2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

There are no Magpies, only power reserves, good luck to the players going to other SANFL clubs, if ANY player in the SANFL is up to standard ( NOT LIKELY ) the Elite clubs of the AFL will take them anyway.

The SANFL is just an inferior feeder competition to the AFL...

Im not even bothered . I only watched to see how young Marshall went. The SANFL is dead to me. Different game plans different agendas. Lets see how a SANFL club would go in the AFL. Im betting a 300 point loss. The sooner we pull our reserves out of this shit truck comp and the criticism that comes with it, the better. It cant be good for our young lads confidence . Do the dicks realise we're practicing game plans?

Wow. Totally forgot the game was on so came here to check the mood. See the score and died a little on the inside. That's actually embarrassing for our new coach.

North kicked 12 unanswered goals. Cannot take a positive out of that effort on the field or the coaches box.
ken is the real coach, this mess of a game we play is 100% on him and bass, lokan is just a game day puppet.

Irrespective of the Crers trolls on here, the real issue is...........
What a ****ing load of ****ing useless, insipid, pea hearted, bruise free, pathetic crap! :mad:

Two weeks running the players have proven they care not one iota for what that historic jumper means.
The black and white has been shamed.
Flogged by p** weak teams who would be lucky to have beaten our reserves sides of the 80's and 90's.

Good crowd - treated to a shameful exhibition.
Went to the 3/4 time huddle and yelled out "we're still in this Port. We can still win this". Copped a few dirty looks. Stiff s**t. A couple of spectators were giving them a lot more than sarcasm!

How low has this club sunk? Never thought I would say this but.......... at the end of this season the club needs to withdraw from the SANFL. We are a joke.
It breaks my heart to see that performance. As it would legends of the club.

For the second week running Frampton monstered the oppo rucks, but sadly seems to have lost his presence around the ground - 4 points out of 10.
Hewett the only mid who consistently found the ball at clearances and didn't turn it over, in the best the second week running - 4 points.
Atley got the ball a lot but ran himself into trouble most times and his disposal was crap - 3 points.
Marshall gets 3 points for just turning up - fantastic to see him out there.
Wouldn't give anyone else a single point - they were disgraceful.

This lack of effort week after week destroys the fabric of theclub and does nothing for thr Power. The 4 above were the only ones with even the remotest likelihood of ever getting an AFL callup in the event of injuries.

The rest should never be rewarded with higher honours - ever :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The club has shown it's contempt for the reserves by fielding a team of teenage oompah loompahs of barely Ammo's standard who get beaten by 20 goals each week.
And the players in the A grade clearly have no interest in busting their boilers.
And the coaching staff are'nt prepared to give the players a blast when they absolutely deserve it - instead just softly telling the players to keep doing more of the same. Which is sweet **** all :thumbsdown:

The club has no interest in winning games of footy at SANFL level.
So I have no further interest in following a team that doesn't try.
No more state league footy for me.
The Maggies are dead as far as I am concerned.
Vale the past.

Wow. Totally forgot the game was on so came here to check the mood. See the score and died a little on the inside. That's actually embarrassing for our new coach.

North kicked 12 unanswered goals. Cannot take a positive out of that effort on the field or the coaches box.

I hope someone came forward to take the heat and explain what is going on.

What a ****ing load of ****ing useless, insipid, pea hearted, bruise free, pathetic crap! :mad:

Two weeks running the players have proven they care not one iota for what that historic jumper means.
Flogged by p** weak teams who would be lucky to have beaten our reserves sides of the 80's and 90's.

Went to the 3/4 time huddle and yelled out "we're still in this Port. We can still win this". Copped a few dirty looks. Stiff s**t. A couple of spectators were giving them a lot more than sarcasm!

How low has this club sunk? Never thought I would say this but.......... at the end of this season the club needs to withdraw from the SANFL. We are a joke.

For the second week running Frampton monstered the oppo rucks, but sadly seems to have lost his presence around the ground - 4 points out of 10.
Hewett the only mid who consistently found the ball at clearances and didn't turn it over, in the best the second week running - 4 points.
Atley got the ball a lot but ran himself into trouble most times and his disposal was crap - 3 points.

This lack of effort week after week destroys the fabric of theclub and does nothing for thr Power. The 4 above were the only ones with even the remotest likelihood of ever getting an AFL callup in the event of injuries.

