeling angier about this performance, but I'm not; instead I have the sober realisation that we remain crap. Even worse, we're crap in the same way we were crap last year, and the year before. Our crapness hasn't even morphed or evolved - it's remained the same. Our shitness has become herpes-like in that we can't seem to shake it. It might go away for a while, but is sure to return at some point.

Sorry. Rant over.
That’s some sort analogy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back