Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Super first quarter. Good second quarter. Mediocre second half.

But did enough to win. We're good enough and we will almost certainly make the GF! Almost.

Brilliant: Hill, Crisp, Adams, most of the defenders including WHE (good call coaches).

Worries: rucks against Gawn, Lipinski, DeGoey (hurt?), McReery, Elliot, Daicos. They will be better -- a lot of them will. But still some issues.

But totally should be happy. We might still face Melbourne in the GF, but probably Brisbane.
Thought our 3rd quarter was better than our 2nd

Cox did a great job nullifying, actually beating, Gawn in the hit outs. Gawn still had a huge impact around the ground and winning the ball, but we didn't let him give his mids quality service from hit outs. We did lose centre clearances 12-7 but just one less 33-32 stoppage clearance.
Agreed. Gawn was huge in all aspects besides ruck contests

Last edited:
69-37 inside 50 ..... bloody hell . Good first half - not sure we need the week off to be honest but no injuries and a win .
The best player in the competition needs it, so we need it.

Richard and Brayshaw barracked all night for Melbourne, now after the Pies win sucking Pica dick but talking up the "great footy stories" Markov etc.
Weak as piss cnuts

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our defenders won us that.

We actually had a lot of players down on the night I thought so to come away with the win is amazing .
The Good: Mitchell, Sidey, Moore, IQ, Murph, Howe, Crispy, Hill, WHE, Maynard all very good.
Ginni was good when he came on too.
The bad: Lipinski, MCreery, Elliot, Jaicos, Pendles, McStays first half.
Pass: Markov, Mihocek, Cox, Cameron, Adams, Degoey
Johnny F'n would've been handy tonight! Strange call to drop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez the umpires did their best to get them over the line. Amazing job from our defence who were out on their feet.

Ginni was subbed in too late. Cameron should have been off once it was clear that Gawn was going to dominate regardless.

Disagree. I was at the ground saying it could be the first time you just don't sub anyone off. But keeping Cox on the bench to finish off the last quarter and getting him to play out the last, that's good coaching.

Disagree. I was at the ground saying it could be the first time you just don't sub anyone off. But keeping Cox on the bench to finish off the last quarter and getting him to play out the last, that's good coaching.
I think it was a big gamble. Paid off in the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back