Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win and we are through that’s the main thing but gee we really need to workout how to get the ball out of that backline!

A lot of players down, so a hell a lot of upside

Cox beat Gawn in the ruck but around the effort and direction of kicks was laughable and easily picked us off. That needs to change ASAP!

Need to stick tackles better at crucial times and stop blind handball if we are not set up for it, wasteful tonight

Cox also still needs to learn how to leave balls for more skilful players and protect them!

Let’s use the next 15 days or so to sharpen up these areas !!

Got the only result that mattered but if we play them 10 times with that inside 50 differential I doubt we win it more than 1 or 2 games in 10.

Our defence was superb but lady luck was well and truly on our side tonight in that final quarter.
We won in RD21 losing I50 by similar number.
Melb‘s inefficiency has been an issue all year, tonight was therefore entirely predictable.

It would surprise you to learn that Cox won the hitout count against Gawn 35-31.

Only because Gawn took possession himself out of the ruck about 10 times.
He tapped a couple straight to Maxy too.

(Don't get me wrong, he was great early and kept fighting)

McCrae looked clueless on the sidelines in the fourth quarter

Well we did completely stop playing football. No intent to attack like we normally do, no momentum so you end up on the back foot even when the ball is up for grabs.

We did the work in the first half but we tried to shut it down too early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great Effort by Collingwood to hold on in Final Qtr as Dees where Killing Us in the Last Qtr

Maynard could be in Big Trouble

Moore had a Poor Game

Elliot went Missing after Qtr Time

Hill was Exciting

McStay is dead eye dick from Set Shots in Front of Goal

A unconvincing win but Take it

Great Effort by Collingwood to hold on in Final Qtr as Dees where Killing Us in the Last Qtr

Maynard could be in Big Trouble

Moore had a Poor Game

Elliot went Missing after Qtr Time

Hill was Exciting

McStay is dead eye dick from Set Shots in Front of Goal

A unconvincing win but Take it
Maynard is not in big trouble Dave ffs

Fantastic to win this game.It was so important to win this in how the finals play out.It’s really put us in the box seat to win the premiership now.😀

But boy oh boy,did we make hard work of it in the last quarter.We seemed to stop to a walk.I don’t think fly would be too happy with the 69 to 37 inside 50 count either.So there’s still quite a bit of work to do for this team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back