Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Lippa, as expected, didn't hold up. The writing was on the wall - he just never got going this year. He couldn't handle the pressure at all. Even his kicks which hit targets were shanks off the inside of the boot. And the fumbles, such a killer.

Sad for him, but he's the obvious out for Naicos, Ginnivan, or even Johnny Noble. We're actually lucky he played so poorly, as that sort of performance can't be ignored, even though he's a coach favourite.

Super first quarter. Good second quarter. Mediocre second half.

But did enough to win. We're good enough and we will almost certainly make the GF! Almost.

Brilliant: Hill, Crisp, Adams, most of the defenders including WHE (good call coaches).

Worries: rucks against Gawn, Lipinski, DeGoey (hurt?), McReery, Elliot, Daicos. They will be better -- a lot of them will. But still some issues.

But totally should be happy. We might still face Melbourne in the GF, but probably Brisbane.
It would surprise you to learn that Cox won the hitout count against Gawn 35-31.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win. So many important players had stinkers, but we got there.

Hats off to the backline who were superb all night and Sidebottom on the wing gave us an out.

Hope Maynard escapes any sanctions for what was accidental in my view

See ya in 2 weeks for the Prelim.

P.S Hope Carlton get flogged

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's think about Melbourne though, if they kick better next time, or maybe the time after they're going to kill us šŸ˜…. Got very few quality shots on goal tonight.
Look at our shots on goal early from within 25 metres.
We should have been at least 2, if not 3, further up early.

Should never have been that close, but credit to the umpires, they never gave up hope.
gold-football.gif

Lippa, as expected, didn't hold up. The writing was on the wall - he just never got going this year. He couldn't handle the pressure at all. Even his kicks which hit targets were shanks off the inside of the boot. And the fumbles, such a killer.

Sad for him, but he's the obvious out for Naicos, Ginnivan, or even Johnny Noble. We're actually lucky he played so poorly, as that sort of performance can't be ignored, even though he's a coach favourite.
I had him as one of the three outs several weeks back and don't understand how he survived the cut and Noble got omitted. Lipinski is a very limited player - slow, lacking courage and not the great disposer of the ball that many claim. But he will be selected for the next game. Eventually his selection may cost us a win.

I think Maynard will get rubbed out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Heā€™ll get suspended by the MRO and then challenge and get off.

Cox dominated Gawn in the first half but started to fatigue in the second half. He was totally spent in the last. We have to go with the Cox Cameron combo.
I'm going to disagree and say we have to play Cox, but not necessarily Cameron. Cameron was beaten most of the night by Gawn. He was a match for van Rooyen. I don't think Fly will do this, but Cameron did not play a good game at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back