Autopsy Practice Match: Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions 24th Feb @ 12pm Tramway Oval on Foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much the only things to be gained or lost from Swans pre-season matches are a) someone breaking through to get considered for selection, or b) copping injuries. We didn't really need a), though a few showed some signs.

They have essentially been meaningless in predicting our fortunes for that year.

Pretty much the only things to be gained or lost from Swans pre-season matches are a) someone breaking through to get considered for selection, or b) copping injuries. We didn't really need a), though a few showed some signs.

They have essentially been meaningless in predicting our fortunes for that year.

Yep, touch wood noone slips up. I don't think I've seen us play a preseason game and smashed the opposition. We tend to just "get through unscathed".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are a top 4 side playing close to their best side except maybe Zorko or Lyons (arguable Now) and Adams (long term concussion)

We are missing a few cogs in Blakey, Papley and Clarke (for a lock down role) Hickey and Fox for at least argument of those that were best 22 last season.

Those inclusions would bridge the gap a bit

So..........My take is we are a top
4 quality team again if we can have another good run with injuries like the Lions also had last year.

Brisbane are a top 4 side playing close to their best side except maybe Zorko or Lyons (arguable Now) and Adams (long term concussion)

We are missing a few cogs in Blakey, Papley and Clarke (for a lock down role) Hickey and Fox for at least argument of those that were best 22 last season.

Those inclusions would bridge the gap a bit

So..........My take is we are a top
4 quality team again if we can have another good run with injuries like the Lions also had last year.
Great positive post and totally agree

Gulden was sensational today, a few rusty moments to be expected but all in all he was by far and away our best
Agreed.

Dean Cox seemed to suggest that Mills & Warner have been training both forward and mids so that Gulden can run through the mids.

I'm very much behind this, though I'd try that with Parker instead of Mills and just leave Mills in the guts.

Agreed.

Dean Cox seemed to suggest that Mills & Warner have been training both forward and mids so that Gulden can run through the mids.

I'm very much behind this, though I'd try that with Parker instead of Mills and just leave Mills in the guts.

Agreed. Mills can kick a goal every so often but Parker is genuinely really good up forward. He is a strong mark and an accurate kick at goal. If given the choice between Parker and Mills up forward I am picking Parker every single time and leaving Mills in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Practice Match: Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions 24th Feb @ 12pm Tramway Oval on Foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back