Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

How has everyone felt this week with the media actually taking an interest in our club? Only other times this happens to this level I feel have been the prelims the last few years.

Haven't minded it if Brad Scott has had to take a good hard look at himself as well as the players having to deal with a bit more scrutiny. Let's hope we flog them by 100 and go on a streak now then they will be saying wow imagine if Swallow/Thomas were dropped round 1, the roos could be top 4 right now.
When you review what he said on Footy Classified, he recognised his mistake in putting Boomer and Drew's needs above the club. He has also said he'd go quietly if the club felt he wasn't the best coach going forward.

In short, it seems the 'club before individuals' mantra is top of mind this week.

Our VFL team

View attachment 363296

Dev Squad

Werribee

B: 58. L. Pinnuck, 24. J. Williams, 60. N. Buykx

HB: 63. T. Ellard, 57. H. Boyd, 66. C. Bance

C: 6. J. Sharp, 29. D. Brew, 28. M. Brett

HF: 2. M. Munro, 18. J. Cleeland, 62. J. Corbett

F: 20. J. Robinson, 30. K. Galloway, 15. B. Iles

R: 75. A. Johnston, 27. E. Petterwood, 10. J. Maishman

Int: 7. D. McFarlane, 4. T. Gribble, 48. N. Meredith, 5. J. Jones, 90. A. Liberatore, 88. F. Campisi, 1. B. Hodgson, 96. L. McLeod, 59. B. Houlihan

In: T. Gribble, M. Munro, M. Brett, J. Jones, J. Maishman, N. Meredith, K. Galloway, D. McFarlane
Out: B. Kennedy, B. Xavier, M. Belbasis, J. Cotter
When and where are they playing ?

Still a couple of players in the team that I don't think will play a part in our future beyond this year or maybe next (Thompson, Hansen and Gibson), but I like the direction taken by the club this week and I hope it is sign of things to come.
Goldstein looked a little worse for wear after last week, like a couple of others already, I think he may be replaced by Preuss before the game.

There is a bit too much joy at this news, notwithstanding the fact that it should have happened.

Yep, same here mate. There's some sadness for me in all this.

Fair enough dudes...... this is the first time I think we're keeping it real. Extremely exciting.

15 losses from our last 17 games. I felt we just ignored this shit, so much so when I asked a paid NMFC employee what he felt about our current plight he didn't realise our win/loss record. I get that wouldn't be a focus, but yeah was surprised.

Not just Brad making the call guys, its a match committee decision, whilst surprising it was obvious they were both low on confidence and out of form.
As brutal as it is it will also make everyone else accountable for their performance.
Are Ziebell, Brown and Goldy under an injury cloud? Would've been nice to have Maj as an emergency.

Fair enough dudes...... this is the first time I think we're keeping it real. Extremely exciting.

15 losses from our last 17 games. I felt we just ignored this shit, so much so when I asked a paid NMFC employee what he felt about our current plight he didn't realise our win/loss record. I get that wouldn't be a focus, but yeah was surprised.
What position did this person have? PM if you would prefer NN.

Good to finally see Scott listening to the people. Swallow has been a liability this year only providing us with tackling pressure. His skills just aren't up to it. And Scott was clearly trying to let Thomas play himself into form but that didn't happen. Hopefully Anderson can hold his spot now and work into some good form.

I noticed an article that mentioned Scott Thompson has conceded the second most amount of goals in the last 5 years. Others around him were Rance and McDonald(Melbourne) who clearly run and create where as Thompson doesn't do that anymore. I'd be happy with the list once Thompson is replaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just Brad making the call guys, its a match committee decision, whilst surprising it was obvious they were both low on confidence and out of form.
As brutal as it is it will also make everyone else accountable for their performance.
Are Ziebell, Brown and Goldy under an injury cloud? Would've been nice to have Maj as an emergency.

I think Maj is injured, and wasn't considered. Good move dropping players that are horribly out of form. Thomas needs to find his confidence, as he has really been below his best, and it doesn't help that he hasn't kicked well at goal, and given away free kicks.

Players like Gibson, Atley and Thompson will know that no one is exempt from being dropped. We can't really drop 5 veterans in one week, but it'll be nice that players in form are rewarded with games, regardless of prior reputation.

Oh The Filth Wizard..
It should be a known fact around here by now that The Filth Wizard has no inside word what server. He simply repeats what he sees somewhere else and takes it as gospel.

Towards the end of the year I think one of Hansen and Thompson has to make way for Durdin. Right now Scotty T can't win a one-on-one and overruns the ball with regularity but having Hansen-Thompson-Tarrant-JMac instsenior guys to instruct out on the field.
I think Maj is injured, and wasn't considered. Good move dropping players that are horribly out of form. Thomas needs to find his confidence, as he has really been below his best, and it doesn't help that he hasn't kicked well at goal, and given away free kicks.

Players like Gibson, Atley and Thompson will know that no one is exempt from being dropped. We can't really drop 5 veterans in one week, but it'll be nice that players in form are rewarded with games, regardless of prior reputation.
Yeah I'm really disappointed with Atley and would hope one of Hansen or Thommo comes out for Durin in the 2nd half of they year.
Gibson replacements are probably Hibberd, Mountford or Wagner but you still need some senior figures in the team so it'll be interesting.

Towards the end of the year I think one of Hansen and Thompson has to make way for Durdin. Right now Scotty T can't win a one-on-one and overruns the ball with regularity but having Hansen-Thompson-Tarrant-JMac instsenior guys to instruct out on the field.

Yeah I'm really disappointed with Atley and would hope one of Hansen or Thommo comes out for Durin in the 2nd half of they year.
Gibson replacements are probably Hibberd, Mountford or Wagner but you still need some senior figures in the team so it'll be interesting.
You'd hope there's a plan to get x number of games into players under 22 and hope that number is quite high. Hope

Still a couple of players in the team that I don't think will play a part in our future beyond this year or maybe next (Thompson, Hansen and Gibson), but I like the direction taken by the club this week and I hope it is sign of things to come.
Goldstein looked a little worse for wear after last week, like a couple of others already, I think he may be replaced by Preuss before the game.
Hopefully they phase them out by the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back