Pre-season training. Bring it on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was 3 guys training with the boys today. They stood on the sidelines towards the end of the session with Dowdell, Kerridge, Grigg and Crouch etc. Anybody know who they are? Bit of a pointless question seeing as we were the only ones sitting on that side of the oval. But any ideas?

There was 3 guys training with the boys today. They stood on the sidelines towards the end of the session with Dowdell, Kerridge, Grigg and Crouch etc. Anybody know who they are? Bit of a pointless question seeing as we were the only ones sitting on that side of the oval. But any ideas?

Anything or anyone catch your eye at training today, your Dirtiness??

Must have been some stand-outs.Yes??

Thommo and Truck didn't train the whole time. Truck is so gonna be a coach or something alike in the future. He yells alot of direction from the sidelines.

Chris Knights went off with a cut to the head then came back out and did some kicking by himself then rejoined the group.

There was some shocking hair out there, Patty, Tex and Jaensch to name a few.

Like I said there were a few boys training that we had no idea who they were =|

Will Young and Sam Shaw or Talia (can't remember now) spend a while in the sandpit walking around LOL

My observations are limited and hardly footy related LOL

Thommo and Truck didn't train the whole time. Truck is so gonna be a coach or something alike in the future. He yells alot of direction from the sidelines.

Chris Knights went off with a cut to the head then came back out and did some kicking by himself then rejoined the group.

There was some shocking hair out there, Patty, Tex and Jaensch to name a few.

Like I said there were a few boys training that we had no idea who they were =|

Will Young and Sam Shaw or Talia (can't remember now) spend a while in the sandpit walking around LOL

My observations are limited and hardly footy related LOL

Probably would have been Talia due to his achilles surgery. Walking on unstable surfaces is good for strengthening muscles around the foot and ankle area. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaensch said it was one of the hardest ever, Tex said of the preseason and Bernie and Jenkins said they are flogged.

Did noone else go out to training?

There were quite a few people there - but obviously no one who does reports! I spent most of the session trying to get sunscreen out of my eyes (so painful!), so even I won't be much help. BUT at the end of the session, they had a coaches v players goal kicking...the players won but speaking to Sando afterwards he seemed pretty disappointed that the players beat them :p! From what I saw, Sando was the only coach who kicked a goal - he cheered & seemed pretty happy with himself, but got no love from the players, but when a player (I had a restricted view so I couldn't tell which players were kicking for goal) kicked a goal they went into a massive celebration. It was good seeing them having a bit of fun after a long, hard session :thumbsu:

Looks like the two unknowns training with them may have been Josh Gregg from North Adelaide and Ed Smart from Norwood

@Adelaide_FC "Josh Gregg (North) and Ed Smart (Norwood) have been added to our "permission to train" list as the rookie draft approaches #gocrows"

Thanks swifty.

Anyone give me some info on Gregg or Smart. Smart any relation?

Another article on Josh Gregg:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/another-princes-star-on-afl-radar/story-fn525un5-1226122693960

"JOSH Gregg may go on to get drafted and play AFL but he is sure he won't forget his time with Prince Alfred's First XVIII.

The 17-year-old Year 12 student has captained Princes this year and regards last year's Messenger Shield and state knockout competition triumphs as among the highlights of his burgeoning career.

His efforts for Princes' and North Adelaide's reserves have caught the eye of AFL scouts.

Last week he was invited to October's State Draft Combine, where some of SA's top hopefuls will undertake physical tests under the watch of AFL coaches and recruiters.

etc etc "

Also this post on BigFooty School footy forum re State School championships:

What amazing title win by PAC!
Down by 4-5 goals at half time and storm home to win by a point!
Rostrevor looked great for a quarter and a half, until Amato kicked a long goal.
Josh Gregg: superstar. Man did he smash the last quarter to bits!!!
Rostrevor simply couldn't handle the tackling pressure or gut running from PAC.
best schoolboy game ive seen!

I'm in Melbourne too so like to read these reports. It's ironic tho' because I can see the Bombers training several days a week from my Gym at Windy Hill. Last week they were practising cricket fielding where several players would hit a tennis ball and other players would run and throw it back. I immediately thought they were "too soft" but being Essendon they usually have several hard players on their side. Some of the fielding was quite good. The only scare I had was several years ago when Scott Welsh shared a sauna session with me. I was so awed I couldn't even remember his name let alone ask if he was leaving the Crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back