Port, Melbourne & Collingwood mega trade

Remove this Banner Ad

That's giving up some potential talent but brings in 3 guys who would push for games in every team and can hold up a spot in the side in different roles. It means we'd have to draft some more high end talent types but also gives us freedom to do that knowing we have a list that can compete.
You're not talking about Ben Kennedy here surely?

I don't think anyone has won that trade. Port will if Toumpas makes it, but given he gets intimidated by a gentle breeze I don't have high expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melbourne gave up on toumpas too quickly. 3 years especially for a injured player that you invested pick 3 on is not long.

*pick 5

The guy was rubbish. Need to cut your losses at some point. I'd have hoped for more though.

It's really Kennedy and 29 for Howe = vary fair. Melbourne slight winners if they draft even a fairly reasonable kid.

And 50 for Toumpas, which is about right or a slight bit cheap.

Overall not a bad trade for Melbourne. Kennedy will play 100 reasonable games. Howe could play 80 reasonable and 20 top class games for Collingwood or 80 reasonable and 20 horrible games for Collingwood.

Good 4 club trade imo.

I'd be shocked if Kennedy got 100 games for us. We've actually got a good young midfield developing that I don't see what a midget like Kennedy does for at all. Melksham is point of difference, so I don't mind getting him, though we overpaid, but an undersized inside mid is totally superfluous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be shocked if Kennedy got 100 games for us. We've actually got a good young midfield developing that I don't see what a midget like Kennedy does for at all. Melksham is point of difference, so I don't mind getting him, though we overpaid, but an undersized inside mid is totally superfluous.
I'd be shocked if he got 50 games. He's rubbish.

Kennedy as an inside mid tears it up at the VFL level. He is played as a forward pocket or as a sub at AFL level and hasn't been give much opportunity in the middle. If he is given a chance (which you might not do) to play as a true inside mid at AFL level it would be interesting to see what happens. Could be ok. He is small but quick and tough. Hopefully he's a gem.
We all know he's tough but his skill level is below average and he there are lingering questions over his endurance. To add to that his small stature is going to make it very hard for him at AFL level where the bodies in clearances are much larger.I have nfi what Melbourne were thinking.

*pick 5

The guy was rubbish. Need to cut your losses at some point. I'd have hoped for more though.
*pick 4.

Still a very high pick. Whilst Stringer at 5 hurts I wouldnt say Macrae has outperformed him by that much.

If he comes good at Port, your FD needs to be cleaned out.

Kennedy as an inside mid tears it up at the VFL level. He is played as a forward pocket or as a sub at AFL level and hasn't been give much opportunity in the middle. If he is given a chance (which you might not do) to play as a true inside mid at AFL level it would be interesting to see what happens. Could be ok. He is small but quick and tough. Hopefully he's a gem.

Thanks, I needed to hear something positive.

Right because he turned out so well at Casey :rolleyes:
While we're at it we should just trade Hogan and Brayshaw for 3rd rounders too I reckon. **** this pathetic club.
What else could the club have hoped to get, neither bloke wants to be there and at this point both are marginal talents at best. Don't look at what we wanted Toumpas to be look at what he is.

What else could the club have hoped to get, neither bloke wants to be there and at this point both are marginal talents at best. Don't look at what we wanted Toumpas to be look at what he is.
Howe was best 22. Toumpas was a 21 yo injury hit talented player. We've got shit picks and a VFL dud in return.

I had Kennedy in my pre-season best 22 for 2015 IIRC. Was really excited with what he showed last year. Obviously he hasn't come on as expected but he did suffer to an extent from playing as a small forward in the AFL. Despite his size he isn't a small forward, he's an inside midfielder, and could potentially be a very good one. Whether he can translate his 2014 VFL form and can build on what he presented in his 2013 AFL stints still remains to be seen. Although that's the theme of this trade, 4 players that have the tools, just question marks over their ability to apply them consistently.

*pick 4.

Still a very high pick. Whilst Stringer at 5 hurts I wouldnt say Macrae has outperformed him by that much.

If he comes good at Port, your FD needs to be cleaned out.

It has been cleaned out! Again and again and again this club seems to have been replaced from top to bottom. And every time I think I can see that light at the end of the tunnel, something goes wrong. Then Paul Roos is stumped as to why us fans are so negative...

Kudos to the pies for getting two of their depth players to their desired destinations and filling a strategic need.

Hopefully this will help facilitate future trades with the other clubs involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port, Melbourne & Collingwood mega trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back