Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Western Bulldogs (Good Friday Footy!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me one young player that tore it up compared to say the swans younger players apart from preuss.

At least they wont duck their heads all the time when hearing footsteps like that fraud Thompson. He is so un North Melbourne in the way he plays.

This shouldn't be about young players bs old.

It should be fit and in form players vs unfit and out of form.

To my untrained eye there is at least two players woefully out of form who could be replaced and who knows how many are under done.

Agreed, it should be about the best lineup. This isn't it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is where you do not understand. We are not fielding a young side, in fact we will be fielding one of the oldest. We have soooo many senior players and only 1 is considered A grade and that's Goldy and he should be playing at Werribee. Dropping 4 of them will still leave 10 plodders to show the way for the younguns.

No you and half this board don't want to answer the hard question.

Are you prepared to clean out the 10 plodders and go back down to 3, 4 or 5 wins a season?

Because my Go Dees and Blues fans tell.me how miserable their past decade have been.

No one in here wants to answer that question....all they want to do is say play 10 kids.

Scott Thompson Favourite Moments #3427:

When he runs back toward goal chasing the ball and his opponent is a few meters behind and he grabs the ball, turns to face his opponent and proceeds to slump to his knees and feigns that he's been hit high and puts on an embarrassingly lame act and is caught holding the ball.

Game reference - Too many to mention.

I'm lost.

My only hope is that Scotts has told Swallow and Thompson "you've got 5 weeks to save your career".

I know that's bullsh*t, but I just can't get past the mind numbing stupidity of these selections any other way.

Are we gifting games if we played Durdin and Clarke this week?
I'm asking this because I'm tryna justify their omissions.
Why can't we tell a Mountford, a Hibberd, a Durdin, a Clarke that you are in the team and you will get 'x' amount of weeks to perform.

This one game in one game out bullshit proves what? These kids are the future.

God it pisses me off even thinking about it.
And we will lose some kids because of this no doubt they aren't stupid they can see what's going on.

Are you prepared to clean out the 10 plodders and go back down to 3, 4 or 5 wins a season?

Because my Go Dees and Blues fans tell.me how miserable their past decade have been.

No one in here wants to answer that question....all they want to do is say play 10 kids.

We'll be lucky to get 5 wins by playing the plodders anyway.

What have we got to lose by playing the kids.

If you want any proof that Scotts is taking the piss you just have to look at the LT selection.
First off Scotts says he only plays players on form...WTF? This hack has played 199 games.
Secondly, He spends his media conference talking him up as a small forward in the same class as the Krakourr brothers. FFS!
Thirdly, he names this "legacy small forward" at Full Forward. Fricking muppet.
LT has kicked the most goals of any of our indigenous players. Pretty high up on our all time goal kicking list too. To simply fob him off as a hack is petty. You might not agree with his tactics or the way he plays, but when he's on he has the ability to turn a game in our favour.

I'm sensing a big game from Lindsay tomorrow.

No, much better to scrape out 7-8 wins, finish 10-13 on the ladder, get another middling first round pick after all the top end kids are taken and within a few short years rocket straight back up to the bottom half of the 8 and if we're lucky, win our way through to a prelim before copping a humiliating belting.

This is Mrs H and I from earlier today. We took the boat in the background to a remote beach on an island off the mainland of Timor-Leste. I'll be returning there tomorrow and not giving two hoots I'm missing the game. I put this primarily down to team selection.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1492083813870.jpg
    FB_IMG_1492083813870.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7

Most of our kids are free agents soon.

Wow, so much negativity on here. I for one am going to enjoy the game tomorrow, regardless, because I get to watch my favourite team in a ground-breaking game that my club has earned through constant lobbying and pressure over several decades. It will be a big crowd, a great spectacle, for a good cause. I intend to enjoy the heck out of that, win or lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is Mrs H and I from earlier today. We took the boat in the background to a remote beach on an island off the mainland of Timor-Leste. I'll be returning there tomorrow and not giving two hoots I'm missing the game. I put this primarily down to team selection.

Someone is punching above their weight.

Well you thought the Bye Bye Brad thread is worst on board.

Now you suggest it's bad you agree with Popeye.

No apologies. Says a lot really.

It's an awful side on paper, there isn't one line that excites me, both now and the future
We need to bottom out

Ryan Clarke showed some very good signs last year. So 2017 could have been the year he establishes himself. But what does Scott do ? He drops him for the first two games of 2017 (now that's going to shatter a young kids confidence). Then brings him in for 1 game....GWS interstate (is there a harder road trip ? perhaps Adelaide in Adelaide). And the drops him again. What do you think that is going to do for Clarkes confidence ?

Meanwhile, Swallow and Gibson, 2 very limited footballers get games.
Jamie Mac is in the leadership group, but does he do anything that inspires his team ? Besides getting 15 touches a game on a HBF.
And L Thomas, who is a forward paid to kick goals, but I cringe every time he has the ball in his hands and is lining up for goal be it 15m or 50m out.

I hope Brad Scott gets sacked....

It makes me laugh when people back this team in basing it on not bottoming out. Yet picking our most competitive side has won us how many games in our last 20. We are just about the worst performed club in the past 20 games. Thats fact. Wake up and realise where we are at

No, much better to scrape out 7-8 wins, finish 10-13 on the ladder, get another middling first round pick after all the top end kids are taken and within a few short years rocket straight back up to the bottom half of the 8 and if we're lucky, win our way through to a prelim before copping a humiliating belting.

Lol...sob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back