The rest should never be rewarded with higher honours - ever :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The club has shown it's contempt for the reserves by fielding a team of teenage oompah loompahs of barely Ammo's standard who get beaten by 20 goals each week.
And the players in the A grade clearly have no interest in busting their boilers.
And the coaching staff are'nt prepared to give the players a blast when they absolutely deserve it - instead just softly telling the players to keep doing more of the same. Which is sweet **** all :thumbsdown:

Vale the past.
Hang in there it will turn. There will always be ups and downs with the setup we have. And while its frustrating it shows what we lack depth wise. Key position players. It also shows what a horrible style of game ken and bass bring to the club. Its unacceptable. If it doesn't work at the lower level with our so called superior skills and fitness over weaker opposition, how is it going to work against the best teams in the land.
The club just needs a wake up call by someone that has the ticker to say enough is enough. This soft bland ineffecient safe football isnt port adelaide.

As for the academy team. Literally nothing we can do. No zones, no real way to develop junior talent.

should have rookie listed robbie young, his aggression at the contest had our princesses squirming.
was all for getting alex barns a few years ago, when he was still with us. finally starting to show it. mobile skilled, good up forward.
Spoke to someone very close to Robbie today and my suspicions about low morale last yr in the Maggies was confirmed.
Naturally not all who left last yr were for the same reasons but the effect has been dramatic. Sharrad bled Port, T Gray like the whole Gray
family the same. Robbie busted his guts trying to get on our AFL list before giving up.
KH is not universally liked/loved by players. Arrogant stubborn and prone to favouritism the Maggies as we knew them were gutted last yr.
Have we even got all possibles on contract this yr?

Skill level and umpiring was there for all to see but Aidyn Johnsons' yips for goal capped off a shocker today for the team.
Got talking to a mate at the ground and when asking what's wrong he said holding the budget look at this.
It was the games played column and wow what a difference. Old hands were Summo on 216 and Ryswyk on 217 which cancel
each other out but let's look at the average SANFL games for the rest of the respective playing lists. It reads

North Adelaide 1134 @ 51.5
Port Adelaide 429 @ 19.5

Skewed by Pittard and LT AFL games being ignored you might say, well how well did they play and what difference did they really make.
Jasper is as out of form as AJ's goal kicking and LT can only do so much as a forward when we play such a high press.
Yeah it was ugly today and we've got South at Noarlunga next week.

What is frustrating is watching how we play. Like treacle out of defence then mayhem too often as we transition into attack.
Even if we have a forward or 2 in position we find a way to clanger it up or get stuffed by the umps.
One lousy stinking goal well into the 3rd qtr was humiliating. Even the cheersquad started a chant about the beer
sack truck going pass them. Compare our Maggies and Academy sides last yr to now. The proverbial cliff comes to mind.
If and heaven help us if we miss finals this yr in the AFL then KH really does have some explaining to do.

I wonder how many will be listening. There's a lot of empty seats now and it's only Rd 8.
One of these days I'll finally realise it's all about the AFL. Is that code for who gives a rats about the Maggies.
Maybe those who have left empty seats at Alberton have realised this before I have to accept the bleeding obvious.

Vale the past.
What do you expect the team to do with its hands so firmly tied by the SANFL?
Year after year we lose our best players to the other SANFL clubs.
We have a totally unbalanced side, and young.
What are we supposed to do?
You can’t compare our current side with all the restrictions to the Magpies of old.
I hate the ****ing SANFL.
They panicked when they thought we were leaving their competition yet they do everything to destroy us.
Roll on AFL reserves. It can’t come soon enough.
Then the SANFL can rot in hell.

What do you expect the team to do with its hands so firmly tied by the SANFL?
Year after year we lose our best players to the other SANFL clubs.
We have a totally unbalanced side, and young.
What are we supposed to do?
You can’t compare our current side with all the restrictions to the Magpies of old.
I hate the ******* SANFL.
They panicked when they thought we were leaving their competition yet they do everything to destroy us.
Roll on AFL reserves. It can’t come soon enough.
Then the SANFL can rot in hell.
Afl reserves is a massive step backwards. Weaker souless plastic trial games in a trivial comp is not better for our club. Hard tough physical games against opponents that hate you is a much better breeding ground and sorts out who is tough enough to represent the pafc at the highest level. we just have to get better, recruit better, smarter, not add 3 flankers and no key position players for a start. Play proper football for a start too. That will help...

Afl reserves is a massive step backwards. Weaker souless plastic trial games in a trivial comp is not better for our club. Hard tough physical games against opponents that hate you is a much better breeding ground and sorts out who is tough enough to represent the pafc at the highest level. we just have to get better, recruit better, smarter, not add 3 flankers and no key position players for a start. Play proper football for a start too. That will help...

