Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

-Cole should play midfield.He looks more composed with ball in hand than most of our mids and hes tough.
-Reddan got praised for his game but hes got a bit of a heart problem.
-Dom Sheed? How long can "that" goal protect you?
-Gaff? The cockup king.
-Those three are far far too slow.We need to trade two of them.
-We desperately need to get H.Edwards permanently into the side as we lack muscle and size down back.With a view to the future [ and lets face it,thats all we've got ] we should look at trading Mcgovern.

-Cherra must be a protected species.Two dropping the balls gave him two frees ceding them one goal and robbing us of another. Throw in the out of bounds on Sarongs goal and you have to wonder?

McGovern is overpaid and out of form and has not had his best season. I stated in another post that a rebuild must start now before the team falls of a cliff and stays outside the 8 for 3 to 5 years

We should strive to do what the Tigers did, absolutely.

And all 16 other teams should strive to do what we did.

If our last five years have been woeful then what does that say for the rest of the comp, the poor bastards. If winning one flag doesn’t even count a great accomplishment then every team in the comp bar Richmond must have been complete and abject failures for the last half decade. Should fold the comp and go home.

Geelong disagrees with you, Hawks also disagrees with you, and further back Brisbane lions also disagree with you. you aim low. aim higher. that's 4 teams who have done wonders in last 16 years. 4 not 1.

taking someone not seriously because they have a different opinion to you is something I am very comfortable with. Being different is a privilege.

I'm all for differing opinions, but you're disrespecting the immense achievement that is a premiership. You can spin it anyway you like but it's that spoilt-brat attitude that makes supporters look like petulant children when things don't go perfectly.

I'm all for differing opinions, but you're disrespecting the immense achievement that is a premiership. You can spin it anyway you like but it's that spoilt-brat attitude that makes supporters look like petulant children when things don't go perfectly.

I provided compelling evidence surrounding the game plan, the manner we played, adaptability, and coaches' weaknesses which makes 18 a one-off outlier. Before you start accusing me or name-calling me of being a petulant child or spoilt brat, how about you try to explain to me where exactly am I being wrong in my analysis. Looking at things objectively does not mean you are a spoilt brat. evidence suggests that our 18 flag was a one-off, feel free to provide me with a different view. good luck trying to refute that. even if we lower the bar and have PF as a metric we still reach the same outcome, 18 was a one-off. wake up.

I provided compelling evidence surrounding the game plan, the manner we played, adaptability, and coaches' weaknesses which makes 18 a one-off outlier. Before you start accusing me or name-calling me of being a petulant child or spoilt brat, how about you try to explain to me where exactly am I being wrong in my analysis. Looking at things objectively does not mean you are a spoilt brat. evidence suggests that our 18 flag was a one-off, feel free to provide me with a different view. good luck trying to refute that. even if we lower the bar and have PF as a metric we still reach the same outcome, 18 was a one-off. wake up.

How is it a one off outlier - we played a GF in 2015 with the same gameplan?

And secondly, you're missing my point; outlier or not, it's still an amazing achievement. The flag is the metric for success.

give him a break mate, he’s contributing some great discussion and thought. He’s also spot on. Stop pulling the sook card when someone gives up a differing opinion to you, rather give some rationale and proper thought to a reply. Guess this is one of those new or low posters you elitist’s don’t like

McGovern is overpaid and out of form and has not had his best season. I stated in another post that a rebuild must start now before the team falls of a cliff and stays outside the 8 for 3 to 5 years
I can't see us falling off a cliff.

We have a good spine of Barrass, McGovern,Redden, Darling and JK or OA.
The mids have let us a down but Kelly, Shuey, and Yeo are quality.
NN is class and we are developing Bailey Williams.

Ryan, Rioli and Cripps are good up forward.

Have some promising youth with Rotham, Ledwards, Hedwards and Foley.

We really lack depth in the midfield so we have to hit the draft.
Also, as most think, we need a new game style.

Things are never as bad as they seem, despite what a lot on here say.

give him a break mate, he’s contributing some great discussion and thought. He’s also spot on. Stop pulling the sook card when someone gives up a differing opinion to you, rather give some rationale and proper thought to a reply.

Big surprise there.

Guess this is one of those new or low posters you elitist’s don’t like

So who needs to give it a break? You're still playing the "cool kids" card for anyone that disagrees with you, and calling me a sook.

NEG - Keep playing under performing weak hearted effortless energyless non defensive muppets who should be dropped back to WAFL, Sheed, Gov, Oallen, VARDY, Darling, Cripps, Cole all should have been dropped at some point throughout the season, along with probably others.
NEG - Pretty much don't have anyone to replace them with anyway, except with untried kids or the regular in and out yoyo's, Ahh chee, Waterman etc.

Pos - one more game and I can stop being bewildered, annoyed, frustrated every Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want us to bite the bullet already.

This meandering half assed in denial about our flag window and rolling out Vardy, Hutchings and to a lesser extend Hurn and JK while our first round draft pick from 4 years ago is forced to drown in the WAFL is doing my head in.

Along with the usual credits in the bank bullshit for the underperforming leaders who have let us down and set the poor standard so often.

Praying Simpson finally removes his head from the sand once we finally miss finals and actually commences the rebuild. Hopefully Brander tells him to **** off.

I can't see us falling off a cliff.

We have a good spine of Barrass, McGovern,Redden, Darling and JK or OA.
The mids have let us a down but Kelly, Shuey, and Yeo are quality.
NN is class and we are developing Bailey Williams.

Ryan, Rioli and Cripps are good up forward.

Have some promising youth with Rotham, Ledwards, Hedwards and Foley.

