Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpires screwing a team to lose them the game please but the Dogs losing is best for us

I think Hawks win then **** up v Geelong is our best scenario.

But Dogs should win easily.

If we won the premiership this year - How many years without contending would you be content with?

Likewise, what would your number of years content be after winning 1 premiership vs say a dynasty like hawks or Richmond?

Dunno why but I feel like if I see one this season I will be happy for a long long while. tbh I have been pretty content since 2012 but the fact that we left 3 on the table makes me now desperately want at least 1 more before relaxing and just enjoying footy as a whole for what it is.

If we won the premiership this year - How many years without contending would you be content with?

Likewise, what would your number of years content be after winning 1 premiership vs say a dynasty like hawks or Richmond?

Dunno why but I feel like if I see one this season I will be happy for a long long while. tbh I have been pretty content since 2012 but the fact that we left 3 on the table makes me now desperately want at least 1 more before relaxing and just enjoying footy as a whole for what it is.
I may be getting a little greedy, but I want back to back flags. If we win back to back flags, I would be content even if we followed those premierships with a couple of wooden spoons.

I may be getting a little greedy, but I want back to back flags. If we win back to back flags, I would be content even if we followed those premierships with a couple of wooden spoons.
M8 if we went back to back i'd be happy with 10 spoons.

I might be saying that now but i guess human nature might take over and would feel angry and upset not being able to make it a threepeat.

I'd like at least 2 flags with this list. B2b would be great, but then you'd want sustained success beyond that point.

If it were 2 flags I'd prefer them not to happen in 2024 & 25 followed by a period of mediocrity. I'd at least want them to bookmark a sustained period of success.

But I'd be happy with 2 regardless. 1 would be the bare minimum.

I reckon with the core we have we should be competitive for 8 years if we can keep it together and fill the gaps as we go along*. We should make finals all those 8 years and top 4 most of them. That should yield 4 grannies and a minimum of two premierships.
* Replacing Grundy, Mills, Heeney, Papley in particular.

I guess winning 1 means you've got a list to potentially win the next two, so probably becomes a continuous expectation to get another. I think the only way to break free of the loop mentally is winning 3 in quick succession like Hawks or Richmond, or atleast 3 in 10 yrs before truly being content. i.e you'd probs be pretty content being a Geelong supporter even if things went downhill for a long period.

I remember when we did it in 05, I've never felt pure elation like I did that day and thought I'd be content forever. Then 12 happened and again I felt that amazing joy and I honestly thought I was satisfied.

Then there was 14, 16 and 22.........

Now I'm really hungry for more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are greedy people here , some haven't had to put up with years of no finals.
Just pray that you see 1 and then hope you might see another
I agree mate. I remember as a teen watching the 2005 Grand Final from Punt Rd with my old man and the look on his face as Leo Barry held the footy as the siren went was priceless! It was his first flag and second of many Grand Finals.

I've been spoilt. My teenage years going into adult has witnessed an excellent footy club full of great culture. Playing in 6 grand finals in 20 years and winning 2. Yes, we didn't take the honours on the other 4 occasions but the feeling I get seeing the Bloods play finals, then win them and moving onto a Grand Final is an awesome feeling including the build up the big dance. How many other footy clubs have been able to get to a Grand Final in the first place? There are a few I can name...

Bloods always.

There are greedy people here , some haven't had to put up with years of no finals.
Just pray that you see 1 and then hope you might see another

Yes and no

This list is too talented not too get some success, its not like we are a pile of middling battlers. I do get your point but still, the club wants to be the best too, and I admire that

Just because the club has been through hard times and fans have had to endure season upon season without finals, there's no reason why we shouldn't be optimistic. Especially after missing out on 3 recently.

Would I be happy with a single flag. Sure, but the club hasn't had a period where we've won back to back flags or flags in quick succession, so why not dare to dream a little.

Just because the club has been through hard times and fans have had to endure season upon season without finals, there's no reason why we shouldn't be optimistic. Especially after missing out on 3 recently.

Would I be happy with a single flag. Sure, but the club hasn't had a period where we've won back to back flags or flags in quick succession, so why not dare to dream a little.

Exactly , I mean if people start burning memberships, spitting on players etc that's spoiled shit.

But wanting success isn't

I remember when we did it in 05, I've never felt pure elation like I did that day and thought I'd be content forever. Then 12 happened and again I felt that amazing joy and I honestly thought I was satisfied.

Then there was 14, 16 and 22.........

Now I'm really hungry for more!
In the end, there were aspects of 2012 which were more enjoyable than 2005 for me. I mean we had a whole minute to celebrate knowing we had won prior to the final siren!

Come to think of it if it wasn't for that mare of a prelim for Richmond, they probably would've ended up with a 4peat. That 1 year gap in-between the three not only stopped a 4peat, but also a 3peat - how unsatisfying... Crazy to think they were on the cusp of one of the greatest football dynasties of all time despite having what felt like an overall underwhelming dynasty side.

Come to think of it if it wasn't for that mare of a prelim for Richmond, they probably would've ended up with a 4peat. That 1 year gap in-between the three not only stopped a 4peat, but also a 3peat - how unsatisfying... Crazy to think they were on the cusp of one of the greatest football dynasties of all time despite having what felt like an overall underwhelming dynasty side.
All stopped by a big American who played his best ever game that day

I agree mate. I remember as a teen watching the 2005 Grand Final from Punt Rd with my old man and the look on his face as Leo Barry held the footy as the siren went was priceless! It was his first flag and second of many Grand Finals.

I've been spoilt. My teenage years going into adult has witnessed an excellent footy club full of great culture. Playing in 6 grand finals in 20 years and winning 2. Yes, we didn't take the honours on the other 4 occasions but the feeling I get seeing the Bloods play finals, then win them and moving onto a Grand Final is an awesome feeling including the build up the big dance. How many other footy clubs have been able to get to a Grand Final in the first place? There are a few I can name...

Bloods always.
The 2005 grand final I saw both my dad and brother break down and cry after the win. They had been going to the Swans from the day the Swans moved to Sydney. Saw all the down times, the losing streaks, I was ecstatic but it meant more to them than it did myself.

I'll be happy with a premiership. I've been lucky to see 2, looking forward to getting the 3rd this year

Last edited:
Seems like every week is a bye week.

Buying tickets was exciting but now I’m bored.

Anyone else the same ?

Now you know how the swans feel, made to wait 3 months before having to play in a game that counts.

A bored team is a confident team. Confident teams win premierships.

Another friendly observation from JHWF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back