How would AFL reserves not be physical?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the more restrictions the sanfl put on us the more it simply is a reserves team. We tried to keep the club feel there but the sanfl said NO. There is nothing there anymore but a practice team for afl back-up players. For me that is just as bad for those spiteful campaigners at the sanfl as it is to Port.

Bring on the afl reserves comp.

Did the Magpies simply suddenly become like the Lil'Crows?
Nah. This lets leave the sanfl happens after every loss.. dont worry about it. Just sooks putting their frocks over their heads looking for an easier softer option for our precious boys, instead of looking within and toughening up a bit.
We just have to get better, its on us, noone else is to blame.

Glorified trial games.

..without the glory..

The ultimate glory is an AFL flag.

It's impossible for us to maintain continuity in this league from year to year.

Whatever is best for the AFL team, I want that.

The ultimate glory is an AFL flag.

It's impossible for us to maintain continuity in this league from year to year.

Whatever is best for the AFL team, I want that.
Which is why we are playing where we are now. Why play in a weaker passionless comp. The tougher it is for us the better it is for our development. The strong survive the weak find themselves at clubs like north and centrals in a year or so.

Which is why we are playing where we are now. Why play in a weaker passionless comp. The tougher it is for us the better it is for our development. The strong survive the weak find themselves at clubs like north and centrals in a year or so.

But if we will play weak impassioned footy, as we seem to be playing, why play at SANFL, then?

But if we will play weak impassioned footy, as we seem to be playing, why play at SANFL, then?
Its a tough hard physical comp against clubs that hate us. We are playing poorly at the moment but the comp we are playing in is tough hard contested footy. Its a good breeding ground for our younger players

Spoke to someone very close to Robbie today and my suspicions about low morale last yr in the Maggies was confirmed.
Naturally not all who left last yr were for the same reasons but the effect has been dramatic. Sharrad bled Port, T Gray like the whole Gray
family the same. Robbie busted his guts trying to get on our AFL list before giving up.
KH is not universally liked/loved by players. Arrogant stubborn and prone to favouritism the Maggies as we knew them were gutted last yr.
Have we even got all possibles on contract this yr?

Skill level and umpiring was there for all to see but Aidyn Johnsons' yips for goal capped off a shocker today for the team.
Got talking to a mate at the ground and when asking what's wrong he said holding the budget look at this.
It was the games played column and wow what a difference. Old hands were Summo on 216 and Ryswyk on 217 which cancel
each other out but let's look at the average SANFL games for the rest of the respective playing lists. It reads

North Adelaide 1134 @ 51.5
Port Adelaide 429 @ 19.5

Skewed by Pittard and LT AFL games being ignored you might say, well how well did they play and what difference did they really make.
Jasper is as out of form as AJ's goal kicking and LT can only do so much as a forward when we play such a high press.
Yeah it was ugly today and we've got South at Noarlunga next week.

What is frustrating is watching how we play. Like treacle out of defence then mayhem too often as we transition into attack.
Even if we have a forward or 2 in position we find a way to clanger it up or get stuffed by the umps.
One lousy stinking goal well into the 3rd qtr was humiliating. Even the cheersquad started a chant about the beer
sack truck going pass them. Compare our Maggies and Academy sides last yr to now. The proverbial cliff comes to mind.
If and heaven help us if we miss finals this yr in the AFL then KH really does have some explaining to do.

I wonder how many will be listening. There's a lot of empty seats now and it's only Rd 8.
One of these days I'll finally realise it's all about the AFL. Is that code for who gives a rats about the Maggies.
Maybe those who have left empty seats at Alberton have realised this before I have to accept the bleeding obvious.

Agree 100%, supporter for 45 years and stuck with the magpies since the change in 2014 but losing Reynolds R Young T Gray Sharrad Rudloff etc and a pile of AFL fringe players such as Ah Chee who were at the Magpies for quite a few years there is no team spirit or pride in the jumper left and to be honest probably gone forever, really feel for Summo.
The top up players we have now are not up to amateur league standard and the style of play is just not Port Adelaide. 9 goals kicked today at Alberton in both games combined after last Sunday's disaster.
I will still attend every AFL game but I am really struggling to find a reason to keep my magpies membership which I have had since 1978.

Those players also have to get paid. Who wants to risk their body for what, $200 a game?

The current setup doesn't allow us to create an environment thats settled and professional. That's my biggest gripe and it's not a knee-jerk reaction to losing this week because I dont care about the result that much. Anyone with a competitive spirit leaves because they want to get paid their worth. The Magpies are currently a feeder team for the other clubs so where's the glory in that?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back