Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can't be right, I heard from Our Kochie that we had to sign up Our Kenny a month before he bombed out in finals again because that way we'd be able to attract all the players we wanted?

He may be a prick but Sydney are cleaning up trade period. They've brought in twice the quality that we'll be bringing in at half the cost.
They did just bring in two 30 year olds, one being very injury prone. I wouldn't say they are cleaning up at all lol.

They did just bring in two 30 year olds, one being very injury prone. I wouldn't say they are cleaning up at all lol.
If they win a flag in the next year or two (which they're more than capable of doing) who gives a **** how old their recruits are? They're both significantly better footballers than anyone we're bringing in.

If they win a flag in the next year or two (which they're more than capable of doing) who gives a * how old their recruits are? They're both significantly better footballers than anyone we're bringing in.
They won't be winning the flag in the next year or 2. Also Taylor Adams wouldn't be getting a spot in our midfield.

That can't be right, I heard from Our Kochie that we had to sign up Our Kenny a month before he bombed out in finals again because that way we'd be able to attract all the players we wanted?

He may be a prick but Sydney are cleaning up trade period. They've brought in twice the quality that we'll be bringing in at half the cost.
I’m as shitty as resigning Ken as anyone. But assuming the reason McKay didn’t chose is because we resigned Ken is so disingenuous.

In reality, he probably just didn’t want to live in Adelaide.

You are just upset we didn’t get a player. Cope better.

The northern academies are just another rort now that compromises the draft beyond recognition.
It's just the wild west. There's no governance at all.

Well, depending who you are of course. Port had to jump through hoops like performing dolphins at Seaworld to put the Horne-Francis trade together last year.

Meanwhile Gold Coast and North walk down the street like Dudley Moore in Arthur throwing picks at passers-by.

Last edited:
Yeah they got Stevens cheap in the end. Realistically 44 + a few pick upgrade (albeit across different years)

Yeah that’s a great deal for Sydney. A 3rd rounder and pick upgrade for a draft bust who’s headed for the delist pile if he doesn’t break out soon.

They would be like us getting that deal for Patmore before we delisted him.

Lol then Sydney forks out for Grundy. Good pickup but how the hell has melb made a profit on him? Purchased for pick 29, failed to work there, plays vfl, a year older then they get MORE for him ?

Lol

there’s no rules to this trade business, just screw over the other team when it’s your turn to go I guess, unless you’re us and then it’s all let’s pre-lube, they’ll thanks us for not being dry.

I’m as shitty as resigning Ken as anyone. But assuming the reason McKay didn’t chose is because we resigned Ken is so disingenuous.

I think the point he’s making is mocking the decision given to renew Ken when we did

Yeah that’s a great deal for Sydney. A 3rd rounder and pick upgrade for a draft bust who’s headed for the delist pile if he doesn’t break out soon.

They would be like us getting that deal for Patmore before we delisted him.
Can you really not see the hypocrisy of taking this attitude towards Dylan Stephens while whingeing that we should be getting a first rounder for Duursma?

Duursma was a worse draft pick than Stephens and has done absolutely nothing since about 2020 to suggest that he's any better than Stephens.

If we can't attract good players to the club, why are we re-signing the most unsuccessful coach in AFL history because of his supposed ability to attract good players to the club?

Can you really not see the hypocrisy of taking this attitude towards Dylan Stephens while whingeing that we should be getting a first rounder for Duursma?

Duursma was a lower draft pick than Stephens and has done absolutely nothing over the last couple of years to suggest he's any better than Stephens.

Lol duursma is well beyond Stephen’s

I was a fan of Stephen’s before he was drafted but since coming in to the afl hes been a complete bust. Right now he’s a chance to not even be in the league when his contract next finishes up.

Stephens is very very ordinary at footy. If he wasn't a high draft pick he would have been delisted. He didn't show anything elite in his draft year. Not fast. (he's fit) Not a penetrating kick. Poor decision maker. Soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get ready for the "Clarkson renaissance" the Vic media will be gushing over next year :rolleyes:

Yep

I said at the time that there was no way that Clarkson took that job without a meeting with the afl bosses and a handshake deal that they would bankroll them into success

Cue in a few years time and Clarkson will be giving the trump speech of “with only a small loan of a million dollars (million draft picks) from my father.. im a self made success !

Hardwick was also going to be well looked after, seeing as the AFL bankrolled that move too.

This is just WWE football.

Lol then Sydney forks out for Grundy. Good pickup but how the hell has melb made a profit on him? Purchased for pick 29, failed to work there, plays vfl, a year older then they get MORE for him ?
The only way I can rationalise this is that they are paying a large amount of $5m contract.

Sydney just became a bit more dislikeable now that that prick Taylor Adams is there.

Nobody deserved to miss out on a premiership more than him.
Every time I see the campaigner I remember him dropping his knees onto Westhoff’s head on the floor…only got 2 weeks for it from memory

Bizarre how much help North are getting I mean where's the VFL fairytale aspect even when nobody gives a flying fukc about them? jeez it'll be boring in a couple of years when they are good on the back of all this and the real whinging starts

What's next hand them back friday night exclusivity in empty stadiums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back