Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox did a great job nullifying, actually beating, Gawn in the hit outs. Gawn still had a huge impact around the ground and winning the ball, but we didn't let him give his mids quality service from hit outs. We did lose centre clearances 12-7 but just one less 33-32 stoppage clearance.
Cox dominated Gawn in the first half but started to fatigue in the second half. He was totally spent in the last. We have to go with the Cox Cameron combo.

Our defenders won us that.

We actually had a lot of players down on the night I thought so to come away with the win is amazing .
The Good: Mitchell, Sidey, Moore, IQ, Murph, Howe, Crispy, Hill, WHE, Maynard all very good.
Ginni was good when he came on too.
The bad: Lipinski, MCreery, Elliot, Jaicos, Pendles, McStays first half.
Pass: Markov, Mihocek, Cox, Cameron, Adams, Degoey
Johnny F'n would've been handy tonight! Strange call to drop him.
Got to disagree with the Pendles call...he defended every stoppage brilliantly. Wasn't about disposal it was about pure defence against an elite midfield

Elated to be through to the prelim.

Selection will be interesting.
Considering no injuries or suspensions before then -
IN:
N.Daicos
Ginnivan
OUT:
Markov?
.....who else?

BF Pies board whipping boy Lipinski was OK, and fellow maligned player WHE was good tonight.
Both will play.
...and what of my man Johnny Noble? Will he get a look-in?

Selection headaches are a good thing at this time of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

69-37 inside 50 ..... bloody hell . Good first half - not sure we need the week off to be honest but no injuries and a win . Can’t ask for more but we’d want to run out our next game better than that .
We ran it out fine. When we're leading in the last quarter, our MO is to kill the game. We don't try to score.

Elated to be through to the prelim.

Selection will be interesting.
Considering no injuries or suspensions before then -
IN:
N.Daicos
Ginnivan
OUT:
Markov?
.....who else?

BF Pies board whipping boy Lipinski was OK, and fellow maligned player WHE was good tonight.
Both will play.
...and what of my man Johnny Noble? Will he get a look-in?

Selection headaches are a good thing at this time of year.
Markov? no way

Got the only result that mattered but if we play them 10 times with that inside 50 differential I doubt we win it more than 1 or 2 games in 10.

Our defence was superb but lady luck was well and truly on our side tonight in that final quarter.

Got to disagree with the Pendles call...he defended every stoppage brilliantly. Wasn't about disposal it was about pure defence against an elite midfield
In the eye of the beholder I guess.
Given Melbs dominance in inside 50's and territory I'd say our mids were soundly beaten as a unit. So I find it hard to rate Pendles defensive mid game.

If Melb had a half decent forward line we lose that game comfortably

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back