Please Post Congrats for GF win in this thread please

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations, be proud of your team and your club, it is a terrific achievement. I think that is the clean sweep for the Cats this year, your club dominated the individual awards, the minor premiership and now the big one.

Fantastic effort, live it up, just about a perfect season.

Congratulations

As much as it pains me to say it, your boys were by far the best team this year. Bomber has drilled them to perfection, their decision-making is spot-on and their pressure phenomenal.

Enjoy the win over the off-season and all the best for 2008. Hopefully, we will get a chance to atone for our embarrassment.

The afternoon was amazing. The Cats were unstoppable, absolutely phenomenal performance. I could not have dreamed of a day more emotional, more exhilarating. I was in tears for about an hour, watching those fantastic players fulfil their dreams and collect the medal that would cement the achievement. Thank you Geelong Cats, supporting you has never been easy or dull, today was an absolute blessing.

Congratulations

Congratulations Geelong fans. They were awesome, would've beaten any team today. If we had to pick to lose to a team in the Granny by over 100 points, it would've against you guys. You deserve it and soak up every minute of it, after 44 years what more can you do? Brilliant stuff.

Re: Congratulations

Yeah that hurt. My heads still spinning. Your guys were just simply awesome and made us look like amateurs.

Congrats and bring on 2008.

Magnificent performance all year Geelong. Embarrassed with the performance of our side today, but very impressed by the humility and graciousness of your coach and players.

Would have been barracking for you against any other opposition today, so I can certainly understand the support your side had from the wider football community this week.

You are a credit to yourselves and with any luck will be able to back it up next year. Some real champion players and blokes in your club.

Congratulations you were far too good for us today & have been by far & away the best/most consistent team all year. Enjoy the win & good luck next year. Apologies that my team couldn't at least make a game of it today, but that just proves how much better & how much harder your players were prepared to work for each other than the port players today.

Congrats, Cats fans. 44 years is an unbelievably long time.

Your guys blew us out of the water, and to be honest, as well as being a bit drunk, I am in shock.

Enjoy the celebrations, hopefully our boys will enjoy a bit of gym work, and we'll be back for more next year.

wooooohoooo!!! go our boys!! we absolutely cleaned up today and i am so so proud!! wish i could have been there- quite annoyed there were spare seats at the ground and wish the fans that were there got into it a bit more!!

i am stoked for stevie to win the norm smith but there were so many guys who could have taken it - chappy especially, scarlett, moons, dasher... list goes on. i am also impressed by nathan ablett - performed better than he has lately dont you think? good choice to bring kingy in - still sad for blakey but he has years ahead of him and he would have learned a lot from today. and what about stokesy!! wow i'm just blown away -today everyone played their part. thanks tommy and bomber!! love you!

just a reminder and summary of all the things we've been awarded this year (may not be exhaustive, add if you can...)
1-NAB Rising Star – Joel Selwood
2-Liston Trophy (VFL B&F) – James Byrne
3-VFL Premiership – Cats
4-Norm Goss Medal (VFL GF BOG) – Tom Lonergan
5-Herald Sun Player of the Year – Gary Ablett
6-AFL Coaches Assn best player – Gary Ablett
7-AFL Coaches Assn best coach – Mark Thompson
8-9 All Australian side members – Matt Egan, Steve Johnson, Gary Ablett, Cameron Ling, Jimmy Bartel, Joel Corey, Matthew Scarlett, Darren Milburn, Cameron Mooney
9-Brownlow medal – Jimmy Bartel
10-AFLPA MVP - Gary Ablett
11-AFL premiership - CATTERS
12-Norm Smith Medal – Steve Johnson

Wow. We really cleaned up. GO THE CATTERS!!! WOOOHOOO! have a great night everyone! i can just remember 94 but not old enough to remember heartbreak of all the years gone by... i'm soaking it up all the same!!! yay!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done catters - best side all year and deserve the chocolates

the win today puts the rest of the awards in the shade - as bartel said

"he just wanted a premiership medallion"

Congratulations !!

Congratulations from a long suffering Bulldogs fan.

Great to see all the years of waiting have paid off. A great result, well done, fully deserved on the way you played this season.

Hopefully we can break our drought in the not-to-distant future.

:thumbsu:

Congratualtions Geelong on a fantastic season. You are clearly the best team for the year and a more than deserved premier. Thanks for a wonderful grand final sticking it up the arrogant pricks from Port.
Enjoy the moment Geelong supporters you've waited a long time and deserve it, thanks for giving hope to a supporter of a long suffering club that droughts can be broken
WELL DONE:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Congrats Cats on a brilliant season. Absolutely and emphatically smashed em in the GF for a very well deserved win! Enjoy the spoils of victory....there will be a party and a half after breaking the drought!!!!
All the best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Please Post Congrats for GF win in this thread please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back