Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McKay for Pick 3 and Doedee for 19 are some of the bolder moves in sports entertainment. I wonder what storylines the AFL have coming up for us next year.
Three scenerios..

Either the corporate ministry Crows with Walker being Vince McMahon all along

Undertaker Swans rising up again

Or the Mankind Suns winning the dream premiership

Have a nice day

Continuing the Oppenheimer theme...Fat Man is available for free

I’d be happy if we picked him up in the rookie draft, or for him to train with us over the summer.

It didn’t work for him at Sydney but I can’t believe he’ll never play AFL again if he wants it. There aren’t so many people that kick a football better than Will Gould.

"The compensation formula is based on Ben's age and also what his guaranteed payments are underneath that," he said.

"It's a clear formula and whatever the formula decides is what the answer is, and we'll be comfortable with that."

Dillon said compensation picks are part of equalising the competition.

"At the moment, the compensation will stay and that's part of the agreement that we've got with the Players Association." - Michael Whiting

What formula is that Andrew and how often does it change to suit their agenda?

"The compensation formula is based on Ben's age and also what his guaranteed payments are underneath that," he said.

"It's a clear formula and whatever the formula decides is what the answer is, and we'll be comfortable with that."

"At the moment, the compensation will stay and that's part of the agreement that we've got with the Players Association." - Michael Whiting

Sports entertainment

James Harmes has joined the Western Bulldogs, with a future third round pick heading back to Melbourne.

I find myself more and more disenchanted with this Mickey Mouse league and more enamoured with Nfl with each passing.

For all the crap people seem to throw at Us sports the nfl seems to have none of the Mickey Mouse crap we cop here.

Let’s be realistic

It’s the vfl boys club, and ports been neutered and kept on a leash, they just need port successful enough to get the big tv contract and that’s it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay for Pick 3 and Doedee for 19 are some of the bolder moves in sports entertainment. I wonder what storylines the AFL have coming up for us next year.

Doedee shouldn't be in the same sentence as McKay. He's actually performed well in his career and was touted as a future captain. Knee injuries obviously a set back.

McKay is a shit truck who's played in 8 wins in 60 something games. He's a very, very ordinary player. Pick 3 is disgusting given the other picks Norf are being handed anyway.

I'm just about done with this farcical competition, what's the point when we have no hope of winning, aside from donuts the whole thing is skewed so badly towards the VFL it's a joke.

Essendon are so cooked. They're like a worse version of us. Trying to top up with b graders.

Goldy is utterly cooked
Duursma has been a hack ever since his knee injury
Gresham - lol

Then you have dodo who is their ken, who has piss blasted all their high picks away on flaky flankers (McGrath #1 LOL) and beanpole kids (cox)

I guess if they can make a finals series next year, lose by 10 goals, that's a successful year for them

Doedee shouldn't be in the same sentence as McKay. He's actually performed well in his career and was touted as a future captain. Knee injuries obviously a set back.

McKay is a s**t truck who's played in 8 wins in 60 something games. He's a very, very ordinary player. Pick 3 is disgusting given the other picks Norf are being handed anyway.

I'm just about done with this farcical competition, what's the point when we have no hope of winning, aside from donuts the whole thing is skewed so badly towards the VFL it's a joke.

I pointed out recently that the majority of non vic cups were won by teams after their expansion with their team built on those concessions.

Looking at cups without that the only wins have been a cola’d up to their eyeballs Sydney and 2 powerhouse west coast wins.

From here on out non-vic club grand final wins are going to be very few and extremely hard.

Norf fisted Sydney on the Stephens trade imo.
I'm going the opposite
If you take out the racket of North trading a pick that is up for review

Theyve traded a bloke who will be delisted in 3 years time and a pick in the 30s for a teens pick

Yep if there was a formula why wouldn't they announce it instead of the yearly bashing they get about said formula

Yep if there was a formula why wouldn't they announce it instead of the yearly bashing they get about said formula
Calling all BF mathematicians to reverse engineer the Mckay situation to decipher the magical formula.

ie Compo = (years of service + contract$$ + length of contract + current position of receiving club + etc etc etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back