Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Get in the bin you absolute bunch of wasters.

I'd say the humiliation of 2021 is complete, but this has been building since 2019. We've merely disintegrated further from simply mediocre to terrible.

Big changes needed. I doubt any will happen.

Streak couldn’t last forever. Yet again our worst 10 minutes of footy undoes anything else we can do in the remaining 70.

Could have won. Probably should have, despite gifting a 40 point head start. A goal from out of bounds here, an easy set shot clanged into the post there, but ultimately we left ourselves too much to do. As always, our worst footy is game losing calibre.

Positives:
• Liked Cole and Nelson, liked Cripps and Langdon - a weird quartet to stand up and offer us plenty in both directions, but glad they did.
• JK still goes alright
• Nic’s a beast, doing it all himself in the middle yet again
• Always look better when we go fast and direct
• One week closer to a big reset in the offseason

Negatives:
• Never go fast and direct until we have a big deficit. Infuriating.
• Lack of midfield pressure for a quarter lost us the game.

• Our worst is so so bad and has hamstrung any chance of winning consistently. We’re very good for a quarter, up for the fight for a half, but the quarter that we roll over we roll all the way over and cost ourselves wins. Melbourne, Dogs, Saints, North, Essendon.

Won’t make finals, rightfully so with what they’ve served up. Robert Harvey and other big shakeups into the coaching group, Cole to a wing, Ryan as the deepest forward, Allen as a permanent forward, Vardy never again. Big changes needed.

The streak is over but it was properly funny, I guess we’ll always have that. Sign me up for the worst day as an Eagles fan over the best day as a Freo fan. Onto Round 23 then the offseason.

Positives:

* Club now has to admit that whatever the plan was in 2021 didnt work, and will need to change it
* Simmo will be forced to make changes to the gameplan now. You can argue "luck" when percentage is what makes you miss finals/ top 4, but missing finals when the season is yet to wrap up wont be looked upon kindly by the board
* Cleanout coming up. Expect a few of the older boys to hang up the boots in the offseason.

Negatives:

* Probably looking at at least one more sh*tful season next year as we start our transition. So long as we see some improvement in tactics and the youngsters it wont be a complete waste of time though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmos presser prediction:
We didnt take our opportunities in the 2nd quarter.
Fremantle were switched on in the first quarter and that was the difference.
I mean, they won it it the first qtr so it isn't far from the truth.

The question is who is going to take responsibility for it.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Vardy with 5 disposals

Simpson backing him in with "credits in the bank"

Sack them fricken both, that was disgraceful. And with the season at stake too. That selection is absolutely indefensible

Until our bloody ruckman can extract the digit and play a decent game time thats going to happen… he actually is an anchor regardless of what good he does.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Credit to the best boys for finding new and wonderful ways to lose this year.

Not the worst result, it’s clear now that it’s time to rebuild this team, the list needs refreshing, the game plan needs a wrecking ball.

I’m glad we didn’t just roll over, bar another one of our classic run-ons we were the better team. But you can’t allow those and expect to be a good team. And Nobody beats Freo 12 times in a row. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm glad that the players with too many credits to be dropped are the ones that continually cost us.

Sheed; I swear the guy is anaemic. He is just about the weakest player I've ever seen, couldn't lay a tackle even if his life depended on it. The most effort I've seen him display this year is when he tried to be a tough guy and give a cheap shot to the freo player.

Gaff is an absolute potato, all he does is plod along looking for cheap disposals. He doesn't have a contested bone in his body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back