Autopsy Pies v Lions - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 4:35pm - (M.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think even most sane Lions fans have given up on this mob. So mentally fragile. They talk a lot but never back it up.

Will follow in the footsteps of the late 00's Bulldogs/Saints. Talented but not good enough.
Will be tough to win from outside the top 4, but no team is really a standout this year. I wouldn't rule the lions out yet.

I agree, our kicking was shocking all game really. Story of the season. Did our best Essendon impression in the last three quarters.

That being said, the umpires were Collingwood's top centre clearance player in that last quarter too. Umpires showing that complaining about them at press conferences pay dividends.

Well they’d got you a huge lead in the first 3 qtrs.

But we’ll always remember the ‘umpire contact’ free to Brisbane in the last qtr…

Brisbane's horrific record at the MCG continues: 2 wins from their past 18 starts and in recent times 1 win from 6 starts at the only ground that matters...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, our kicking was shocking all game really. Story of the season. Did our best Essendon impression in the last three quarters.

That being said, the umpires were Collingwood's top centre clearance player in that last quarter too. Umpires showing that complaining about them at press conferences pay dividends.
I would say the umpiring was pretty horrid all game, too reactionary.

That was after the see Naicos dive, pay free kick moment right?

Both soft free kicks I agree.

Live the Daicos free kick was clear, but they’d already paid 3-4 even softer ones to Brisbane so couldn’t really ignore it.

I'm just enjoying watching the same Collingwood fans that spent the whole last week complaining trying to convince themselves that they didn't get the same home ground treatment McRae bemoaned last week.

Lions choked and deserved to lose, but wowee some of those free kicks in the last 5 minutes.

Brisbane completely mindbroken. You could tell they were sh*tting themselves every time they had the ball with 5 minutes left. That is a team that cannot handle pressure, and will be rightly ironed out of the finals. Embarrassing that they were flag favourites a couple of weeks ago.

Don't want to hear any umpiring complaints from Pies fans. Got a nice run in that final quarter with what felt like a few frees in a row at one stage.
Nice to get a good run after three quarters of criminal umpiring. Lions still couldn’t put it away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies v Lions - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 4:35pm - (M.C.G.)

Back