We really lack depth in the midfield so we have to hit the draft.
Also, as most think, we need a new game style.

Things are never as bad as they seem, despite what a lot on here say.
This is true and you can hopefully add Cameron in as a new small forward recruit next year as well. Long term injuries to mids have hurt and you can add Duggan in that column. Get a decent run with those and a huge preseason and it can turn around very quickly imo. The main structural issue is with our back up ruck not performing and I still have doubts over the lock down capabilities of Barrass/McGovern duo.

Last edited:
Yes we have butchered the last few years.Being "The Family" club hasnt helped when combined with the Covid Crisis.Families and hubs dont always mix.
In spite of all that 2018 was the greatest!!
Who is the WCE midfield coach? Whoever it is should definitely be shown the door. The disorganized structureless rabble weve seen in there the last few years [esp considering the talent available] surely means a sacking .
Sheed,Gaff,Reddan.Sssssllllooooooow!!!

Shuey almost done. Redden over 30. Gaff ineffectual. Yeo injury issues. Sheed disinterested. Kelly injured and not stepping up to lead midfielder status.

I think we’re in bigger trouble than some think. The midfield is imploding.

Shuey almost done. Redden over 30. Gaff ineffectual. Yeo injury issues. Sheed disinterested. Kelly injured and not stepping up to lead midfielder status.

I think we’re in bigger trouble than some think. The midfield is imploding.

It's definitely a worry, but a lot of it is based on form. Gaff needs to be played on the wing, Kelly needs a clear run at it, Sheed needs to be dropped and find some hunger, Yeo is building and should be ready to go round 1. LEdwards looks promising. Actually play Brander. The Duggan experiment isn't over yet.

Hit the draft with 3 midfielder picks and we could still get a decent balance.

Geelong disagrees with you, Hawks also disagrees with you, and further back Brisbane lions also disagree with you. you aim low. aim higher. that's 4 teams who have done wonders in last 16 years. 4 not 1.

Pushing the timeline back an arbitrary 16 years does nothing for your argument. Push it all the way back to Day One in 1987 and where do we stand? Overall wins, Grand Finals, Premierships?

How is it a one off outlier - we played a GF in 2015 with the same gameplan?

And secondly, you're missing my point; outlier or not, it's still an amazing achievement. The flag is the metric for success.

15 game plan was not the same as 18. I have acknowledged the flag but just as an outlier. Outlier is still an achievement. lol. My degree of acknowledgment is different from yours I guess.

Pushing the timeline back an arbitrary 16 years does nothing for your argument. Push it all the way back to Day One in 1987 and where do we stand? Overall wins, Grand Finals, Premierships?

we'll you cant do that because other clubs have been around for way longer so the stats are skewed. you are making an assumption that we are a flag in 8 years team based on our young status. Let's see if we can keep that up after being around for 128 years. For that reason, I do not take that into consideration.

we'll you cant do that because other clubs have been around for way longer so the stats are skewed. you are making an assumption that we are a flag in 8 years team based on our young status. Let's see if we can keep that up after being around for 128 years. For that reason, I do not take that into consideration.
So what we’ve won eg games/finals/flags being all at the top top top end of footy since we joined doesn’t count because we haven’t been around for 160 years? That’s truly a bizarre stance mate.

35 years is a long sample size. We’ve been the best. Nobody is living on past glories or trying to deny where we seem to be headed, but hand waving away what we’ve done because we’ve only existed for three and a half decades, not a century and a half, is just really odd to me. Every club in footy has had the same chance to turnover their list, to build on three to four generations of footballers, they’ve had access to the same talent we have, if anything they start from a stronger base as an existing club. To hand wave it away, especially as a fan of the club…I just don’t understand it.

Especially when you brought up the sample size of last five years, then moved the goalposts to last 16(?) but now it’s last 150 and 35 years is too small a sample size.

Nobody needs to be thrilled with how things are going and appear to be headed. Hand waving away our past successes because we’re in a low point at the moment is a tantrum.

I get a feeling old mate would have been in Kennett's corner in 2009(?) when a Sammy Mitchell tackle saved Clarko's arse, and would have sacked Hardwick long before 2017, furher eroding his "WHY THE **** AREN'T WE A DYNASTY? SIMMO!!!!" argument too. And making us look even better :cool:

So what we’ve won eg games/finals/flags being all at the top top top end of footy since we joined doesn’t count because we haven’t been around for 160 years? That’s truly a bizarre stance mate.

35 years is a long sample size. We’ve been the best. Nobody is living on past glories or trying to deny where we seem to be headed, but hand waving away what we’ve done because we’ve only existed for three and a half decades, not a century and a half, is just really odd to me. Every club in footy has had the same chance to turnover their list, to build on three to four generations of footballers, they’ve had access to the same talent we have, if anything they start from a stronger base as an existing club. To hand wave it away, especially as a fan of the club…I just don’t understand it.

Especially when you brought up the sample size of last five years, then moved the goalposts to last 16(?) but now it’s last 150 and 35 years is too small a sample size.

Nobody needs to be thrilled with how things are going and appear to be headed. Hand waving away our past successes because we’re in a low point at the moment is a tantrum.

lol, what?? I never mentioned anything about anything others seem to be moving goal post not me. Once again you look silly. My key point is our lack of wanting to aim higher and setting the bar higher. Others are mentioning the last 5 years which I countered with more similar clubs. Others are mentioning overall comparison which I am yet again putting in context. cannot compare 35 years versus 120 years of history. Either way, calm down. My passion and support for this club is well documented. Hence why I write these posts and want to see my club do better unlike what you accused me of which is undermining our accomplishments in the past. You should be ashamed of yourself to be honest. love the banter though lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back