Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reason why there's been no talk about us linking to Petty in the future. All the talk has been Adelaide. I hope our list mgmt team is getting in his ear. Something about him does look like a Crows supporter from way back, so maybe it'd be fruitless, but we should certainly be positioning ourselves to be in the discussion as well in 12 months time.

You didn't hear about the golf game? That's what decides player destinations these days.

This article is the ABC's take on the winners and losers from the trade period. The chart of "player absolute value" is interesting, not least because of the relative positions of us and Essendon.

It makes it clear we've gone for short term gain and long term pain. I wonder why. :rolleyes:

does this mean it was Joel Smith's 3rd strike, why else are we finding out about it? Players are doing this stuff all the time but we rarely have it come out like this?

This article is the ABC's take on the winners and losers from the trade period. The chart of "player absolute value" is interesting, not least because of the relative positions of us and Essendon.

It makes it clear we've gone for short term gain and long term pain. I wonder why. :rolleyes:

And here's the inevitable report card from The Age scribes

does this mean it was Joel Smith's 3rd strike, why else are we finding out about it? Players are doing this stuff all the time but we rarely have it come out like this?

We are hearing about it because its a match day sample, which is a Rioli like multi year ban

In competition testing always comes out. It's the out of competition testing that has the strike policy.

In the AFL article:

Under the AFL's Anti-Doping Code, any player who tests positive to a substance of abuse, and can prove that their use of the substance was both out of competition and unrelated to sport performance, faces a three-month ban.

Cocaine is listed as a substance of abuse, rather than a specified substance, under the World Anti-Doping Authority code.

The maximum penalty for the intentional use of a non-specified substance under the AFL's Anti-Doping Code is a four-year ban.

We are hearing about it because its a match day sample, which is a Rioli like multi year ban
yeah okay, I've got no idea how long does coke generally stays in the system but if a player had a big one after a game, i would assume they would be highly unlikely to test positive on match day the following week. Which suggests he may have had it the night or two before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps on SEN today said that we will be in the conversation should he wish to come home.

Would explain Crows desperate attempts this trade period. Trying to get something done while we had no capital and chasing other trades.

The way Petty has been talked about the last week it’s like he’s morphed into a Sam Taylor / Charlie Curnow hybrid.

I like him but he is just a good average footballer.

THE CARLTON Football Club is aware that Elijah Hollands has been served with a notice to appear in court relating to possession of an illicit substance. The Club was notified last month by Hollands, who was a Gold Coast Suns player at the time, given its existing interest in bringing him to the football club. An informed decision was then made to proceed with the recruitment and the Club will now provide the necessary support to Hollands. He will commence pre-season training upon its scheduled resumption in November. As the matter is currently before the courts, the Club will make no further comment at this time.

The way Petty has been talked about the last week it’s like he’s morphed into a Sam Taylor / Charlie Curnow hybrid.

I like him but he is just a good average footballer.

Is he a free agent after next year? If he's only RFA by then, Melbs might match offers - unless he spuds it up in 2024.

"One East Melbourne resident recently revealed that Oliver, after a light training session at Yarra Park in the summer of 2022, bent a bunch of windscreen wipers on cars in a side street.

The resident confronted him, the player ignored him, and an embarrassed teammate was left to apologise."

Incredible behaviour from Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back