Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cochrane is an utter twat

He seems a bit smarter than some Chairpersons I know of...

Meanwhile Cochrane’s own future at Gold Coast is uncertain with the chairman conceding he is “worn out”.

After joining the Suns board in 2014 and becoming chairman in March 2016, Cochrane has helped keep the club in the headlines even during their poor performances given his outspoken style.

Asked how many years he thought he had left in him, Cochrane said: “It’s a question I’m really going to consider over the summer.

“I am a fair bit worn out, it’s been a fairly big job, it’s taken up a lot more hours. And as your listeners are probably aware it’s an honorary job, so it takes up a chunk of hours out of your working life.

“But more importantly than that I’m a bit of a believer in these jobs that you take it on, you work your butt off and you try and leave it in a much better shape than when you fast it, and then the next bloke or lady comes along and they try and move it forward again, and move it up the ladder further forward.

“So a time frame of something like six to eight, nine years is kind of optimal for that. By the start of next year I’ll be heading rapidly to about seven and a half years as president, and before that I did two years as director, so I’m starting to think maybe it’s a good thing for Tony Cochrane to think about stepping down in the near future and letting someone else have a go.

“There’d probably be a lot of people, I suspect in the media, who’ll be very happy to see my ass walk out the door.”

Ross Lyon is going to coach Essendon. I can't see them doing the unthinkable and re hiring Hird.

I can as long as numb nuts Sheeds is on their board the James Turd option is real. Their mad enough and stupid enough to do it.

Sheedy gives me the tom ****. Him n Turd are a match made in heaven. They deserve each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fr

Frampton has had 8 years on an AFL list for 18 games and is being talked about as getting a further contract.
Amazing how players that are tall and ok at running can build an AFL career without the need to be good at football
There’s guys going around on a AFL list who wouldn’t have got a game for Port reserves in the old days.

They are getting EY to do their external review. Is that normal? I feel like most of these reviews are done by football people.

Can you imagine any of the ex-footballer boy's club commentators ever putting this much effort into their craft?
No but filling the time in a soccer match which you are calling yourself is an easier job as it's much slower. They do a great job, I'd love to do that job for AFL etc and I think lots of people could but it'll never happen. I reckon if you had like the sky TV kind of thing press red to listen to different commentary and it's just one dude commentating an entire match, it'd actually be better. I guess the issue is, will they make it through an entire match as it's a lot of play calling? I think you could, I'd just not call out EVERY player who touches it, no need, go the radio angle more.

No but filling the time in a soccer match which you are calling yourself is an easier job as it's much slower. They do a great job, I'd love to do that job for AFL etc and I think lots of people could but it'll never happen. I reckon if you had like the sky TV kind of thing press red to listen to different commentary and it's just one dude commentating an entire match, it'd actually be better. I guess the issue is, will they make it through an entire match as it's a lot of play calling? I think you could, I'd just not call out EVERY player who touches it, no need, go the radio angle more.
Let me also add whilst quoting my own quote.. get the commentators back at the ****ing ground. You can't do a decent job if you are not there to see the field and it's painful when they are doing it from Melbourne, I may as well be doing it myself. You can't give insight with no view of the entire field, I'd also argue if I were commentating alone to ****ing give me a huge wide camera angle like they used to so the viewers can see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back